Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see players using garbage bags to carry their own crap at end of season all the time
The story is being reported by mainstream media as fact now. Notably absent from the list of places repeating it is Pro Football Talk, so I've a feeling that it is Lewan's idea of a prank like Aqutis30 stated.

If so, Sept was the last we'll see of him on the field in Titans blue and maybe the NFL entirely.

The story is being reported by mainstream media as fact now. Notably absent from the list of places repeating it is Pro Football Talk, so I've a feeling that it is Lewan's idea of a prank like Aqutis30 stated.

If so, Sept was the last we'll see of him on the field in Titans blue and maybe the NFL entirely.

I am pretty sure he'll end up announcing his retirement on his bussin show sometime this off-season, just based on what we know of this dude

Lewan is too busy being a personality than being a football player. He had a good run but he can no longer make it solely on natural ability any longer and he clearly isn’t interested in proving he still has the fire.

Lewan is too busy being a personality than being a football player. He had a good run but he can no longer make it solely on natural ability any longer and he clearly isn’t interested in proving he still has the fire.
Didn't someone say he is down to 270 somethingish pounds too? Can't play OL at that weight. Look at Brewer getting thrown around at 275.

I may be wrong but as I understand it they just need to wait until the 2023 season officially starts then he's more likely to be cut then.
They could announce him being cut right now, they just couldn't file the official paperwork until the new league year. The Giants just did that with Kenny Golladay. There's nothing stopping the team from making the announcement if they were planning on doing it. I'm wondering if they're trying to work him in as part of a trade.
We can designate him as a post June 1 cut and only have 4.5 million in dead money. You likely aren't going to restructure better than that. And if you do, you are just kicking the can to next year.
Yes, but then that would mean his cap savings wouldn't come available until after June 1. That would do us no good in the initial FA window, which is when we need cap savings.

The only way a post June 1 designation would make any sense, is if we included him as part of a trade for Deandre Hopkins. The teams could designate it as a post June 1 trade, and both would save dead money.

They could announce him being cut right now, they just couldn't file the official paperwork until the new league year. The Giants just did that with Kenny Golladay. There's nothing stopping the team from making the announcement if they were planning on doing it. I'm wondering if they're trying to work him in as part of a trade.

Yes, but then that would mean his cap savings wouldn't come available until after June 1. That would do us no good in the initial FA window, which is when we need cap savings.

The only way a post June 1 designation would make any sense, is if we included him as part of a trade for Deandre Hopkins. The teams could designate it as a post June 1 trade, and both would save dead money.
Wishful thinking but can't imagine busted Dupree has much of a market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back