Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watkins is a BUST considering what he was supposed to be coming out of Clemson. Literally one of the best WR's I've ever seen in college and I've seen some great ones.

He's been great when he's healthy. His hammies must be held together by scotch tape though.

That being said, I'd love to have him on the team if he came cheap enough. My guess is he's looking for at least 5-6 million per, and if we're handing that out, we might as well go with Hilton.

I wonder if Olivier Vernon will be ready to play by the season start. Dude is always a beast and already had 9 sacks when he tore his Achilles last year. If he’s healthy I’d love him as a depth piece pass rusher.

That being said, I’d bet all the matzo balls in Israel that Clowney comes back if he clears his health check in April.

I wonder if Olivier Vernon will be ready to play by the season start. Dude is always a beast and already had 9 sacks when he tore his Achilles last year. If he’s healthy I’d love him as a depth piece pass rusher.

That being said, I’d bet all the matzo balls in Israel that Clowney comes back if he clears his health check in April.
I think one guy recovering from a major injury is enough for me.

I think he will have something to prove and come back motivated. Would love to bring him back for another year next to Jeff and autry

That's not bad idea There are a couple other vets still out there: Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram, Carlos Dunlap, Aldon Smith. Huston would be my choice. They are all older, but technically Aldon Smith should have fresh legs. I can see him making a jump in his second year back playing.

Problem is, I think we're out of money. Still not sure the cap hit on the latest signings. We know the draft will eat up about #9m and JRob likes to keep some cash on hand when the season starts for emergencies. Maaaaybe could sneak in an old vet, but to keep Clowney, he would need to pull a rabbit out of a hat. To be honest, he already kind of did to get Bud Dupree.

Of the names still out there, I'm actually intrigued by Malik Hooker. More talent than production. Injuries have really derailed his career. He's only 25 though and should come cheap. It's a roll of the dice. If we are set on having Amani Hooker start anyway, then we're not really risking much. A few years ago we utilized a 3 safety look a lot, and it was pretty effective. I know Byard is a FS, but I think he has the tools to play closer to the line. If Malik Hooker can rebound his career, even as a role player, we can get very creative with Byard.

Plus... two Hookers is better than one.

That's not bad idea There are a couple other vets still out there: Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram, Carlos Dunlap, Aldon Smith. Huston would be my choice. They are all older, but technically Aldon Smith should have fresh legs. I can see him making a jump in his second year back playing.

Problem is, I think we're out of money. Still not sure the cap hit on the latest signings. We know the draft will eat up about #9m and JRob likes to keep some cash on hand when the season starts for emergencies. Maaaaybe could sneak in an old vet, but to keep Clowney, he would need to pull a rabbit out of a hat. To be honest, he already kind of did to get Bud Dupree.

Of the names still out there, I'm actually intrigued by Malik Hooker. More talent than production. Injuries have really derailed his career. He's only 25 though and should come cheap. It's a roll of the dice. If we are set on having Amani Hooker start anyway, then we're not really risking much. A few years ago we utilized a 3 safety look a lot, and it was pretty effective. I know Byard is a FS, but I think he has the tools to play closer to the line. If Malik Hooker can rebound his career, even as a role player, we can get very creative with Byard.

I’d rather have Keanu Neal but we definitely need a third starting caliber safety with how often we use three safety looks. If Amani replaces Vacarro, who’s gonna replace Amani’s 476 snaps from last year?

I’d rather have Keanu Neal but we definitely need a third starting caliber safety with how often we use three safety looks. If Amani replaces Vacarro, who’s gonna replace Amani’s 476 snaps from last year?

Wish we had made a run at Malik hooker. He could have really been an asset.

That was more out of necessity. We do need a 3rd safety but I expect Amani to play a lot more snaps than Vacarro did last year.

The draft won’t eat up 9 mill of current space. At least half of the nine million to sign draft picks will come from cutting current players counting toward the 51 total, so you really only need 4-5 mill for draft picks.

We have 14.6 million in cap space before Firkser, Adeniyi, Jenkins, Johnson, and Reynolds are factored in. We're likely tapped out unless we plan on making more cuts/restructuring contracts.

Neal signed with Dallas
and was switched to linebacker.

Malik is/should be (if healthy) able to roam over the top. I see Amani and Byard both more as hybrids.

Byard was not great last year as the deep safety. Maybe playing him in a stronger role with better coverage behind him can open things up.

Jury is still out on Cruikshank but supposedly he has 4.41 speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back