Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Nice read to at least have some insight, even if he was speaking generally without giving away all the intel. Part of me is wondering if we play the wildcard in the draft if staying at 7. Everyone pegging Titans to draft OT at 7, but there’s a chance with 4 QBs and 2 WRs drafted that the Titans have their choice of top Defenders in the draft; and knowing Callahan said you need multiple (3-4) rushers, do you take the top rated DE and push the OT down the board in your needs?

He undersold inside linebacker. Shoo mercy if there is not a need there at this point.

I really think that we could go defense in the 2nd rnd...add a LBer to be the future qb of the defense. Of course if their is a guy that can get after the passer then I certainly wouldn't complain because as Callahan said you can't have enough of them.

The main reason that I don't go Bowers in the 1st rnd and especially at #7 is that TEs aren't worth it from a cap standpoint. Their franchis tag number is 12.5mil barely above RBs at 12mil. You would like to lock in a starter at a premium position on a cheap contract for 5 yrs... OL 21mil or WR at 21.8mil

I really think that we could go defense in the 2nd rnd...add a LBer to be the future qb of the defense. Of course if their is a guy that can get after the passer then I certainly wouldn't complain because as Callahan said you can't have enough of them.

The main reason that I don't go Bowers in the 1st rnd and especially at #7 is that TEs aren't worth it from a cap standpoint. Their franchis tag number is 12.5mil barely above RBs at 12mil. You would like to lock in a starter at a premium position on a cheap contract for 5 yrs... OL 21mil or WR at 21.8mil

Hmm. Would you draft Gronk or Kelce at #7? It’s always a win if you hit and a bust if you don’t.

I’m not a GM but I’d def trade back to mid 1st, take Alt, Fashanu or Bowers there BPA or beat D player CB, DE, MLB. With what we pick up. Go BPA from there on.

Niners would be dumb to trade Aiyuk right now. They have the cheapest starting QB in the league. You load up on talent during this window. You don't trade it away for draft picks.

[QUOTE="Titans2004, post: 2070766, member: 1393"]I really think that we could go defense in the 2nd rnd...add a LBer to be the future qb of the defense. Of course if their is a guy that can get after the passer then I certainly wouldn't complain because as Callahan said you can't have enough of them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Before acquiring Ridley and Sneed I felt the pick in the 2nd would be a WR or CB. The Titans landed two corners during free agency and Ridley. It's gotta be a defensive lineman, edge rusher or even an ILB in the 2nd. ILB is deplorable, The Titans presently have a reclamation project and several lackluster players there. Not good. At EDGE they at least have Landry, but nobody to start on the opposite side. Also not good. The defensive line has Big Jeff, but SJD is a completely different type of player than Autry and will never match his versatility, nor his production.

Perhaps I may sound crazy, but could the Titans bring back Bud Dupree as depth? He's still available and was decent in Atlanta last season playing in all 16 games. Obviously the Titans wouldn't have to pay him anywhere near what they did the first time.

Titan win total in Vegas set at 5.5. I hardly ever gamble, but I find it extremely hard to believe we will not win six games. I will ponder this proposition with further due thought and diligence.

Titan win total in Vegas set at 5.5. I hardly ever gamble, but I find it extremely hard to believe we will not win six games. I will ponder this proposition with further due thought and diligence.

I've been thinking 6 is the number. We could definitely go over that if everything gels just right, but you almost have to count on a learning curve for a brand new coach and staff. 5 or less does seem really low, given our schedule, so yeah. I'll bet the over.

I’ll just say that 6 would be a disappointing season. With all the money spent, a top 10 pick and new leadership, I feel confident they can reach about 8-9.

I’ll just say that 6 would be a disappointing season. With all the money spent, a top 10 pick and new leadership, I feel confident they can reach about 8-9.

We signed some guys, lost some guys, got a new coach, lost a (mostly) effective coach. I expect the team to look different. Just probably not better yet. I'm hopeful, though. Maybe we will hit the lotto.

We signed some guys, lost some guys, got a new coach, lost a (mostly) effective coach. I expect the team to look different. Just probably not better yet. I'm hopeful, though. Maybe we will hit the lotto.
Which “(mostly) effective” coach is gone?
I can’t think of any that were (moderately) effective, unless the goal was to blow 4 games division leads.

Which “(mostly) effective” coach is gone?
I can’t think of any that were (moderately) effective, unless the goal was to blow 4 games division leads.

Lol. I too love to hate on Vrabel. Overall though, he did a pretty good job and won more games than he lost. The new guy... we just don't know yet. So to me, it's even until proven otherwise.

Exactly - unless I’m missing something how is this a 5 win team?? Upgraded WR, upgraded at Corner - still could upgrade at safety - losing Autry stinks , of course losing Henry isn’t ideal but Pollard / Spears is solid and we have essentially the same QB situation as last year - plus the top 7 pick as you said

7 wins should be the floor and going up from there

Exactly - unless I’m missing something how is this a 5 win team?? Upgraded WR, upgraded at Corner - still could upgrade at safety - losing Autry stinks , of course losing Henry isn’t ideal but Pollard / Spears is solid and we have essentially the same QB situation as last year - plus the top 7 pick as you said

7 wins should be the floor and going up from there
I hope 7 is floor but realistically, the QB is not a certainty.
If levis proves he’s not the guy or gets injured, this team is in trouble quick.
I’m concerned with ability to stop the run. No matter how effective the offense might be, teams might be able to neutralize that by running which also might spell disaster.

I think they’re set up to win more than 5, and those are just betting odds, not really a prediction, but I can see a couple scenarios where the team could be in trouble.

Latest posts

Back