Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

This is pretty awful too.
Some fans are all about “rebuild” every time a team loses. This especially awful when entire games are pinned on 1 player.
You also probably believe that every team can get “the answer” every year, some just don’t.

I get it, you don’t like the moves made, but that doesn’t change what I said. THill was easily a legit starter until the injuries piled up in 22’.

And tanking is still stupid. If teams need to throw entire seasons away to get the right players, you know there’s problems with scouting team, GM, HC, or all of the above. Clearly TN had that exact issue.

Every teams entire season is pinned on 1 player, and that player is QB1. Sure, you occasionally have a team with a phenomenal defense and league average QB and they are pretty good. But if your QB play is just bad, you won't be successful period. Tanne was league average in 2021 and we had a great defense. We finished with the number 1 seed in the AFC. And then he shit the bed.

In 2022, Tanne was just bad. You could tell father time has caught up and he just wasn't the same QB. It was obvious we needed to move on and rebuild. But guys like you somehow thought 2023 would be any different and we were talented to make the playoffs, despite it being painfully obvious this was not a good team. Now we are a year behind in our rebuild.

A few pieces added to the defensive line, OLB/ILB, a starting FS and LT should make it a fun team to watch. ILB and DL will likely be addressed during the draft both of those positions are bone dry in the free agency pool. I'd actually be ok with the Titans signing Bud Dupree to a 1 year deal to rotate with Key. There are still some options out there at Free Safety as well. Quandre Diggs still has some good football left in the tank.
need some guys with chronic diseases that prevent them from practicing

that is always fun

Every teams entire season is pinned on 1 player, and that player is QB1. Sure, you occasionally have a team with a phenomenal defense and league average QB and they are pretty good. But if your QB play is just bad, you won't be successful period. Tanne was league average in 2021 and we had a great defense. We finished with the number 1 seed in the AFC. And then he **** the bed.

In 2022, Tanne was just bad. You could tell father time has caught up and he just wasn't the same QB. It was obvious we needed to move on and rebuild. But guys like you somehow thought 2023 would be any different and we were talented to make the playoffs, despite it being painfully obvious this was not a good team. Now we are a year behind in our rebuild.
in reality until now T17 could not be 'moved on from'

Every teams entire season is pinned on 1 player, and that player is QB1. Sure, you occasionally have a team with a phenomenal defense and league average QB and they are pretty good. But if your QB play is just bad, you won't be successful period. Tanne was league average in 2021 and we had a great defense. We finished with the number 1 seed in the AFC. And then he **** the bed.

You are so awful at reading comprehension and have awful takes.

first, this -
“Every teams entire season is pinned on 1 player, and that player is QB1.”
Is a straight BS statement. Clearly you’re stating that Levis was the cause of last year’s s**t season, THill the year before (despite getting injured for the year at 7-3), and countless other teams. Guess GOAT Lawrence lost everything for Jax last year, Anthony Richardson F’d over the Colts. Etc etc etc I’m sure you see how stupid a statement this is.

then you speak for others with imaginary conversations like this
“But guys like you somehow thought 2023 would be any different and we were talented to make the playoffs,”
It’s like you completely ignore context of conversations even if blatantly stating the team is no better than an 8-9 win team. And yea, they underperformed on that guess. But you completely disregard statements that would make the obviously conclusion that the only case the Titans would be a playoff team is if the rest of the division continues to suck. That would be verbatim from my posts that you didn’t read or understand.

you still didn’t even attempt to address the issues that “moving on” from THill in 22 would have caused.
You have no suggestion for different path other than “should done it different. You guys are stupid THill defenders.”

and what the F is “a year behind our rebuild”?
Like there was some existing timetable to not just rip the franchise down to the floor and rebuild back to the mansion. The idea you even have this timetable brings your ignorance to the neighbors that just performed a “rebuild” from leagues’s second worst team to a 10 win division winner.

Either your post is entirely troll based or whatever THill did to you is clearly not safe for the forum.

The Broncos just let go of their mistake they have no better option at the moment and are probably the worst team in NFL with no cap/picks or QB.

However they make the right call they pull the plug and actually have the balls reliaze their mistake and face their rebuild which is at least 2 years away.

And I get a rebuild does not guarantee success we all know that but I'm not satisfied with 8 wins and with no Superbowl which were we should aim and do WHATEVER it takes to get there.

THill had a mental breakdown and was just average at best he was never going to get us there (Superbowl) with his play or contract. We need it to pull the plug last year but Amy waited to long.

