Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media will tell you that Vrabel is a GREAT HC and the next Bill Cowher.
Vrabel is a great head coach. This team always fights until the very end and that wasn’t the case under previous coaches in case you forgot, but unfortunately he knows he is. His arrogance will be his undoing. His “promote from within” philosophy with his assistants is a disaster. As far as having a head coach simply leading the team, making decisions on game day, not a guy in the NFL I would rather have.

Flawless? Lol we have had the same complaints about this offense that we had with Art.

Atlanta’s pass catchers are better than what we put out there today. Injuries have been a real killer so far this year. Y’all just need to relax. This loss stings but take a deep breath.

If I recall, you showed panic during the game thread..

Finally came down off your meth?

lawd-have-mercy.gif

The Jets!?

He just did the exact gameplan he does with those guys and to no one’s surprise, it worked out less than it normally does, which isn’t even that good to begin with, especially on D.
I’m strictly talking about not having key players on the field — not the game plan.

Offensively, I think we saw a good Jets D stack it in to stop Henry which meant Tanny needed to hit some passes downfield. The OL couldn’t protect and I didn’t see a lot open.

I can’t blame Downing too much except for the stupid 3rd-and-2s he pulls Henry out. Either of those two drives end up being a TD instead of FG and I think the Titans win easily.

On defense, I’ll never understand seven yards of cushion on 3rd-and-5. I’ll never understand not blitzing a rookie QB non-stop. Dupree helps but a lot of my issues are Vrabel’s scheme, in general.

Maybe we should pull up some old quotes from 1982 last year when we lost a game and what he had to say about the “flawless” Arthur Smith offense :biglaugh:

It’s the same song and dance every week on here for him. When we win it’s super bowl bound and when we lose it’s fire everyone.

Vrabel is a great head coach. This team always fights until the very end and that wasn’t the case under previous coaches in case you forgot, but unfortunately he knows he is. His arrogance will be his undoing. His “promote from within” philosophy with his assistants is a disaster. As far as having a head coach simply leading the team, making decisions on game day, not a guy in the NFL I would rather have.

Vrabel would be a GOAT if he would've picked better coordinators.

This team should be 4-0. There's no way in hell we should be 2-2. We have too much talent to be playing this bad.

I just know Tanny is about to get sacked or overthrow his WR/TE. If I know that sitting from my couch, what do you think an NFL defensive coordinator thinks? This offense is so bad and predictable.

I think you point out his positives well.
You’re right, the team seems to fight for him including late in games.

My issue, is it’s him that causes the need for late game heroics with his Defense. He’s in love with the secondary playing way off regardless of situation for starters.

For his decision making, it’s questionable a lot. I like that he’s willing to go riverboat Ron from time to time, but other times he goes full schottenheimer and pu$$es out completely.
The 4 & 2 against Baltimore in the playoffs last year and the 4 and 1 FG attempt earlier this year.
There are a handful of HC I’d rather have but I think there’s worse HC too. Again, if he hires a real DC and let’s them actually run a different D, his standing with me goes up a lot.

Maybe we should pull up some old quotes from 1982 last year when we lost a game and what he had to say about the “flawless” Arthur Smith offense :biglaugh:

It’s the same song and dance every week on here for him. When we win it’s super bowl bound and when we lose it’s fire everyone.

Go for it.

Vrabel would be a GOAT if he would've picked better coordinators.

This team should be 4-0. There's no way in hell we should be 2-2. We have too much talent to be playing this bad.

I just know Tanny is about to get sacked or overthrow his WR/TE. If I know that sitting from my couch, what do you think an NFL defensive coordinator thinks? This offense is so bad and predictable.

I agree. Downing runs the RRS offense. Run, run, sack.

I'll wait..

I've always loved this offense under Art Smith..

Now the terrible defense is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back