Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is Trey Lance really worth going after? I only ask because I seriously know nothing about him.
Absolute cannon of an arm, good mobility and was really good at not turning the ball over in college (1INT across 19 games). Now on the flip side he played at North Dakota State so his competition wasn't elite, and he hasn't looked like a world beater when he's touched the field in the NFL (55% completion, 5 TD, 2 INT) although his two starts in 21 were spot starts for a hurt Jimmy G and his 1 full start in 22 was during a monsoon. Sky High ceiling rock bottom floor kind of guy. I'm a big fan but reservations are definitely need.

If someone wants to make a "should we go after trey lance thread", looks like we need it. I dont know how i feel about us going after Trey Lance honestly. They probably will want a decent hull for him and I'd rather not do that. We've all just barely seen him play, heard about the kid like 3 ish years ago and most of us have only seen him play 2 games for the 9ers since his college games weren't really on tv. If it was like for a 3rd this year and 4th next year, sure im all for it.

If someone wants to make a "should we go after trey lance thread", looks like we need it. I dont know how i feel about us going after Trey Lance honestly. They probably will want a decent hull for him and I'd rather not do that. We've all just barely seen him play, heard about the kid like 3 ish years ago and most of us have only seen him play 2 games for the 9ers since his college games weren't really on tv. If it was like for a 3rd this year and 4th next year, sure im all for it.
Personally, I'm against it, unless we can get him cheap (like 3rd round pick or less cheap). The last player we drafted from his college was Radunz and we know how well he transitioned to the league.

I would MUCH rather put all our chips in on the 2024 QB draft class. That class is stacked. If we could somehow swing a trade and land an additional 1st round pick next year to use as trade bait, I'd love to end up with someone like Caleb Williams and be set at QB, HC, and GM for the next 10+ years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm against it, unless we can get him cheap (like 3rd round pick or less cheap). The last player we drafted from his college was Radunz and we know how well he transitioned to the league.

I would MUCH rather put all our chips in on the 2024 QB draft class. That class is stacked. If we could somehow swing a trade and land an additional 1st round pick next year to use as trade bait, I'd love to end up with someone like Caleb Williams and be seat at QB, HC, and GM for the next 10+ years.
Isn't that also where Wentz came from?

9ers traded THREE first round picks for Lance and they may be ok with dumping him for Purdy, the last pick in the draft... That's pretty telling from the team that has had an up close and personal look at what he's capable of.

While Purdy looks pretty good if they had confidence in Lance, Purdy wouldnt be considered for the starting job after a handful of games.

Building our version of 49ers offense

QB: Garopolo/Purdy – Tannehill will do

TE: Kittle – Chig

WR: Deebo – Burks

WR: Aiyuk – Draft Johnston or Addison in 1st

RB: McCaffrey – Henry/Hillard will do

LT: Trent Williams – Bring in Orlando Brown or Bhaktari (if Pack cut him) or another veteran via trade. 49ers got Trent Williams for a 3rd and a 5th. Do that again!

RT: Mike McGlinchy – He’s a UFA, sign him to Titans

Fill in some depth in free agency and the draft.

9ers traded THREE first round picks for Lance and they may be ok with dumping him for Purdy, the last pick in the draft... That's pretty telling from the team that has had an up close and personal look at what he's capable of.

While Purdy looks pretty good if they had confidence in Lance, Purdy wouldnt be considered for the starting job after a handful of games.
Is it safe to say he looks purdy good?

I would MUCH rather put all our chips in on the 2024 QB draft class. That class is stacked. If we could somehow swing a trade and land an additional 1st round pick next year to use as trade bait, I'd love to end up with someone like Caleb Williams and be set at QB, HC, and GM for the next 10+ years.
Maybe if Ran is a helluva salesman we can trade Willis for Lance
Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back