You are so awful at reading comprehension and have awful takes.

first, this -
“Every teams entire season is pinned on 1 player, and that player is QB1.”
Is a straight BS statement. Clearly you’re stating that Levis was the cause of last year’s s**t season, THill the year before (despite getting injured for the year at 7-3), and countless other teams. Guess GOAT Lawrence lost everything for Jax last year, Anthony Richardson F’d over the Colts. Etc etc etc I’m sure you see how stupid a statement this is.

then you speak for others with imaginary conversations like this
“But guys like you somehow thought 2023 would be any different and we were talented to make the playoffs,”
It’s like you completely ignore context of conversations even if blatantly stating the team is no better than an 8-9 win team. And yea, they underperformed on that guess. But you completely disregard statements that would make the obviously conclusion that the only case the Titans would be a playoff team is if the rest of the division continues to suck. That would be verbatim from my posts that you didn’t read or understand.

you still didn’t even attempt to address the issues that “moving on” from THill in 22 would have caused.
You have no suggestion for different path other than “should done it different. You guys are stupid THill defenders.”

and what the F is “a year behind our rebuild”?
Like there was some existing timetable to not just rip the franchise down to the floor and rebuild back to the mansion. The idea you even have this timetable brings your ignorance to the neighbors that just performed a “rebuild” from leagues’s second worst team to a 10 win division winner.

Either your post is entirely troll based or whatever THill did to you is clearly not safe for the forum.

A lot to unpack here. Quite clearly I triggered you.

1. Levis was not good last year but he wasn't terrible either. So yeah, he was a big part of why we finished 6-10. If we had a legit franchise QB playing like a legit franchise QB, we easily win 3-4 more games and are squarely in the playoffs race. We wouldn't have been SB contenders most likely. But the point is that a top tier QB covers up a lot of holes.

2. The Jags went 9-8. And Lawrence indeed didn't play all that great, especially when it mattered most. He was a little better than league average during a year where QB play was down across the league. I'm not sure why you keep calling him GOAT like I think he's the best QB in the league or something. He was top 10 in 2022 and a little better than league average in 2023. The Jags would likely be a 4-5 max win team without him.

3. Lol at context. Either you thought the Titans were good enough to make the playoffs or not. Being maybe good enough to compete in a what you thought was a trash division isn't any better.

4. What issues what it have caused moving in from Tanne after we 2022? Lol, that makes zero sense. We were likely to be bad even with Tanne and guess what? We were. What changes by moving in from Tanne after 2022?

5. We are a behind because gutting the team a year ago and getting as many draft picks as possible would have set us up to compete quicker. And to be clear, gutting the team does not equal tanking. The point is to get younger and find players that will be part of our core for the next 5+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Broncos just let go of their mistake they have no better option at the moment and are probably the worst team in NFL with no cap/picks or QB.

However they make the right call they pull the plug and actually have the balls reliaze their mistake and face their rebuild which is at least 2 years away.

And I get a rebuild does not guarantee success we all know that but I'm not satisfied with 8 wins and with no Superbowl which were we should aim and do WHATEVER it takes to get there.

THill had a mental breakdown and was just average at best he was never going to get us there (Superbowl) with his play or contract. We need it to pull the plug last year but Amy waited to long.
Dude, the Broncos have been rebuilding for 7 seasons. That’s the example you want to use?

A lot to unpack here. Quite clearly I triggered you.

1. Levis was not good last year but he wasn't terrible either. So yeah, he was a big part of why we finished 6-10. If we had a legit franchise QB playing like a legit franchise QB, we easily win 3-4 more games and are squarely in the playoffs race. We wouldn't have been SB contenders most likely. But the point is that a top tier QB covers up a lot of holes.

2. The Jags went 9-8. And Lawrence indeed didn't play all that great, especially when it mattered most. He was a little better than league average during a year where QB play was down across the league. I'm not sure why you keep calling him GOAT like I think he's the best QB in the league or something. He was top 10 in 2022 and a little better than league average in 2023. The Jags would likely be a 4-5 max win team without him.

3. Lol at context. Either you thought the Titans were good enough to make the playoffs or not. Being maybe good enough to compete in a what you thought was a trash division isn't any better.

4. What issues what it have caused moving in from Tanne after we 2022? Lol, that makes zero sense. We were likely to be bad even with Tanne and guess what? We were. What changes by moving in from Tanne after 2022?

5. We are a behind because gutting the team a year ago and getting as many draft picks as possible would have set us up to compete quicker. And to be clear, gutting the team does not equal tanking. The point is to get younger and find players that will be part of our core for the next 5+ years.
Goal post move. So QB isn’t the only reason, just a “large part”? You said entire seasons are pinned on 1 player and it’s QB1.
Then you defend Lawrence, regardless how decent he played, they didn’t win the SB. That’s a lost season and the entire season gets pinned on QB1.

Denver is in a terrible position to even begin a rebuild. That have tons of dead cap in Wilson who now plays for Pit.
Since you missed it the first time, titans were already in cap trouble for the 22’ season. Cutting THill not only had massive dead cap, but the titans didn’t have a QB at all.
You suggested no solution for either of those issues. Thomas’s are big issues considering the entire season is pinned on QB1.

