Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe I stayed up in the UK to see it end like that. What an unwatchable ending to an unwatchable season.

Once again just 3 second half points & go all conservative when play action / passing game was working early. Then 2 late turnovers to negate our D stepping up at the end..

A vintage Titans implosion. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Exhausting.

Bare minimum, play calling duties should
Have been removed from downing.
That should have been very publicly stated too.

I don't think it truly matters who calls the plays in this offense. Running the amount they did on first down is all Vrabel. Three straight seasoning ending games and it's the same gameplan. Run Henry into brick walls.

In five seasons he has proven that he is basically Fisher 2.0 on offense. The Titans should be announcing on Monday that the entire offensive coaching staff has been fired. Sadly, it would not surprise me if Vrabel keeps downing and co. and blames injuries exclusively.

God awful issues (reason):

- 2nd half debacle (head coach)
- Terrible OC (OC & head coach)
- Run it up the middle on 1st down (OC)
- No Henry on 3rd downs (OC)
- 1 descent receiver (GM)
- Complete crap o-line (GM)
- No depth (GM)
- No money for next year (GM)

I can't decide if or how much Henry has declined, or if it is that the line is so bad.
I'm having a hard time jumping on the Dobbs bashing bandwagon.....obviously we see why he was a practice squad guy but he did ok considering he walked in and had $h1t for protection. Much better than anything Willis could have done.

It's about to be a LONG couple of years coming up.

- No depth (GM)

I can't decide if or how much Henry has declined, or if it is that the line is so bad.
I'm having a hard time jumping on the Dobbs bashing bandwagon.....obviously we see why he was a practice squad guy but he did ok considering he walked in and had $h1t for protection. Much better than anything Willis could have done.

If They cut Tanny post June 1st it would free up 26 million I believe and letting lewan go, Dupree, maybe a few others they would have some free cash. Sadly I don’t think they can afford to let Tannehill go. We gotta pray the new GM can draft

Glad they lost. The titans need a high draft pick and they need to clean house. The titans have so many needs to fill at this point. The titans need to rebuild the offensive line, they need wide receivers (a burner), they need a qb and generally need depth. This is going to be a long process.

The O-line was over-powered nearly at each position most of the game and season.. You can't Run or Pass when you cant block. Sure, blame the Coordinator when the team dictates (Run 1st offense and doesn't address the line)
man please, JRob has provided Keith Carter with about 25 lineman and the guy has not developed a single one of them. Lewan has regressed each season. Saffold came in and fell off like a rock. All the draft picks have been busts. Now you can blame all 25 players on JRob, or you can look at the idiot that hasnt developed a single player and has regressed every single player.

Unless you are Barry Sanders, getting hit in the backfield on most of your runs is not going to bode well for any RB. Henry still has another 4-5 productive years in him. He is a different dude that most RBs. We literally had a rookie RT and 2nd or 3rd stringers for the rest of the line tonight and he still ran for almost 100 with a 34 yarder called back. He hasn't lost the juice we just have one of the worst OL and OCs in the NFL that does not know how to use him as a decoy whatsoever.

- No depth (GM)

You can't argue that WR isn't on of biggest holes on this team. If you don't draft these players high then unlikely to get a stud to be honest. Most star WRs were picked in the top 2 rounds.
I can argue that 2 1sts have been used on WR in the last 6 years and another 2nd at least.
One is still here. That investment has been made. If any team needs 2 1st round WR, they suck at FA and and must pass A LOT. Titans don’t.

- No depth (GM)

So the 5 year O-line coach has nothing to do with the o-line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back