Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Titan win total in Vegas set at 5.5. I hardly ever gamble, but I find it extremely hard to believe we will not win six games. I will ponder this proposition with further due thought and diligence.

I think the division we play in helps. We should be able to go at least 2-4.Then you have the Patriots, Vikings, and Commanders which are likely wins on paper. 6 wins certainly seems likely, imo. But Levis will determine a lot of that. If he can utilize the offensive pieces we have and take a step forward combined with what should be a very solid defense., then 7-8 wins seems very likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll just say that 6 would be a disappointing season. With all the money spent, a top 10 pick and new leadership, I feel confident they can reach about 8-9.

More than anything, I want to see Levis show he can be a franchise QB. I can stomach another 5-6 win season if Levis shows he is legit.

Hmm. Would you draft Gronk or Kelce at #7? It’s always a win if you hit and a bust if you don’t.

I’m not a GM but I’d def trade back to mid 1st, take Alt, Fashanu or Bowers there BPA or beat D player CB, DE, MLB. With what we pick up. Go BPA from there on.
As 2nd and 3rd round picks respectively, sure. As top 7 picks without having Brady, Mahomes, Andy Reid, and hindsight? Absolutely not. When was the last time a 1st round pick TE worked out? I think someone mentioned Tony Gonzalez earlier. Maybe Greg Olsen? Meh.

There are so many mid round pick TEs that outproduce top picks, and the TE position overall is very cheap. Kelce and Gronk are perfect examples. A 1st round TE is just not worth it in my option, even if they are a Veron Davis freak athlete.

In your scenario, if we trade back and pick up an extra 1st rounder, then I guess it's a luxury pick and more palpable, but not at 7. At 7 it needs to be LT, WR, or EDGE (which I'm not a huge fan of this year).

Not sure if it was posted anywhere, but nfltraderumors posted this trash article:

Chiefs & Titans Grades For The L’Jarius Sneed Trade

So the trade was widely panned for the Chiefs not receiving enough in return. Meanwhile the Titans give up a FUTURE 3rd rounder and sign him to a pretty reasonable contract compared to recent CB contracts, but somehow the Chiefs get the better grade?

The Chiefs media bias is exhausting.

I really think that we could go defense in the 2nd rnd...add a LBer to be the future qb of the defense. Of course if their is a guy that can get after the passer then I certainly wouldn't complain because as Callahan said you can't have enough of them.

The main reason that I don't go Bowers in the 1st rnd and especially at #7 is that TEs aren't worth it from a cap standpoint. Their franchis tag number is 12.5mil barely above RBs at 12mil. You would like to lock in a starter at a premium position on a cheap contract for 5 yrs... OL 21mil or WR at 21.8mil
I've become a Payton Wilson fan. Not top of the 2nd, but if we can trade back...

Payton Wilson Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

JROB, is that you?

Hey now, you can take guys that are injury risks as long as they are outside the 1st round.

I don't think any of us would have had an issue with the 21 daft if in the first round we went Darrisaw or Rousseau or everyone's favorite choice, Joe Tryon. And then drafted Farley in round 2.

In fact, everyone would have probably called J-Rob a genius for getting a top 15 talent in the 2nd round.

Not sure if it was posted anywhere, but nfltraderumors posted this trash article:

So the trade was widely panned for the Chiefs not receiving enough in return. Meanwhile the Titans give up a FUTURE 3rd rounder and sign him to a pretty reasonable contract compared to recent CB contracts, but somehow the Chiefs get the better grade?

For as long as I've followed football, free agency and draft grades are basically the equivalent to "reverse Jim Cramer" in the stock market. If you get A's for everything you did in free agency and the draft you know your team is about to suck.

I've seen terms for the Sneed trade/contract etc... but on the Titans app theres still no mention of signing him. Every other FA signing is there but him. So is it not official still?

Taylor Swift effect

Did the Chiefs break CBA rules when trading L’Jarius Sneed?

Mike Florio with NBC Sports was also confused by the Chiefs’ decision and thinks the front office might have flirted with breaking Collective Bargaining Agreement rules on the matter. Florio suggests the Chiefs didn’t intend to extend Sneed when they placed the franchise tag on him, which isn’t allowed under the current rules set by the NFLPA.

“At some point, that approach potentially runs afoul of Article 4, Section 8(b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which provides that “[a] Club extending a Required Tender must, for so long as that Tender is extended, have a good faith intention to employ the player receiving the Tender at the Tender compensation level during the upcoming season.”

It’s not supposed to be a device for trading the player. The team is supposed to want to keep the player, at least for another season. In this case, it could be argued (if Sneed or the NFL Players Association were inclined to make the argument) that the Chiefs did not have a good-faith intention to to employ Sneed in 2024.”

Latest posts

Back