Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the lack of even attempt at running.
Henry had 4 carries in the first half. Even with 8-9 in the box, that’s actually when he’s had some serious success because there is no second level.
And spears wasn’t getting carries as an alternate, just didn’t run the ball.

Henry had 4 carries in the first half. Even with 8-9 in the box, that’s actually when he’s had some serious success because there is no second level.
Not that I don't agree but it would have been hard to run the ball with the whole defense in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. Sure, if Henry somehow got by them it would have made for some nice runs...but he would have got stuffed for a loss 95% of the time. OLine didn't give the offense a chance to do anything today. Worst I've ever seen

its much better now that Mark Howard is dead
not that I wanted the fat ass dead, but he died and that is a fact

What's weird is that I always liked Mark Howard EXCEPT for that role. He had the morning show with Frank which I thought was mostly intolerable because of Frank's mental issues, but Mark was my favorite part of that show.

Not that I don't agree but it would have been hard to run the ball with the whole defense in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. Sure, if Henry somehow got by them it would have made for some nice runs...but he would have got stuffed for a loss 95% of the time. OLine didn't give the offense a chance to do anything today. Worst I've ever seen
In the 3 games so far, seems dedicated to either pass or run, not a mix.
I think it would have made sense to run right at Garrett and even if the success wasn’t there, maybe work on the DL for later this n the game.
This game, Kelly just went pass early and often, the bulk of Henry’s carries were late in the game down 17 or even 24.
And he only had 11.

i was at this game. this is one of the worst titans offenses ive seen. the OL is putrid and tannehill isnt good enough to make something happen.

i expected a bad season this year but this might be top 5 pick worthy...

Good thing I didn’t waste my Sunday watching that chit show. I had it playing in the back ground while I was in the garage working on an engine rebuild for a hot rod project I’m working on. Much more fun and productive than watching this mess we have in front of us now.

I didn’t have any real expectations for this team this year anyway. It’s obvious that we are in transition. The Oline is still a mess and will take at least 6-8 games to gel. Henry is on the backside of his career and Tanny seems to be done. We have a lot of holes to fill before we can get back to contention.

Deshaun Watson's 123.4 passer rating was his best rating in a game since Week 16 of the 2020 season and his 81.8 completion percentage was the second-best mark of his career.

But but he's done.

He will never do it again this season. Watson is trash. But so are the Titans. He didn’t create. The Titans gave it to him. All day. Horrible game plan on defense.

They know the line is trash. Why run Henry into a swarm 25 times a game and get him hurt.

That was some of the worst tackling Ive ever seen from our DL.

Horrible. Watson didn’t actually play as well as his stats say. The Titans gave it to him. The lack of preparation and game plan is on Vrabel. But this team just isn’t very talented. That’s on JRob. It’s going to take a couple of years to get back to relevance I’m afraid.

They know the line is trash. Why run Henry into a swarm 25 times a game and get him hurt.
That’s where spears also comes in, doesn’t necessarily have to be just Henry, but when you send the OL into the DL vice stepping backwards and letting them run wild, it potentially slows them down or tires them for later in the game.

not saying it would have worked, but the continued effort to just pass with almost zero success also didn’t make sense.
This would be the in-game adjustments that the Titans have been pretty awful at.

That’s where spears also comes in, doesn’t necessarily have to be just Henry, but when you send the OL into the DL vice stepping backwards and letting them run wild, it potentially slows them down or tires them for later in the game.

not saying it would have worked, but the continued effort to just pass with almost zero success also didn’t make sense.
This would be the in-game adjustments that the Titans have been pretty awful at.

This might be the worst Oline in NFL history. You just can’t do much when it’s this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back