Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

This is one of the biggest issues around the NFL but especially with this franchise.

THill was great because his contract at first was great once we pay him our window was officially over so the Oline suffer and he got injured.

The team and some fans refuse to accept the true especially after the bengals game and we waste 2 years fully knowing he was not the answer but because of the awful contract we suffer and everyone got fire.

That's why change is important is not call tanking is call accepting your mistakes and moving on.
This is pretty awful too.
Some fans are all about “rebuild” every time a team loses. This especially awful when entire games are pinned on 1 player.
You also probably believe that every team can get “the answer” every year, some just don’t.

I get it, you don’t like the moves made, but that doesn’t change what I said. THill was easily a legit starter until the injuries piled up in 22’.

And tanking is still stupid. If teams need to throw entire seasons away to get the right players, you know there’s problems with scouting team, GM, HC, or all of the above. Clearly TN had that exact issue.

This is pretty awful too.
Some fans are all about “rebuild” every time a team loses. This especially awful when entire games are pinned on 1 player.
You also probably believe that every team can get “the answer” every year, some just don’t.

I get it, you don’t like the moves made, but that doesn’t change what I said. THill was easily a legit starter until the injuries piled up in 22’.

And tanking is still stupid. If teams need to throw entire seasons away to get the right players, you know there’s problems with scouting team, GM, HC, or all of the above. Clearly TN had that exact issue.
Every team makes mistakes the problem is how long it takes for the F.O and coaches to accept the mistake.

Right after the Cincy game everyone knew Thill was done physically and mentally.Why on earth would you continue with him for two more seasons.

It took yet another injury for us to try Levis and even then Vrabel didn't want to because "it give us the best chance to win".

Is not tanking is change you don't need to tank in order to move on.

Every team makes mistakes the problem is how long it takes for the F.O and coaches to accept the mistake.

Right after the Cincy game everyone knew Thill was done physically and mentally.Why on earth would you continue with him for two more seasons.

It took yet another injury for us to try Levis and even then Vrabel didn't want to because "it give us the best chance to win".

Is not tanking is change you don't need to tank in order to move on.
Not “everyone knew” THill was down against Cin.
Even the absolute best QB all time have bad games. That was the worst time to have one and titans fans are way more harsh regarding those games than most fan bases. That’s what not winning SB does.

continuing with THill was not the wrong move. The team started 7-3 the very next season despite downgrades in many positions, specifically OL.

You also can’t “just move on” in some cases. Clearly financially, moving on from THill in 22 or 23 would have been financially disastrous. Note Denver right now after Wilson.

And all things considered, clearly you’re talking about ripping the team apart after the 21’ season, a #1 seed and in effort to get the magic QB. Who was that QB? Either the 22’ draft or FA. Titans traded up and could have taken the first QB of the draft, Kenny Pickett? Ridder? Titans even took a StEaL in Willis.

Or was the idea to completely just unload everything in 22’, financially disastrous or not, stink as bad as possible to get #1 pick in 23’?
Then hope and pray it’s not Bryce Young?

what strategy is any of this.

The mistake was signing Tannehill to that big of deal after one decent part season...he was mediocre his entire career with Miami. Every team does it but those 2 good/great years he had it was Henry that was driving the offense not Tannehill. Imho

The mistake was signing Tannehill to that big of deal after one decent part season...he was mediocre his entire career with Miami. Every team does it but those 2 good/great years he had it was Henry that was driving the offense not Tannehill. Imho
Agree the contract was bad but supply and demand is a thing not to mention players maximizing after good years. That’s the entire premise of “contract years”.

he couldn’t have played any better during his contract year, the team overall did very well, and there were limitations on QBs available.

Really the argument isn’t even entirely his bad contract, it’s the combination of the worst string of drafts ever put together. TN forfeiting 3 first rounders in Panda, Farley, and Burks, plus the not great other selections all played massive roles in forcing the rebuild.

Agree the contract was bad but supply and demand is a thing not to mention players maximizing after good years. That’s the entire premise of “contract years”.

he couldn’t have played any better during his contract year, the team overall did very well, and there were limitations on QBs available.

Really the argument isn’t even entirely his bad contract, it’s the combination of the worst string of drafts ever put together. TN forfeiting 3 first rounders in Panda, Farley, and Burks, plus the not great other selections all played massive roles in forcing the rebuild.
Tannehill was ranked #5 behind Brees (re-signed with NO), Brady (TB), Newton(NE), Prescott(tagged)...if I remember the rumours of Brady joining Vrabel were pretty big.

Tannehill was ranked #5 behind Brees (re-signed with NO), Brady (TB), Newton(NE), Prescott(tagged)...if I remember the rumours of Brady joining Vrabel were pretty big.
We could also argue his 2019 contract was a steal.
1/ $5.5 mil.
Even with the late start, he ranked very well among the league. #1 in rating.

not sure how the cap hit is figured but from an avg QB salary of contract, THill ranked:
11 in 2020
11 in 2021
16 in 2022
17 in 2023

to me, that’s not even excessive until you see the unfortunate play in 23’.

