Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancel culture doesn’t exist.

The defense could get younger or they could bring in some whiley veterans. I’m super curious to see what happens in the coming days :)

It doesn't exist? You must not live in America lol

And yes, some exciting times ahead of us. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we sign Carl Lawson(possibly Van Noy), while resigning Johnnu and Corey. I hate to see Jayon go, but unless we cut ben Jones I don't see us keeping him, and I'm not sure cutting ben Jones is worth it considering we'd have to replace him and no veteran will be better than him for that 6 million we'd be saving. Therefore wed probably have to rely on a rookie to take his place and I'm not real big into that idea at the moment. Plus, David Long played pretty well for a 2nd year player. Could do a lot worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't exist? You must not live in America lol
Public opinion has been around since the dawn of civilization. Just because some people don’t want to be held accountable for their actions and cry “cancel culture” to deflect from their own actions, doesn’t make it anything new. I’m curious who you think has been “cancelled”. I’m sure they’re doing just fine even if some parts of the public don’t like them anymore. This has always happened and WILL always happen.

Public opinion has been around since the dawn of civilization. Just because some people don’t want to be held accountable for their actions and cry “cancel culture” to deflect from their own actions, doesn’t make it anything new. I’m curious who you think has been “cancelled”. I’m sure they’re doing just fine even if some parts of the public don’t like them anymore. This has always happened and WILL always happen.

Yes. Public opinion has always existed.

What hasn't always existed is social media. And it allows a tiny minority of the public to put lots of pressure on corporations or agencies to cancel things that the vast majority of society have no objection to.

Yes. Public opinion has always existed.

What hasn't always existed is social media. And it allows a tiny minority of the public to put lots of pressure on corporations or agencies to cancel things that the vast majority of society have no objection to.

Very well put. Now let's get back to football before things get any more weird and GoT shows up.

I heard we're signing bud depree, kyle van noy, carl Lawson and letting all our free agents walk! Lol

Why do we want a guy that has 23 sacks in 7 years and wants $12mil a year in Van Noy?

He may want 12 mil a year. No way he's getting that after being cut by the dolphins lol that was a bad joke by the way. I personally think we'll go after a younger guy like leonard floyd or Carl Lawson. Van noy definitely not out of the question though. Just have to wait and see what the market is like for these guys. I'm guessing we will try to keep it around 10 million per season so we can have enough room to sign corey and Johnnu

He may want 12 mil a year. No way he's getting that after being cut by the dolphins lol that was a bad joke by the way. I personally think we'll go after a younger guy like leonard floyd or Carl Lawson. Van noy definitely not out of the question though. Just have to wait and see what the market is like for these guys. I'm guessing we will try to keep it around 10 million per season so we can have enough room to sign corey and Johnnu

Floyd scares me. Dudes that tear it up on the Rams with Donald and Ramsey don't seem to transition well to other teams - Littleton, Fowler last year.

I like Lawson, though I don't think he has played a lot of stand up ball.

Floyd scares me. Dudes that tear it up on the Rams with Donald and Ramsey don't seem to transition well to other teams - Littleton, Fowler last year.

I like Lawson, though I don't think he has played a lot of stand up ball.

You're probably right about floyd. I didn't realize he had regressed every year in Chicago. That's pretty bad. Honestly I wouldn't be mad or surprised if we brought back clowney. If he's cheaper than lawson I could see it happening. He owes us one after robbing us last season. Romeo Okwara is another intriguing guy. 10 sacks on that terrible lions defense is pretty impressive. I'm sure tannehill would like to see him as a titan after that hit he gave him to cause a safety last season.

We also need a dlineman really, really badly. Wonder how cheap we can sign daquon for. I wouldn't be mad at a derek wolfe signing for cheap either. I remember wanting him way back in 2012 when he came out. That's one of the few picks I wouldn't have been completely wrong about lol. Hes been pretty damn good throughout his career.

You're probably right about floyd. I didn't realize he had regressed every year in Chicago. That's pretty bad. Honestly I wouldn't be mad or surprised if we brought back clowney. If he's cheaper than lawson I could see it happening. He owes us one after robbing us last season.

We also need a dlineman really, really badly. Wonder how cheap we can sign daquon for.
Daquan gave us no interior pass rush. Something we desperately need. I’d be stoked if we were able to get Barmore in the draft, but I think he’ll be gone by 22. Interior pass rushers are hard to come by.

Daquan gave us no interior pass rush. Something we desperately need. I’d be stoked if we were able to get Barmore in the draft, but I think he’ll be gone by 22. Interior pass rushers are hard to come by.

Never been a huge fan of daquon either, but hes turned into a pretty good run stuffer for us. We'll see how the market plays out though.

Jones fit a role and played well in that role. But I agree we need more

I've Barmore mocked to us in quite a few drafts...he would be good with Simmons

It’s almost 3am here but I’ll just say that Gina Carano didn’t lose her career for being a Trump supporter. She lost ONE JOB at family friendly Disney for publicly comparing the “plight” of Republicans to Jews during the Holocaust. Come on man. She offended millions of people and when she was held accountable she cried cancel culture as an excuse and a deflection. No ones impinging on her free speech. She can say whatever she wants, but people have a right to react to it.
Where was this when The anthem kneelers first started. I remember saying let them do it but let the owners fire them for it. But everyone was crying “freedom of speech!” Why isn’t Gina protected under the same standards? Fire her, and the whole lot of kneelers should be fired too.

Show me the money, then we'll talk lol.

And just because I said I wanted DK metcalf over aj doesn't mean I think aj was a bad pick. He was a steal in the 2nd round. I was extremely pleased with the pick. I would've probably been mad if he would've been our first pick, but I would've been wrong about that. He would've been worth the 1st as well.

Still... Hard to say DK wouldn't have been just as good of a pick while also giving us the deep threat that we need.

Dude lol.... you literally posted in a thread called “who don’t you want the titans to draft” and said “AJ Brown. We don’t need another possession WR”.

Where was this when The anthem kneelers first started. I remember saying let them do it but let the owners fire them for it. But everyone was crying “freedom of speech!” Why isn’t Gina protected under the same standards? Fire her, and the whole lot of kneelers should be fired too.

Careful bud, you're on thin ice, some of these users might smash that "ignore Doc button" if you keep using logic and rationale in your words.

Careful bud, you're on thin ice, some of these users might smash that "ignore Doc button" if you keep using logic and rationale in your words.
The two aren’t even remotely close. Ridiculous to compare them. Oh, and Kapernick WAS “cancelled” by your definition.

The two aren’t even remotely close. Ridiculous to compare them. Oh, and Kapernick WAS “cancelled” by your definition.

Didn't agree with that either. Kap has every right to be an ignorant fool even if it's dividing the shit out of our country even further and not accomplishing anything lol shouldn't have lost his job. But I agree that it's different. The NFL was actually going to lose money because people were protesting watching the games because of it. Disney wasn't going to lose any viewers at all. People who loved the mandalorian wouldn't dare cancel their subscription because of caranos tweets. That show is too bad ass, now they've probably lost a third of their subscribers. Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back