Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the stats we had no business winning this game. Thank goodness for wentz' ineptitude and our absurd redzone efficiency.

There is a lot to be addressed in the bye week
Disagree with the no business winning part. Not that Tennessee was all the impressive, but any team that goes 1/11 on 3rd down is typically chocked up as a loss.
Similar, skins had nothing running the ball.
Wentz comp% wasn’t great, he had a couple big passes to get a lot of yards.

Titans won TOP and TO. Both teams took sacks. Both teams were penalized almost the same (8/69, 9/71)

Small stat, but big in a close game, titans had 11 more yards per punt than Was.

#5 corner. He doesn’t belong on the field period.

Fulton? Are you nuts? Some of y’all are way to emotional with your assessment of players. They are greatest ever or trash. There is middle ground. Fulton is a good NFL CB. He isn’t great. Some of y’all were calling for Byards head 2 years ago. Chill. Fulton is a starting CB.

Fulton? Are you nuts? Some of y’all are way to emotional with your assessment of players. They are greatest ever or trash. There is middle ground. Fulton is a good NFL CB. He isn’t great. Some of y’all were calling for Byards head 2 years ago. Chill. Fulton is a starting CB.
Pretty sure he was talking about Farley who was mentioned later in the post he was responding to.

Nope, my bad, thought I read Farley.

All I know is that these ribs and wings are going to taste so much better with a W..

Still can't believe it came down to the last play.

Disagree with the no business winning part. Not that Tennessee was all the impressive, but any team that goes 1/11 on 3rd down is typically chocked up as a loss.
Similar, skins had nothing running the ball.
Wentz comp% wasn’t great, he had a couple big passes to get a lot of yards.

Titans won TOP and TO. Both teams took sacks. Both teams were penalized almost the same (8/69, 9/71)

Small stat, but big in a close game, titans had 11 more yards per punt than Was.
We were 4-14 on third down so that's a moot point.

Out gained by 140+ yards.

Your big stats are TOP and punt average.....that says it all. We're extremely fortunate to win this game.

YPP 3.9 vs 6.6.

We got cooked

We were 4-14 on third down so that's a moot point.

Out gained by 140+ yards.

Your big stats are TOP and punt average.....that says it all. We're extremely fortunate to win this game.
And TO.

As I said, I’m not making the argument that Tennessee dominated that game.
I’m stating that both played poorly enough to lose that game should they repeat those numbers probably a good 80% of games.

The “no business winning” is what could have easily been used if Washington won.

And TO.

As I said, I’m not making the argument that Tennessee dominated that game.
I’m stating that both played poorly enough to lose that game should they repeat those numbers probably a good 80% of games.

The “no business winning” is what could have easily been used if Washington won.
You're simply wrong here. It's great we got a win, but play this game out 100 times, Washington wins it 90 of them given the stats.

Winning like this just isn’t sustainable. We have to fix some things fast. Getting healthy will help, but holes in the roster are killing us. Poor drafts and not knowing when to keep a drafted player verses signing a 31 year old injured guy is suppressing our roster.

Winning like this just isn’t sustainable. We have to fix some things fast. Getting healthy will help, but holes in the roster are killing us. Poor drafts and not knowing when to keep a drafted player verses signing a 31 year old injured guy is suppressing our roster.

If we don't fix the LT situation, winning against teams like Washington will be our SB.

We have a BYE week and if the LT isn't fixed, it will show me we're not committed to winning this year.

If we don't fix the LT situation, winning against teams like Washington will be our SB.

We have a BYE week and if the LT isn't fixed, it will show me we're not committed to winning this year.
Not sure how you fix LT this late. Teams don’t want to trade decent back ups and not sure who is out there that would be even remotely in any kind of shape to play in two weeks in FA. I think we are stuck trying to make gold out of straw.

Not sure how you fix LT this late. Teams don’t want to trade decent back ups and not sure who is out there that would be even remotely in any kind of shape to play in two weeks in FA. I think we are stuck trying to make gold out of straw.

That's true, but I seriously feel like anyone at this point can be better than Daley at LT. He is an absolute fail of a LT. Lure someone out of retirement at this point.

We just can't go with Daley anymore.

You're simply wrong here. It's great we got a win, but play this game out 100 times, Washington wins it 90 of them given the stats.
Wrong. No way.

That’s about as close to a 50/50 game as they get.

Nothing Washington says they deserved that win or even outplayed Tennessee. Certainly not by some of the key statistics that typically lie on the “winning” side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back