Goal post move. So QB isn’t the only reason, just a “large part”? You said entire seasons are pinned on 1 player and it’s QB1.
Then you defend Lawrence, regardless how decent he played, they didn’t win the SB. That’s a lost season and the entire season gets pinned on QB1.

Denver is in a terrible position to even begin a rebuild. That have tons of dead cap in Wilson who now plays for Pit.
Since you missed it the first time, titans were already in cap trouble for the 22’ season. Cutting THill not only had massive dead cap, but the titans didn’t have a QB at all.
You suggested no solution for either of those issues. Thomas’s are big issues considering the entire season is pinned on QB1.

LMAO, I was illustrating the importance of the QB position. A QB can't control everything, obviously. But QB1 is the single most important position on the field, and how the QB plays affects the outcome of games more than anyone else on the field. So having a bad QB that plays bad will result in a bad record. Is that easy enough to understand?

The only person moving the goalpost here is you. I quite CLEARLY said that having a franchise QB playing like a franchise QB would have placed us squarely in playoff contention this past season.

And lastly, if the goal was rebuilding (which it should have been) how does Tanne's cap dead cap hit matter in any way whatsoever? Would have taken a higher cap hit last year sure, but it was clearly a throw away year. And guess what? We still have Tanne dead cap space this year of 9.2 million. So we could have had an extra 9.2 million in cap space to spend this year by dumping Tanne last year.

And it doesn't really matter who we would have got to replace Tanne, since we were going to be bad anyways. But if it really mattered, we could have signed Gardner Minshew or Baker Mayfield for 4 million dollars and have been much better off.

LMAO, I was illustrating the importance of the QB position. A QB can't control everything, obviously. But QB1 is the single most important position on the field, and how the QB plays affects the outcome of games more than anyone else on the field. So having a bad QB that plays bad will result in a bad record. Is that easy enough to understand?

The only person moving the goalpost here is you. I quite CLEARLY said that having a franchise QB playing like a franchise QB would have placed us squarely in playoff contention this past season.

And lastly, if the goal was rebuilding (which it should have been) how does Tanne's cap dead cap hit matter in any way whatsoever? Would have taken a higher cap hit last year sure, but it was clearly a throw away year. And guess what? We still have Tanne dead cap space this year of 9.2 million. So we could have had an extra 9.2 million in cap space to spend this year by dumping Tanne last year.

And it doesn't really matter who we would have got to replace Tanne, since we were going to be bad anyways. But if it really mattered, we could have signed Gardner Minshew or Baker Mayfield for 4 million dollars and have been much better off.
Continuing the goal post shift, now only games hinge on QB1 play, not full seasons that QB1 is “a large factor”.
Got it, GOAT tank.
Throw seasons away for auto SB QB pick.

The dead cap if THill was cut in 22’ was something like $37 mil.
The fact that you must not understand how cap availability affects the overall team says a lot as well.
“Doesn’t matter how much money is wasted or lost. QB1 is all that matters.”

why waste all this money on Ridley or trying to build a D? If you have all pro QB, none of it matters. And if the QB isnt all pro, just chuck him and draft as close to #1 as you can until you get that all pro QB.
are you sure you don’t work in the Jags organization?

Continuing the goal post shift, now only games hinge on QB1 play, not full seasons that QB1 is “a large factor”.
Got it, GOAT tank.

The fact that you must not understand how cap availability affects the overall team says a lot as well.

why waste all this money on Ridley or trying to build a D? If you have all pro QB, none of it matters. And if the QB isnt all pro, just chuck him and draft as close to #1 as you can until you get that all pro QB.

Just spend all draft picks on a qb every year until you hit on a QB1

Got it, GOAT tank.

LMAO, again the only person shifting the goalpost is you. Yes games are part of a season. And the outcome of those games determines your W-L record for that season. Sorry you are having so much trouble putting all the pieces together. I'll try to break everything down layer by layer for you as I continue on.

Tanne sucked in 2022. (Note: 2022 refers to the 2022-2023 NFL, 17 game season). He predictably sucked again in 2023. (Note: see previous note, but substitute 2023 for 2022). In what way would cutting ties with Tanne at the end of 2022 have made it worse for the Titans today? Please explain that math to me. I would love to hear it.

If Tanne was still the QB now, I would agree that spending money on Ridley would be a wasted effort.

LMAO, again the only person shifting the goalpost is you.

And again, Tanne sucked in 2022. He predictably sucked again in 2023. In what way would cutting ties with Tanne at the end of 2022 made it worse for the Titans today? Please explain that math to me. I would love to hear it.

