Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you want to play WR for this team? Especially in last year's state?

I get that part - but let’s not act like he’s in his prime and would be putting up pro bowl numbers elsewhere . Yes the Titans are about as bad as you can go to a WR-organization but he’s not going to ball out elsewhere

Projections show that the Titans should have north of $90 million in cap space in 2024. We may have to take it on the chin this year and just deal with the mess J-Rob left us in. But that may actually play to our favor - it's a strong QB class next year (much better than this year), plus $90 million to work with to build your team and we could see a quick turn-around.

EDIT: Correction - $122 million in cap space for 2024.

They could trade away a ton of draft capital and rely on FA next year if they get froggy about a QB this year. Really don’t see that happening though.

I get that part - but let’s not act like he’s in his prime and would be putting up pro bowl numbers elsewhere . Yes the Titans are about as bad as you can go to a WR-organization but he’s not going to ball out elsewhere

Dont get me wrong. He wasn't good but the whole offense sucked, for the most part. He had around .5 yard of separation average (edit: .67)

No WR did anything last year. I'd want out too even if I sucked

How we pay Simmons 25+ million is beyond me. We have too many holes to commit that much to one player at his position.
Not sure where the problem is? We're going to have a boat load of cap space in 2024 and likely won't have a QB to pay. I'd say we're in a great spot to pay him.

He's already counting $10M against the cap this year. You'd just give him an extension on his current deal so his cap number wouldn't change for this year, and have his big cap hits start coming in next year when we have more than enough cap space for him and anyone else we want to sign.

Not sure where the problem is? We're going to have a boat load of cap space in 2024 and likely won't have a QB to pay. I'd say we're in a great spot to pay him.

He's already counting $10M against the cap this year. You'd just give him an extension on his current deal so his cap number wouldn't change for this year, and have his big cap hits start coming in next year when we have more than enough cap space for him and anyone else we want to sign.
If/when Simmons signs a new contract I bet his cap hit this year is LESS than $10mil. Save us more money.

Ran will be in really good position to show what he's got. But it's a little tricky. Decent first round picks this year plus next year having a huge amount of cap to work with.

The question is, what does he do at QB? Tannehill likely wins enough not to be drafting high if he can get a team around him.... Going with Willis would be an obvious tank job and hoping to acquire a high first round QB next year.

Maybe there's a QB they're in love with this year and trade up? Build around the new QB next year...

Obviously Tannehill isn't the long term solution but when do you make the switch?

Ran will be in really good position to show what he's got. But it's a little tricky. Decent first round picks this year plus next year having a huge amount of cap to work with.

The question is, what does he do at QB? Tannehill likely wins enough not to be drafting high if he can get a team around him.... Going with Willis would be an obvious tank job and hoping to acquire a high first round QB next year.

Maybe there's a QB they're in love with this year and trade up? Build around the new QB next year...

Obviously Tannehill isn't the long term solution but when do you make the switch?
I know they were the first to interview Hooker at the Senior Bowl. Clearly he isn’t going in the first and they may think he has a high ceiling. Cutting Tannehill doesn’t help much this year as you are still on the hook for a decent portion of his salary plus you have to pay another QB. I think reworking his deal for two years makes the most sense with a decent transition QB in the wings. I am not all that familiar with Hooker other than to know about his injury and that his stats were really good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back