Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

:reaction:
Anyone else quickly losing faith in Ran?

I mean we had the 2nd highest cap space and so far we have not resigned a single one if our own players minus the LS. Most of our UFAs have been allowed to walk away without even a wiff of interestin being resigned. Then we get to free agency and so far we have signed:
  • mid tier starting CB for too much money at 12 mil per
  • highest paid Center ever even if it was the best signing so far
  • Underperforming former 1st rnd MLB that can't tackle
  • RB with identical skill set to what was already on the roster for 8 mil per yr and same contract Henry should of got
  • SWING OG/OT that nobody has even heard of but hey at least a former teammate of the highest paid Center ever....
This does not look good...maybe Vrabel didn't make the Dillard call after all amd he was right to ask for total roster control! If we were going to blow up the roster like this we should have done it at the trade deadline last year....

:reaction:

This would be big time. Perfect compliment to Murray. Make it happen,

Y’all need to be a little patient. We have a LOT of holes to fill so can’t pay too dollar for everyone.
Something else I was thinking about, a reason why we haven't signed any of our own FA other than the LS is that they want them to see that they aren't really being sought to the degree others have been, thus giving the Titans leverage.

Something else I was thinking about, a reason why we haven't signed any of our own FA other than the LS is that they want them to see that they aren't really being sought to the degree others have been, thus giving the Titans leverage.
Leverage? They're signing with division rivals lol

This would be big time. Perfect compliment to Murray. Make it happen,

Y’all need to be a little patient. We have a LOT of holes to fill so can’t pay top dollar for everyone.
I think a LOT patient.
Regardless who is signed and drafted, the season still has to play out.
If the team is another 6 win team, certainly valid for question marks or even doubt but losing faith before even 1 game is played is pretty ridiculous.

I mean we had the 2nd highest cap space and so far we have not resigned a single one if our own players minus the LS. Most of our UFAs have been allowed to walk away without even a wiff of interestin being resigned. Then we get to free agency and so far we have signed:
  • RB with identical skill set to what was already on the roster for 8 mil per yr and same contract Henry should of got
  • SWING OG/OT that nobody has even heard of but hey at least a former teammate of the highest paid Center ever....
This does not look good...maybe Vrabel didn't make the Dillard call after all amd he was right to ask for total roster control! If we were going to blow up the roster like this we should have done it at the trade deadline last year....

Just playing devil’s advocate here - but what if the front office has decided that we are truly in rebuilding mode and want to make the splashes just prior to opening the new stadium? Perhaps they are letting some FAs test the market as @Aqutis30 had stated above, but maybe also playing the long game to obtain future comp picks that can be used to trade up and/or fill out the roster as we get closer to the new stadium? Not saying this is what is happening, but trying to see the possibilities.

Yes, as fans, we want it now and all the time! Do I want the team to win every game, of course, but I’m also not having high hopes of that in year 1 with Callahan. Would I like to see all our guys back that we believe are key or household names? You bet. But maybe Callahan and company see it differently. I’m not employed by the team or among NFL ranks so I only have my opinion and you have yours, and that’s ok. All I ask for is a competitive team on game day that I ENJOY watching.

Just playing devil’s advocate here - but what if the front office has decided that we are truly in rebuilding mode and want to make the splashes just prior to opening the new stadium? Perhaps they are letting some FAs test the market as @Aqutis30 had stated above, but maybe also playing the long game to obtain future comp picks that can be used to trade up and/or fill out the roster as we get closer to the new stadium? Not saying this is what is happening, but trying to see the possibilities.

Yes, as fans, we want it now and all the time! Do I want the team to win every game, of course, but I’m also not having high hopes of that in year 1 with Callahan. Would I like to see all our guys back that we believe are key or household names? You bet. But maybe Callahan and company see it differently. I’m not employed by the team or among NFL ranks so I only have my opinion and you have yours, and that’s ok. All I ask for is a competitive team on game day that I ENJOY watching.
Forfeiting 2 seasons to play for a season with a new stadium is stupid and no team deserves a fan base if that’s evenly remotely the thought process.

Forfeiting 2 seasons to play for a season with a new stadium is stupid and no team deserves a fan base if that’s evenly remotely the thought process.
While your point is valid and I agree, it’s all about the money to ownership. They could still flourish without fans in a given market. We’ve seen that as they just move their franchise and are welcomed in with open arms.

While your point is valid and I agree, it’s all about the money to ownership. They could still flourish without fans in a given market. We’ve seen that as they just move their franchise and are welcomed in with open arms.
I’d hate to walk away from football, but if there’s any proof to any of that, it’s AAS selling the team that needs to happen.
The exact reason the worst league owners on Kronkie and Moddell because they literally Bud Adams’d their own fans.
Sure LA makes money, but zero fan base. They’ll be moving again soon.
Imagine how just absolutely sh**ty a titans stadium would be with zero titans fans and a bunch if traveling salesman.
There’s a reason the best years the titans had were 99-2001 as far as the stadium goes. They’ve never repeated that kind of success.
For that brief window, the titans were on par as an actual organization like KC or Seattle or heck, even Cleveland.

All I know is Charles can’t be worse than brewer and makes six and a half million a year less. If he is depth great. If he fights his way into the starting lineup even better. Brewer getting paid 21 million in Miami is the best free agent move by the titans so far.

All I know is Charles can’t be worse than brewer and makes six and a half million a year less. If he is depth great. If he fights his way into the starting lineup even better. Brewer getting paid 21 million in Miami is the best free agent move by the titans so far.
Brewer was replaced by Cushenberry.
Charles will be competing against the rest, likely RG/RT or as suggested (and the video clip posted) he’ll be backing up Ski at LG.

This does not look good...maybe Vrabel didn't make the Dillard call after all amd he was right to ask for total roster control! If we were going to blow up the roster like this we should of done it at the trade deadline last year....
New coaches will get players that fit their systems. They may not be the biggest signings but the Titans are in rebuild mode and have a lot of holes to fill. Can’t only sign superstars and even if you do there’s no guarantee those players workout. Personally I’m just happy they’re actively signing players there were too many off-seasons in the past that the titans signed no one for the first few days of free agency. also none of us are GMs so just sit back and see what they can do before judging the signings.

Report is that Ran and Tommy Callahan were supposed to be at Georgia Pro Day today, but stayed in Nashville to work free agency...

Yeah, I would say that is probably the better choice lol - as free agents are falling off the board like lawn darts.

Report is that Ran and Tommy Callahan were supposed to be at Georgia Pro Day today, but stayed in Nashville to work free agency...

Yeah, I would say that is probably the better choice lol - as free agents are falling off the board like lawn darts.
Honestly Ran should have stayed and Brian could have went. What Ran does is way more important at the moment in FA than scouting at a Pro Day.

It seems like once Bowers and Mims said they weren’t going to work out at the Pro Day, there was not really a point. Already saw McConkey at the Combine.

Wait saw on the NFL Network best available tracker ; Fulton is still out there. Titans arnt even going to bring him back either?! Let everyone walk jeesh - can’t imagine he’s expensive and still young and only last year people were thinking he’d be their #1(or very least #2) corner of the future etc

Wait saw on the NFL Network best available tracker ; Fulton is still out there. Titans arnt even going to bring him back either?! Let everyone walk jeesh - can’t imagine he’s expensive and still young and only last year people were thinking he’d be their #1(or very least #2) corner of the future etc

Titans like every other team see absolutely nothing in him. Dude is straight garbage and can't stay healthy.

Cheers to a happy hamstring and new team.

Latest posts

Back