If Tanne was still the QB now, I would agree that spending money on Ridley would be a wasted effort.
In 2022, cutting THill would have been $38 dead money.
Assuming all other signings, plus rookie class, titans would have been at (-)$2.5 mil AND still not have a QB.

even assuming minshew ($2.5 mil) or mayfield ($3.5 mil) the team would have to have replaced different players to save another $6 mil or so to be at $0.

cap availability for 2023. Add another $17.8 dead for THill.
with the signings and rookies that took place, there was appx 29 mil available.

Cannot assume same signings and definitely not rookies as 2022 would have reached you goal of #1/2 draft pick. The higher draft picks would have been higher rookie contracts.

still only Willis under contract. limited cap space. Likely trade Levis to either Young or Stroud.
2024 cap space availability was among the highest in part for not just eating dead cap for 2 seasons.
But you’re good with tossing away 2 seasons OR stroud is about what he is in Houston (he wouldn’t be because of the team around him) and the team still scrapes together the same amount of wins in 23.

I get it, you’d rather just not have reason to watch football for 2 full seasons for the Goat tank.

financially at a minimum, made 100% sense to ride with THill in 22’.
That doesn’t even put any consideration to you’re argument that he was done specifically because of the Cin performance.

In 2022, cutting THill would have been $38 dead money.
Assuming all other signings, plus rookie class, titans would have been at (-)$2.5 mil AND still not have a QB.

even assuming minshew ($2.5 mil) or mayfield ($3.5 mil) the team would have to have replaced different players to save another $6 mil or so to be at $0.

cap availability for 2023. Add another $17.8 dead for THill.
with the signings and rookies that took place, there was appx 29 mil available.

Cannot assume same signings and definitely not rookies as 2022 would have reached you goal of #1/2 draft pick. The higher draft picks would have been higher rookie contracts.

still only Willis under contract. limited cap space. Likely trade Levis to either Young or Stroud.
2024 cap space availability was among the highest in part for not just eating dead cap for 2 seasons.
But you’re good with tossing away 2 seasons OR stroud is about what he is in Houston (he wouldn’t be because of the team around him) and the team still scrapes together the same amount of wins in 23.

I get it, you’d rather just not have reason to watch football for 2 full seasons for the Goat tank.

financially at a minimum, made 100% sense to ride with THill in 22’.
That doesn’t even put any consideration to you’re argument that he was done specifically because of the Cin performance.

This post in an incoherent mess. You go from talking about 2023 to 2022????

I specifically said at the end of 2022 was the time to cut Tanne. As in prior to the 2023 season. Or 1 year ago from this very minute. What in the ever loving hell are you even talking about?

We could have done pretty much everything we did last off-season and have done it all while still cutting Tanne and saving the dead cap hit this year.. Maybe we don't sign one of Dillard/AAS/Bunting and instead sign Minshew or Baker. What a tragedy that would have been, eh?

This post in an incoherent mess.

I specifically said AFTER 2022. As in prior to the 2023 season. Or 1 year ago from this very minute. What in the ever loving hell are you even talking about?

We could have done pretty much everything we did last off-season and have done it all while still cutting Tanne and saving the dead cap hit this year.. Maybe we don't sign one of Dillard/AAS/Bunting and instead sign Minshew or Baker. What a tragedy that would have been, eh?
Where did you say that specifically?

maybe I did read Dacost’s post but I don’t see that specifically mentioned in any of your posts either.

If that was your statement, then that does change some of what I’m saying.

you did still say that entire seasons are pinned on the QB1 which is ridiculous.

Where did you say that specifically?

maybe I did read Dacost’s post but I don’t see that specifically mentioned in any of your posts either.

If that was your statement, then that does change some of what I’m saying.

you did still say that entire seasons are pinned on the QB1 which is ridiculous.

Almost all of the post you have quoted of mine literally state either "after the 2022 season" or "at the end of the 2022 season." It's the same time frame regardless of what phrasing I used.

And yes, QB1 is literally the most important position on the field. You don't have to have Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes to win games, but you do have to have consistent and competent QB play.

Almost all of the post you have quoted of mine literally state either "after the 2022 season" or "at the end of the 2022 season." It's the same time frame regardless of what phrasing I used.

And yes, QB1 is literally the most important position on the field. You don't have to have Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes to win games, but you do have to have consistent and competent QB play.
This is just word argument at this time, but here’s your quotes.
None explicit say before 23’, you even ask how things would be different before 22’ which explains the response.

If you meant something different, it wasn’t explained well. Obviously we’re arguing different points then.
here ya go.

Tanne sucked in 2022. (Note: 2022 refers to the 2022-2023 NFL, 17 game season). He predictably sucked again in 2023. (Note: see previous note, but substitute 2023 for 2022). In what way would cutting ties with Tanne at the end of 2022 have made it worse for the Titans today? Please explain that math to me. I would love to hear it.

Latest posts

Back