Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

This guy looks good on paper I guess, but then who doesn’t when a new “young gun” gets his first shot as a HC. Odds are more end up busts than not.

I’ll remain cautiously optimistic though. In theory, this could be a great move. I like the direction that they say that they’d like to take us. Can Ran assemble the talent and can Callahan be solid HC.

Time will tell if they can actually accomplish it.

They are always busts if the young guy doesn’t have a QB. This is about Levis. If Levis fails so will BC. It will get them all fired.

Cally was on 102.5 yesterday afternoon and was asked about how the Bengals chose between Penei Sewell and Jamar Chase in the draft. He went into how he learned in Denver the importance of having 3 WRs who could all win one on one battles… then talked about how even though the Titans sacked Burrow 9 times in the playoff game it only took Chase winning a battle for them to make a big play… talked about you need 2 good tackles but more important to have guys on the outside because you can always scheme help for OL protection…

certainly tells me that we will be doing our best to upgrade the WR room this off season.

Cally was on 102.5 yesterday afternoon and was asked about how the Bengals chose between Penei Sewell and Jamar Chase in the draft. He went into how he learned in Denver the importance of having 3 WRs who could all win one on one battles… then talked about how even though the Titans sacked Burrow 9 times in the playoff game it only took Chase winning a battle for them to make a big play… talked about you need 2 good tackles but more important to have guys on the outside because you can always scheme help for OL protection…

certainly tells me that we will be doing our best to upgrade the WR room this off season.

What I’ve read is that BC loves WRs. So our long cold winter of not having a good WR Corp appears to be coming to an end.

If Burks can be saved this is the guy to do it. If he can it’s a bonus.

Except that’s not true. If that’s the actual logic he used, that’s sort of scary.
They beat the titans not because chase made a big play.
If anything, they beat the titans because on 3 occasions a DB made a big play.
Titans had no business losing that game.

What I’ve read is that BC loves WRs. So our long cold winter of not having a good WR Corp appears to be coming to an end.

If Burks can be saved this is the guy to do it. If he can it’s a bonus.

Agree with that....stay tuned for another round of stories this spring and summer about how Burks is really progressing and ready to step out. Hopefully the stories are accurate this time. IMO the Callahan hire may give Burks one more season of rope....

Agree with that....stay tuned for another round of stories this spring and summer about how Burks is really progressing and ready to step out. Hopefully the stories are accurate this time. IMO the Callahan hire may give Burks one more season of rope....

Health is the issue. If Burks can stay healthy I think he has the physical talent to be very good. The kid appears to be a good teammate so if he just gets some help maybe he can blossom. But he has 1 more year IMO to get it right.

Wheezy could start by losing 20+ pounds .... treat the opportunity the Titans gave him with respect and train like a professional
I am hopeful his culture speak is as legitimate as Ime Udoka has been down in Houston. Players for the Rockets this season have had to earn their time or ride the pine.

They are always busts if the young guy doesn’t have a QB. This is about Levis. If Levis fails so will BC. It will get them all fired.
And also Callahans ability to put Levis in a position to succeed, coaching him up and getting the best out of him.

That part I am more optimistic about than if we had stuck with Vrabel for sure. Levis has much better odds of succeeding under BC than Vrabel. BC has proven that he can get the best out his QBs in the past. Let’s hope he can do it one more time!

Callahans comments about WR vs OL lead me to believe we either get a big time free agent WR or go Malik Nabors at 7 (assuming Marvin Harrison is gone).

That would be fun, but we really need the OL help.

Last edited by a moderator:
That 3,819 yard passing season is 3rd best in franchise history behind 2 Warren Moon seasons. Sorry, I rounded
Bears may be the only team worse.
Erik Kramer with 3838 and Jay cutler with 3812 are the highest in franchise history.

jets are close
Namath 4007, Fitzpatrick 3905, OBrien 3888

browns not great
Sipe 4132, Sipe 3876, kosar 3854, Mayfield 3827

Eagles
Carson wentz 4039, McNabb 3916, McNabb 3875, hurts 3858, Cunningham 3808

I will be very disappointed if we take Nabors at 7. We can get WRs deeper in the draft and FA. There are only a handful of UNRESTRICTED FA LTs this season and none are going to be future pro bowlers like we could possibly get with the number 7 pick in the draft.

Latest posts

Back