Not “everyone knew” THill was down against Cin.
Even the absolute best QB all time have bad games. That was the worst time to have one and titans fans are way more harsh regarding those games than most fan bases. That’s what not winning SB does.

continuing with THill was not the wrong move. The team started 7-3 the very next season despite downgrades in many positions, specifically OL.

You also can’t “just move on” in some cases. Clearly financially, moving on from THill in 22 or 23 would have been financially disastrous. Note Denver right now after Wilson.

And all things considered, clearly you’re talking about ripping the team apart after the 21’ season, a #1 seed and in effort to get the magic QB. Who was that QB? Either the 22’ draft or FA. Titans traded up and could have taken the first QB of the draft, Kenny Pickett? Ridder? Titans even took a StEaL in Willis.

Or was the idea to completely just unload everything in 22’, financially disastrous or not, stink as bad as possible to get #1 pick in 23’?
Then hope and pray it’s not Bryce Young?

what strategy is any of this.
But what was the alternative ???

Two seasons of nothing it was a waste of everyone's time.We try to win and got nowhere.

But what was the alternative ???

Two seasons of nothing it was a waste of everyone's time.We try to win and got nowhere.
Stick with THill and draft/sign talent around him.
0/2 all the way around for JRob and company.
As noted, sticking with THill started with a 7-3 opening and a huge division lead. Injuries happen to every team, some more critical than others.
THill was not off to a great start and the alternative presented was Malik Willis.
I have no idea why anyone wasted a draft pick on that guy at all. But for JRob and co. That was right up their alley for wasting draft picks.

it’s easier to suggest 1 specific fault than to argue all of the factors involved.
If I had to pick 1 thing that caused the current rebuild, it isn’t THill, it’s the terrible drafting of nothing for 4 years.
2018 - 1/4 on roster. Landry.
2019- 2/6 players still in TN. Simmons and Hooker.
2020 - 0/6 on roster.
2021 - 4/8 on roster. Radunz, weaver, molden, Farley.

Even on the guys still on the roster 7/24, who is making impacts or even starts?

Wilson the Panda was a killer to the team and set them back a ways
I thought he was going to be great! What a waste of talent and a chance most folks will never know

Wilson the Panda was a killer to the team and set them back a ways
I thought he was going to be great! What a waste of talent and a chance most folks will never know
At this point, I think Farley has been equally a waste and set back for the team.

I’ll even go as far to defend Burks in respect to those two wastes.

Stick with THill and draft/sign talent around him.
0/2 all the way around for JRob and company.
As noted, sticking with THill started with a 7-3 opening and a huge division lead. Injuries happen to every team, some more critical than others.
THill was not off to a great start and the alternative presented was Malik Willis.
I have no idea why anyone wasted a draft pick on that guy at all. But for JRob and co. That was right up their alley for wasting draft picks.

it’s easier to suggest 1 specific fault than to argue all of the factors involved.
If I had to pick 1 thing that caused the current rebuild, it isn’t THill, it’s the terrible drafting of nothing for 4 years.
2018 - 1/4 on roster. Landry.
2019- 2/6 players still in TN. Simmons and Hooker.
2020 - 0/6 on roster.
2021 - 4/8 on roster. Radunz, weaver, molden, Farley.

Even on the guys still on the roster 7/24, who is making impacts or even starts?
So paying a middle of the pack QB so much money was not an issue at all?

Anyways I'm just glad that bump is gone and no longer with us he got carry by Henry.

Anyways I'm just glad that bump is gone and no longer with us he got carry by Henry.
Maybe re-read everything, but I definitely didn’t say it was not an issue at all.
Him getting paid middle of the pack QB money is not the biggest issue that caused a rebuild.

I also have no issue he’s gone (think I said that too) and however you you want to look at it for Henry carrying him. He absolutely made the most and the team got the best out of him in 2019-2020.

What was the better option to signing Tannehill to the big contract in 2020? No contract and roll with another failed starter? Maybe, trade up and take Jordan Love with our first? Or, take Jalen Hurts with our first? You’re just bitching to bitch.

Why is it so hard to admit Tannehill is a bad QB I'm suprise how so many of you defend him here is just sad.

Yet again it's understandable since the bar is so low here in Nashville since McNair left Thill has been one of our best QBs since.

He is the tallest midget.(besides Mcnair)

Why is it so hard to admit Tannehill is a bad QB I'm suprise how so many of you defend him here is just sad.

Yet again it's understandable since the bar is so low here in Nashville since McNair left Thill has been one of our best QBs since.

Your definition for “defend” is anyone who doesn’t despise the guy.

Congratulations for being “right” about something years after it matters, I guess.

A few pieces added to the defensive line, OLB/ILB, a starting FS and LT should make it a fun team to watch. ILB and DL will likely be addressed during the draft both of those positions are bone dry in the free agency pool. I'd actually be ok with the Titans signing Bud Dupree to a 1 year deal to rotate with Key. There are still some options out there at Free Safety as well. Quandre Diggs still has some good football left in the tank.

Latest posts

Back