Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firkser, Sambrailo, Jenkins, and Johnson.

Plus you have to allocate for rookie contracts. Titans have a lot of picks so spotrac is estimating $9.5 million to rookies.

We also need to remember that we have 51 players under contract now that are counting toward the cap in these figures. Many are low value guys that will be cut and replaced by draft picks. So so many of the picks after the 2nd round really won’t impact the current cap numbers because they are basically replacing the salary of people currently counting against the cap.

Firkser, Sambrailo, Jenkins, and Johnson.

Plus you have to allocate for rookie contracts. Titans have a lot of picks so spotrac is estimating $9.5 million to rookies.
So after rookies and before those 4 guys we only have 5m? Seems like without further cuts/restructures we are broke.

We also need to remember that we have 51 players under contract now that are counting toward the cap in these figures. Many are low value guys that will be cut and replaced by draft picks. So so many of the picks after the 2nd round really won’t impact the current cap numbers because they are basically replacing the salary of people currently counting against the cap.

Yep. If all draft picks make the 53 man, and we only cut the cheapest players to make room, the max net add to the cap is around $5 mil.

So after rookies and before those 4 guys we only have 5m? Seems like without further cuts/restructures we are broke.

Would seem that way, yes. I think we are done for the most part in FA. Might make some smaller moves but with 9 picks I think JRob and Vrabel plan on trying to fill out the roster that way.

True but that doesn’t mean we have that cap space available now.

True but that doesn’t mean we have that cap space available now.

At what point do you have to be under the cap? I am not sure. But it is effectively cap space and means we don’t need to count on 9.5 mill for draft picks. You can just cut current players with every draft pick you sign. The total salary cost of that is probably 4-5 mill. So that means we have around 10 mill to spend on free agents. If you are patient you can fill a number of current holes with that space.

At what point do you have to be under the cap? I am not sure. But it is effectively cap space and means we don’t need to count on 9.5 mill for draft picks. You can just cut current players with every draft pick you sign. The total salary cost of that is probably 4-5 mill. So that means we have around 10 mill to spend on free agents. If you are patient you can fill a number of current holes with that space.

As of Wednesday teams have to be under the cap. There was a team who was fined and lost a draft pick for being over.

So technically The Titans can utilize that Space until the rookies are signed to their deals

As of Wednesday teams have to be under the cap. There was a team who was fined and lost a draft pick for being over.

So technically The Titans can utilize that Space until the rookies are signed to their deals

And as they sign the rookies they can simultaneously cut the players they need to to make space.

Well kind of. That’ll work for the back half of the draft class.

Well it actually works from late 2nd round picks on. Late 2nd round picks make about a million. 3rd round picks are in the 800k range. So most of the draft picks will replace players making 800k or so.

These posts that we are broke or do not have the cap to sign are wrong. We rank 10th in cap space with no one yet knowing what Jenkins costs. There are 10 or 11 teams that are over the cap. The dead money does hurt us but the space is there to fit a wr and cb and have plenty for draft picks

These posts that we are broke or do not have the cap to sign are wrong. We rank 10th in cap space with no one yet knowing what Jenkins costs. There are 10 or 11 teams that are over the cap. The dead money does hurt us but the space is there to fit a wr and cb and have plenty for draft picks

Exactly. But we will wait and find deals. Don’t expect us to jump at all the names thrown out on this size. I wouldn’t hold my breath for the next signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back