Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to him being a restructure candidate? Lol
They must feel Fulton and Hooker are ready to step up...like you said, younger and cheaper

Vaccaro next?

Too many posters on this board acted like restructures were almost a given.

Vaccaro should definitely be cut next. Hooker is ready to replace him.

In addition, I wouldn't be surprised if there are other potential cuts to save cap room (Saffold comes to mind).

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many posters on this board acted like restructures were almost a given.

Vaccaro should definitely be cut next. Hooker is ready to replace him.

In addition, I wouldn't be surprised if there are other potential cuts to save cap room (Saffold comes to mind).
I think, as I’ve said before, that JR is reluctant to kick the can down the road with restructures. At some point, you pay for that piling up of deferred bonus/salary. He might do one, but more likely more cuts coming. I don’t have as much faith in JR’s FA evaluation as he has in himself. Hopefully, he pulls a rabbit out of his hat instead of a Beasley out of his backside.

I think, as I’ve said before, that JR is reluctant to kick the can down the road with restructures. At some point, you pay for that piling up of deferred bonus/salary. He might do one, but more likely more cuts coming. I don’t have as much faith in JR’s FA evaluation as he has in himself. Hopefully, he pulls a rabbit out of his hat instead of a Beasley out of his backside.

Your thought is correct. Robinson has said that he is reluctant to do restructures just as recently as last week.

Titans GM Jon Robinson has not asked any players to restructure yet

“We haven’t gone there yet,” said Robinson. “We’re trying to get a couple of our guys back whose contracts were set to be up. Not to say that we wouldn’t venture down that road, but you’re converting Paragraph 5 money, salary-wise, to signing bonuses and spreading that out over future years and kicking the can down the road a little bit. We’re trying to be mindful of that because, at some point, you’ve got to pay the piper and there are some teams that have done that in the past that are bearing the brunt of that now.”

I think we are going to have to resign some of our own guys because we can’t go into to the draft needing starters at End, Wr, CB, IDL, OLB, TE and expect to find them in a single draft. I hope we secure Davis and Smith and then are able to draft heavily on Defense and maybe 1 pass rusher in FA. Someone like Kerrigan who can hold the fort for a couple of years and not break the bank.

I think we are going to have to resign some of our own guys because we can’t go into to the draft needing starters at End, Wr, CB, IDL, OLB, TE and expect to find them in a single draft. I hope we secure Davis and Smith and then are able to draft heavily on Defense and maybe 1 pass rusher in FA. Someone like Kerrigan who can hold the fort for a couple of years and not break the bank.

There will be tons of free agents this year and due to the salary cap reduction they will be relatively cheap. Maybe one year deals, but we can fill gaps like this with these free agents.

There will be tons of free agents this year and due to the salary cap reduction they will be relatively cheap. Maybe one year deals, but we can fill gaps like this with these free agents.
Some, but not all. And we still don’t know the cap. I think we assume quality players will be available for cheap, but we really don’t know. The new tv deals will certainly impact that. But the way we preach consistency, we need some of our key guys back.

Some, but not all. And we still don’t know the cap. I think we assume quality players will be available for cheap, but we really don’t know. The new tv deals will certainly impact that. But the way we preach consistency, we need some of our key guys back.

It all depends on the cost of our own guys. I am pretty sure price will play a significant role. I doubt we overpay any of them.

The owners are c**ksuckers.

they made the money they need to outright raise the cap at least close to on par with previous years.

this move alone throws another season into wacko world where nothing that happens can be considered normal or even a trend. a literal crap shoot for the season coming up.

TB was able to take advantage of the s**tshow last season, we’ll have to see who can take advantage of it this year.

Butler
Ryan
Saffold
Jones
Vaccaro
These were all FA’s brought in by JRob since being hired and all those guys played good football while here (or still playing good ball)

Misses:
Clowney
Beasley

Let’s not forget the trades for Kelly, Tannehill, and DeMarco Murray too.

He had a rough 2020 but let’s not overreact on his FA additions. They’ve been mostly solid and impactful for this team.

Don’t we get compensated anyway in the way of a comp pick? I’m sure Jonnu will be good for a 3rd.
If Jonnu leaves we probably get a 3rd based on the contract I expect him to sign. Honestly
True that. I mean look at Philly right now, they’re way over the cap with all these high price veteran guys, but because of all their restructures, the dead cap numbers are stupid higher than the cap numbers. That’s an ugly place to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back