Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they were the first to interview Hooker at the Senior Bowl. Clearly he isn’t going in the first and they may think he has a high ceiling. Cutting Tannehill doesn’t help much this year as you are still on the hook for a decent portion of his salary plus you have to pay another QB. I think reworking his deal for two years makes the most sense with a decent transition QB in the wings. I am not all that familiar with Hooker other than to know about his injury and that his stats were really good this year.

Hooker could be an interesting prospect. High completion percentage and didnt turn the ball over much at all and wasn't a run first QB (from what I've watched of him). I don't know how highly he's thought of in the NFL world etc, but he's gotta be better than Willis. Lol

I agree with rolling with Tannehill but at the same time at some point in the next few seasons, there has to be a plan to move on and swing for a great young QB.

Having a cheap QB to build around gives you a 3-4-5 year window if all goes well.

They are going to have to clear a lot more than this to even put together a team. Going to be a rough season I’m guessing. Might be smart to tank for #1. I’ll trade one bad season for 15 great ones with a star QB.
It’s never smart to tank period yet alone to try for #1.

Hooker could be an interesting prospect. High completion percentage and didnt turn the ball over much at all and wasn't a run first QB (from what I've watched of him). I don't know how highly he's thought of in the NFL world etc, but he's gotta be better than Willis. Lol

I agree with rolling with Tannehill but at the same time at some point in the next few seasons, there has to be a plan to move on and swing for a great young QB.

Having a cheap QB to build around gives you a 3-4-5 year window if all goes well.

But, he's injured...... I've seen too many failed 'stabs' on injured draft players the last 7 years to be able to ride through one more....... Unless we can get him in the 3rd.

But, he's injured...... I've seen too many failed 'stabs' on injured draft players the last 7 years to be able to ride through one more....... Unless we can get him in the 3rd.
Yup! 100% As stoked as I was for Farley, it’s done cakes for me now. Big Jeff worked out, but the misses are for sure pretty real bad.

The ACL tear will drop him down in the draft. Again, I have no idea where he would be projected even before injury etc... I was just saying he'd be a better non first round project than Willis if the plan is to get a QB this year and keep Tannehill around.

The ACL tear will drop him down in the draft. Again, I have no idea where he would be projected even before injury etc... I was just saying he'd be a better non first round project than Willis if the plan is to get a QB this year and keep Tannehill around.
Think we address QB next year. Pretty much tied to Tammy and need to spend seriously in protection. Can’t set a newbie up for failure.

I’m a Vandy fan not a UT homer…. Hooker has completed over 60% of his throws every yr in college…even at Va Tech so his accuracy isn’t just a UT scheme thing.

You draft him this yr and put him in IR so that he doesn’t take up a roster spot… he sits and learns and heals up and then you re-evaluate the qb spot in 2024.

I’m a Vandy fan not a UT homer…. Hooker has completed over 60% of his throws every yr in college…even at Va Tech so his accuracy isn’t just a UT scheme thing.

You draft him this yr and put him in IR so that he doesn’t take up a roster spot… he sits and learns and heals up and then you re-evaluate the qb spot in 2024.
Damn near 70% completion last season. I like that he's not a run first QB.

I wouldn't be mad if that happened, honestly. Question is, how high would he go in the draft and where would the Titans be comfortable taking a QB they know won't play for a year at least?

Never really thought too much in to drafting Hooker until he was brought up here. Looking at his stats and watching him play a few times, I don't hate the idea though.

The timing of these cuts suggests that we may start re-signing some of our UFA and RFA players this week before free agency begins. Obvious candidates include Nate Davis, Long Jr, Tart, Hooper, Morgan Cox, Demarcus Walker, Hilliard and a possible new deal for Big Jeff which we’d all love to see. Some depth guys I could see possibly returning are Dylan Cole, NWI, Corey Levin, Brewer and Mario Edwards.
I could also see Ran bringing absolutely none of these players back and instead building an all new roster to his specs.

I would assume Dupree is next, even though it is a dead money hit, he just has not been worth the money. Jamarco Jones is a couple of million and has he ever played a down as a Titan?

Taylor Lewan has missed 34 of last 66 games
Robert Woods averaged 9.9 yards/catch, had 2 TDs
Zach Cunningham played in 6 games
Randy Bullock was 3 for 6 from 47+

saved $37.9M
Didn’t contracts years ago stipulate deductions of money for games missed
I suppose it’s hard to make rules that’s fair to everyone

Didn’t contracts years ago stipulate deductions of money for games missed
I suppose it’s hard to make rules that’s fair to everyone

Over 50% of the cap was on IR last year.

It does feel like something could be done to give teams cap space back to sign up replacements, as it got to a point last year where contracts had to be re-worked just to find the cap space to sign a guy off the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back