Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Honestly I wouldn't be mad at drafting Bowers at 7. I don't think anyone can make an argument other than presenting that Vernon Davis and Ebron didn't live up to the TE hype.

If that's the case, then teams shouldn't draft a QB in the top 5 as there's been many QB'S who haven't lived up to expectations.

Bowers freshman year at UGA was a man possessed. I remember thinking to myself that he was going to be an absolute stud from here on out. He's going to be special.

If we don't draft him, I hope to God nobody from the AFC South does.
Not arguing Bowers specifically but add Kellen Winslow to that short list, and 3/5 TE taken top 10 fell well short of expectations.
That’s a low success rate for a top 10 position.

Honestly I wouldn't be mad at drafting Bowers at 7. I don't think anyone can make an argument other than presenting that Vernon Davis and Ebron didn't live up to the TE hype.

If that's the case, then teams shouldn't draft a QB in the top 5 as there's been many QB'S who haven't lived up to expectations.

Bowers freshman year at UGA was a man possessed. I remember thinking to myself that he was going to be an absolute stud from here on out. He's going to be special.

If we don't draft him, I hope to God nobody from the AFC South does.

There has been 1 TE in the last 35 years drafted in the top 10 that has actually lived up to the hype. That was Tony Gonzalez.

This isn't comparable to QBs at all.

Kansas City fans making fake news that the Sneed trade fell through lol
I think they are reposting the initial report that did state the trade fell through because of contract dispute with Sneed.
The next day, must’ve been figured out, cause the trade went through.

There has been 1 TE in the last 35 years drafted in the top 10 that has actually lived up to the hype. That was Tony Gonzalez.

This isn't comparable to QBs at all.
Hockenson is a beast. Pitts had Ridder throwing to him so who knows, but he was still real good. Those are the only Top 10 tight ends in the league. Bowers has way more hype than either of those guys did, largely because we was so much more dominant. Bowers had as many yards and TD’s in college as Hockenson and Pitts did COMBINED. He’s special and you can line him up anywhere.

Hockenson is a beast. Pitts had Ridder throwing to him so who knows, but he was still real good. Those are the only Top 10 tight ends in the league. Bowers has way more hype than either of those guys did, largely because we was so much more dominant. Bowers had as many yards and TD’s in college as Hockenson and Pitts did COMBINED. He’s special and you can line him up anywhere.

Hockenson is good. I wouldn't call him a beast, but he is good. I would not exactly be thrilled with spending the No 7 overall pick on a TJ Hockenson clone.

Much like RB, good tight ends can be pretty easily found throughout the draft. If I am drafting a TE top 10, he had better be a Kelce or a Kittle or a Witten or a Gronk type of TE. A true game changer. Otherwise, it's a wasted pick, because the difference between a guy like Hockenson and guys like Trey McBride, Dallas Goedert or Cole Kmet isn't that substantial.

Speaking of McBride, he was a guy a couple years ago that I was very high on. He had virtually the exact same physical traits as Bowers. He didn't have the career production that Bowers ended up with in college, but physically he was very similar. He went 55 overall and has turned into a very good, though not elite TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clowney can't play the Clowney role...he was a big disappointment in Tennessee...pass
If we signed Peat I would feel a somewhat comfortable trading down, depending on how far the drop is. If it's with the Vikings for instance, we better be getting back more than than a 2 and a 3. I don't really care what trade value says. When you're looking to move up for the QB you believe is your franchise QB, then you're willing to pay a premium for it.

But still think passing on Alt could prove to be an all time blunder.
I would think it would be a trade of 1sts plus at least a third

Mocks lately have cooled on Bowers to Chargers, probably because they lost Williams and traded Allen. Bowers to Jets at 10 is a common spot now.

Yes I know. The point is that even a gaining an extra 2 and a 3 should not be enough to fall back that far if Minny is trying to move up to get their franchise QB.
Exactly. When you KNOW a team is specifically trying to move up for a particular player or position, you use that to your advantage. It's much easier to gauge in Round 1.

Yes I know. The point is that even a gaining an extra 2 and a 3 should not be enough to fall back that far if Minny is trying to move up to get their franchise QB.
Exactly. When you KNOW a team is specifically trying to move up for a particular player or position, you use that to your advantage. It's much easier to gauge in Round 1.

This is a handy site, they use the point system NFL teams use as a guide for draft pick trades. You can see the picks for all teams and the corresponding point value.

2024 NFL Trade Value Chart

Again, it is just a guide but it helps when speculating on scenarios

Latest posts

Back