Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

At a minimum, titans still have plenty of opportunity to squash your optimism. Weak FA and a bad draft will do it.
I’m pretty bad. I go into every season thinking we can win it all. I’m usually two weeks before we are out of playoff contention before I take off my Vrabel colored glasses.

I'm actually not expecting much next season. Want to see what kind of roster they build for after that.
I don’t know. With all that cap space, we end up with three offensive lineman, two skill position players and an actual nfl offensive game plan……

a boy can dream, can’t he? :banjump:

This is the most excited I have been about off season that I can remember. Can't wait for each step... the staff hires, the FA signings, the draft, training camp, all the way until the season begins. Having all this cap space and the number 7 picks just adds to the anticipation.

I dare to dream! Where we can have Drew hill and Ernest givens and Haywood jefferies and Curtis Duncan and Warren moon! And at the same time! It can happen! I saw it in another state long ago, it was back before the internet, before smart phones and electric cars but I’m telling you youngins it can happen! O backfield of Lorenzo white and Allan Pickett and Alonzo Highsmith where has thou gone?

This is the most excited I have been about off season that I can remember. Can't wait for each step... the staff hires, the FA signings, the draft, training camp, all the way until the season begins. Having all this cap space and the number 7 picks just adds to the anticipation.
I’m excited, but I’m not Eugene Seale house of pain excited.

I dare to dream! Where we can have Drew hill and Ernest givens and Haywood jefferies and Curtis Duncan and Warren moon! And at the same time! It can happen! I saw it in another state long ago, it was back before the internet, before smart phones and electric cars but I’m telling you youngins it can happen! O backfield of Lorenzo white and Allan Pickett and Alonzo Highsmith where has thou gone?
Mike rozier helped get them started
Then when Hill went to a modified run n shoot in ATL, Webster slaughter filled the void.

FA destroyed the oilers

That plan B free agency may very well have taken a Super Bowl away from us!
The only consolation I look back on is that there were really good teams that ended up winning.
Not only was that hills run among the best ever, that cowboys team was no joke.
Washington was also really good. NYG was the misplaced team to me bookended with SF before and after the NFC east went on their tear.

in 2000, I don’t feel that way. 2008, I definitely feel cheated. 2021, another fail bigly.
I’d say 2002 was also a wasted opportunity, maybe 2003 too.

Mike rozier helped get them started
Then when Hill went to a modified run n shoot in ATL, Webster slaughter filled the void.

FA destroyed the oilers
And when I was listing that backfield how did I forget Rozier?

Rozier
Highsmith
Pinkett
White

that's four starters on one roster. I know there is no earl the pearl or king in there. but no matter the stats, that for my money is the deepest backfield from one through four we ever fielded. Just incredible depth. I was happy with any of them on the field. Wish Highsmith would have had a longer tryout, but, man there was a lot of talent there to compete with and just one football.

Outside of two Warren Moon seasons, the Titans have never had a QB pass for over 3,800 yards in franchise history.

Brian Callahan’s QB essentially always pass for 4,000+ yards (Stafford, Carr, Manning, Burrow).
looks like Thomas Brown will be OC and Bill Callahan will be OL coach.
I’m very excited for Will Levis.
Please get this man upgraded OL and WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Titans mindset

End of 2022 season - "This team isn't very good. Next year is going to suck"
After draft - "They need everything and they take the 5th best QB to sit the bench. I may not watch this sheetshow"
Sign Hopkins - "Damn, this could be interesting. It's anyone's division now"
After Houston blowout - "I'm done. Is it Hockey season yet"
After Levis first start - "Dude, did you see that guy? Plenty of time left in the season"
End of 2023 season - "This team isn't very good. Next year is going to suck"
Hires BC - "Sheet, here we go again."

Outside of two Warren Moon seasons, the Titans have never had a QB pass for over 3,800 yards in franchise history.

Brian Callahan’s QB essentially always pass for 4,000+ yards (Stafford, Carr, Manning, Burrow).
Can’t really defend the history but THill had 3819 in 2020.

still really sad comparatively to the league.

Gotta say....this is a departure from what we have seen here since the team moved to Nashville. Whiz was an offensive guy, but I do not remember him having this guy's charisma. The others were either D minded (Fisher, Vrabel), internal hires who weren't ready (Munchak), or retreads (Mularkey).

I am encouraged by what I watched in his opening presser and what I heard in the radio interview. However, I also know that this is his first HC gig....Josh McDaniels and Norv Turner were pretty "hot" when they first became HCs as well, and neither of them had good endings (not quite as bad as Whiz LOL, but bad in their own rights).

This offseason will be fun to watch....hopefully next season will be as well. We will see.

Post of the day! :cigar:

Latest posts

Back