Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Armstead would be a nice replacement for Autry. Should come fairly cheap as well. And he wouldn't qualify for draft pick compensation, which is another advantage.

Jerome Baker and Justin Simmons are 2 other guys we are interested in that won't come with draft pick compensation.

If we continue to target guys that were recently released, we could end up with 2-3 compensation picks in next years draft.

Just playing devil’s advocate here - but what if the front office has decided that we are truly in rebuilding mode and want to make the splashes just prior to opening the new stadium? Perhaps they are letting some FAs test the market as @Aqutis30 had stated above, but maybe also playing the long game to obtain future comp picks that can be used to trade up and/or fill out the roster as we get closer to the new stadium? Not saying this is what is happening, but trying to see the possibilities.

Yes, as fans, we want it now and all the time! Do I want the team to win every game, of course, but I’m also not having high hopes of that in year 1 with Callahan. Would I like to see all our guys back that we believe are key or household names? You bet. But maybe Callahan and company see it differently. I’m not employed by the team or among NFL ranks so I only have my opinion and you have yours, and that’s ok. All I ask for is a competitive team on game day that I ENJOY watching.
I want to see that ticket marketing campaign

buy tickets this year cause 2 years from now Titans might be good... or not

Jerome Baker and Justin Simmons are 2 other guys we are interested in that won't come with draft pick compensation.

If we continue to target guys that were recently released, we could end up with 2-3 compensation picks in next years draft.
Good observation

If I see one more of these "X has interest in X" tweets, I'm going to go on a rant on some sports personality's page lol...

Literally, all that means is.... "We don't know sheet, but we're going to try and get clicks, shares, and retweets based off our guessing and speculation..."
russini has direct connections to the titans, if she's saying we are interested, we probably are

russini has direct connections to the titans, if she's saying we are interested, we probably are

She isn't saying we are interested though. She said the Titans are expected to have interest. Which basically means she is reporting on someone's opinion. Not that we are actively showing interest,

There are few reporters that are credible, she is one. Even fewer experts on the board..of which I am not one. Just gotta screen all the BS out.

She said EXPECTED TO HAVE.

Which is basically reporting it, without being liable if it doesn't develop.

And further more, said TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE INTEREST IN ARIK ARMISTEAD....
--- well no sheet sherlock...

If I see one more of these "X has interest in X" tweets, I'm going to go on a rant on some sports personality's page lol...

Literally, all that means is.... "We don't know sheet, but we're going to try and get clicks, shares, and retweets based off our guessing and speculation..."
“Journalism”

Yeah, god forbid they don't allow a WAR OF THE WORLDS radio broadcast (1938) rhetoric to be built in their tweets lol.... but yet, that's all Twitter has ever been since the sports world found it's 'craze.'
Great reference by the way.
Some probably aren’t familiar with the story of the war of the worlds broadcast, but one of many that has changed broadcast communications really since invention.

I like the speed in which info is available but it’s come at the cost of verifying stories to publish complete and accurate info.
Sports it doesn’t really matter about revealing sources but there never seems any repercussions for the amount of incorrect info posted. Schefter could be wrong 100x in a row but will remain THE source for everything breaking ESPN.

Great reference by the way.
Some probably aren’t familiar with the story of the war of the worlds broadcast, but one of many that has changed broadcast communications really since invention.

I like the speed in which info is available but it’s come at the cost of verifying stories to publish complete and accurate info.
Sports it doesn’t really matter about revealing sources but there never seems any repercussions for the amount of incorrect info posted. Schefter could be wrong 100x in a row but will remain THE source for everything breaking ESPN.
Just like weather people being wrong 50% of the time.

Latest posts

Back