Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former Niner by chance?

Ran: "I know we have Tart and Dequan at NT, but I know just the guy for that role".

Futures contracts are usually just practice squad guys. All but 3 of the 14 futures contracts the Titans did were players already on the practice squad.

Basically just a formality to signing the practice squad guys before the new season begins.

I was against Trey Lance at first. After watching him, I still wouldn’t trade a first for him, a 3rd at most, but he does throw a beautiful ball. I see the potential but far from a sure thing. Reminds me of Kerry Collins, the way he throws it.

I was against Trey Lance at first. After watching him, I still wouldn’t trade a first for him, a 3rd at most, but he does throw a beautiful ball. I see the potential but far from a sure thing. Reminds me of Kerry Collins, the way he throws it.
KFC was a decent QB- comparable to #9 in overall numbers.

I saw where an anonymous GM placed his value at a 3rd. I would swap them Willis for him, but not interested in having two struggling QBs at the same time.

I saw where an anonymous GM placed his value at a 3rd. I would swap them Willis for him, but not interested in having two struggling QBs at the same time.
Not necessarily a fan of this but their trade value is not the same but because Willis actually showed he can’t play and Lance still has “potential” until he plays enough to determine legitimacy or not. Now going from the original hype starting point, Lance has to be considered a higher value.

In general I agree though, not interested in either (Willis or Lance)

Not necessarily a fan of this but their trade value is not the same but because Willis actually showed he can’t play and Lance still has “potential” until he plays enough to determine legitimacy or not. Now going from the original hype starting point, Lance has to be considered a higher value.

In general I agree though, not interested in either (Willis or Lance)
I agree Lance has a higher value. My point is, as he may be valued at a 3rd round pick, I would only trade last years 3rd rounder for him. I would rather invest the 3rd in OL than a slightly better version of Willis.

I agree Lance has a higher value. My point is, as he may be valued at a 3rd round pick, I would only trade last years 3rd rounder for him. I would rather invest the 3rd in OL than a slightly better version of Willis.
This just confirms my thoughts that we need to put OL over the QB right now. They are most likely going to extend or restructure Tanne for 2-3 years. I am waiting to be surprised though in a good or bad way with Ran now running the show.

Willis actually showed he can’t play-

You’re saying that after 3 games in his rookie year behind the worst Oline in football, throwing to the worst WR room in football, while being asked to do very little by the worst offensive coordinator in football.
Willis could become the next Mahomes for all we know at this point.

You’re saying that after 3 games in his rookie year behind the worst Oline in football, throwing to the worst WR room in football, while being asked to do very little by the worst offensive coordinator in football.
I think Willis could be really good with the raw talent he has. It just depends on how much in resources the Titans want to put into him or him into himself.

If the plan is to draft QB round 1, the Lions pick at 6 looks like the most likely spot to trade up to. According to the value chart, a trade could look something like this:

Titans get 6, and 192.

Lions get 11, 72, and 2024 2nd round pick.

Additionally, we're in a good spot where if we decided to stick with Tanne or sign Brady, a QB needy team behind us like Washington or Tampa Bay would be prime candidates to trade back with.

Either way, I would like to see something bold here. Either trade down and get more picks or trade up and get the QB you really want.

all my moolah says mw7 will never even be allowed to sniff mahomes jock strap

I think Willis could be really good with the raw talent he has. It just depends on how much in resources the Titans want to put into him or him into himself.
mw7 seemed quite content to just be on the field stinking the place up

quite pleased with himself just for being there

I think Willis is a very long way from”getting it”. When you can pull a journeyman QB off Detroit’s practice squad and he does much better with the same OL and weak WR, then you know he isn’t even close.

Did he “throw”?

lots of running around and if he threw, it really wasn’t to anyone.
Willis is bad, like really bad. OL was a problem, I think WR are blown out of proportion how bad they were, but even when he wasn’t going to throw, he didn’t go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back