Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

The Athletic gave it an A though

Grading the good, bad and ugly of every major NFL free agency 2024 deal

Titans land WR Calvin Ridley
Grade: A

Randy Mueller’s Top 150 ranking: No. 13

Second-year GM Ran Carthon pulls off an upset, signing Ridley away from Jacksonville, and beating out New England for his services as well. Ridley agreed to a four-year, $92 million deal with $50 million guaranteed.

The move essentially gives Tennessee and second-year QB Will Levis two No. 1 receivers in Ridley (76 catches, 1,016 yards, eight touchdowns) and DeAndre Hopkins (75 catches, 1,057 yards, seven touchdowns).

Second-year GM Ran Carthon pulls off an upset, signing Ridley away from Jacksonville, and beating out New England for his services as well. Ridley agreed to a four-year, $92 million deal with $50 million guaranteed.

The move essentially gives Tennessee and second-year QB Will Levis two No. 1 receivers in Ridley (76 catches, 1,016 yards, eight touchdowns) and DeAndre Hopkins (75 catches, 1,057 yards, seven touchdowns).
I think secretly this also speaks volumes for players not liking the Jax organization.
If we look at where Tennessee was at the beginning of last year vs Jax, you’d think players wanting a ring would’ve considered Jax the better option (self declared division champs for the next decade and all) while TN was predicted to bad bad last year, probably mixed feelings overall for this year.
Ridley chose titans over Jax in that scenario. Maybe it’s money, maybe it’s Ran/BC but it’s probably a little to do with the Khan organization.

With legit WRs we're signing and moving to a pass offense, hopefully improving the OL..I would had loved to see what Henry could have done in this offense

With legit WRs we're signing and moving to a pass offense, hopefully improving the OL..I would had loved to see what Henry could have done in this offense
From what everyone has told me, Henry would be on the sidelines either dead or practicing how to catch and block.
Apparently he’s a liability at all 3 (catch, block, live)

LOL, these writers just making excuses to write.

On the surface it looks like a solid move

I think secretly this also speaks volumes for players not liking the Jax organization.
If we look at where Tennessee was at the beginning of last year vs Jax, you’d think players wanting a ring would’ve considered Jax the better option (self declared division champs for the next decade and all) while TN was predicted to bad bad last year, probably mixed feelings overall for this year.
Ridley chose titans over Jax in that scenario. Maybe it’s money, maybe it’s Ran/BC but it’s probably a little to do with the Khan organization.

Jax is a garbage org. The Urban Meyer hire illustrates that perfectly. They had to fire him less than a year after giving him a ton of money, despite no NFL experience. Clearly no homework was done.

Latest posts

Back