Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to restructure Julio's contract. His contract is fully guaranteed.
He would have to value not being in Atlanta over guaranteed money. I would take the guarantee personally. Of course, if he believes he stands a better chance of winning a ring elsewhere, that could do it too, but don’t see the Patriots being that close yet.

My biggest knock on Firkser is the RAC. That needs to improve a fair amount.

When compared to Smith it might be hard to find a guy that good. Smith has special speed. As for YPC they are close.

Now this issue about blocking is perplexing since they both have identical PFF rankings as run blockers. Not to mention there is this oddity that Smith is considered a real good blocker and he wasn't. Smith was good enough he wasn't a liability but Firkser can basically handle that role. Plus Swain will be the run blocker with Firkser more of the pass catcher anyway.

Bottom line is Firkser is capable of being starter material. Blocks good enough and is above average at getting open and catching the ball. His hands are better than Smith. And no, we don't need to find someone with more name recognition to satisfy the fans, to pay more money. Let the UDFAs and a few cheap vets fight it out for the 3rd spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we could get 20 mil in cap space, you would think we could become a favorite to land Julio

Put the NE, Baltimore, Indy talk to rest

I just saw something interesting, Rashad Evans and a 3 for Julio? What do you all think about that? Still not sure the money would ever work but I would be down with that!

Where do I sign? That's highway robbery IMO (in our favor).

PK was saying last week on their show that if the Titans restructured Tannehill it would save $20 million this season. We are in a window right now where we could potentially make a Superbowl if we add another piece or two. Julio may put us over the top. Why hasn't this been done already?

This hasn't been done because the Falcons have to wait till after June 1 to move him or they take on a huge cap hit

Titans wouldn't want to restructure Ryan's contract before 1st of June because that'll show what they're doing. Would be restructure contract straight on the phone to atlanta saying give us Julio.

Freeing 20 mil on tanniehills contract is all in super bowl run. Problem would be how bad is the repurcussions for the following 2-3 seasons.

Then if we don't win jrob probs loses his Job after we have to cut tons to free up cap space. I.e atlanta and I wanna say eagles but they're just pish.

Freeing 20 mil on tanniehills contract is all in super bowl run. Problem would be how bad is the repurcussions for the following 2-3 seasons.

Then if we don't win jrob probs loses his Job after we have to cut tons to free up cap space. I.e atlanta and I wanna say eagles but they're just pish.

With the cap due to increase substantially in 2022, that may not be such a worry. We have 176 million committed to 2022. Just reported today that the NFL cap will be 208 million next year, so a move like this would still leave around 10-15 million in cap space before any cuts/restructures next off-season. I think we can safely say that Saffold won't return in 2022 short of an All-pro type of season. Lamm might also be out the door. That's another 14 million in freed up space between those two. We'll need to make a decision on a 30 year old Lewan as well, either to cut him/restructure/extend him. I think he'll probably get the axe unless he agrees to restructure.

So potentially 30-40 million in cap space even with a Julio deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back