Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

My favorite line in Moneyball is "Your goal shouldn't be to buy players, your goal should be to buy wins."
Looking at WAR and other metrics used to determine positional value as they contribute towards wins, it's very clear the most important positions in football are:
QB, CB, WR and S by A LOT. I was surprised about safety. Then there is a significant drop off in importance, followed by: RB, Edge, LB, OT, TE, DI, G, C in that order.

Go get Sneed and Blackmon (or Simmons)

I like the atheletic but I just realized they had Aaron brewer ranked higher than Tony pollard as a free agent.

Not even Aaron brewer ranks himself ahead of Tony pollard.

Maybe, maybe not. His injuries the last two years were unrelated.. ACL and Achilles. He's still only 29 but it is concerning that his only two full seasons were his first two in 2017 and 18.

His coverage stats were still fantastic even in a small sample size the last two years. Definitely worth brining him and see what's up. View attachment 21664
Should be able to replace Farley pretty easily at least.

My favorite line in Moneyball is "Your goal shouldn't be to buy players, your goal should be to buy wins."
Looking at WAR and other metrics used to determine positional value as they contribute towards wins, it's very clear the most important positions in football are:
QB, CB, WR and S by A LOT. I was surprised about safety. Then there is a significant drop off in importance, followed by: RB, Edge, LB, OT, TE, DI, G, C in that order.

If it matters, WAR is stupid in baseball too.

WAR is stupid in football... unpossuble to tease the individual importance without looking at film of every play... and also the metrics of WAR, time score ect, not nearly as applicable in football

In baseball though batting and pitching, and to a large degree even fielding, are individual situations and can be measured with stats accurately

but even today some things, like taking third on a single, are not measured in any way the public has access to it. I have no doubt GMs have these stats but I have never found them on the web

Ohhhhh I thought yall said GWAR!
Hit Gwar Bar in Richmond couple times a year. The Baconecutioner is fantastic- ground brisket and chuck! Got these killer shroom tots too. As you eat next to a severed neck hanging from the ceiling and a limb here an there on the walls…. Love that place

You can't start AJ Brown tonight..... cause he plays for Philly.............

Latest posts

Back