Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, he's injured...... I've seen too many failed 'stabs' on injured draft players the last 7 years to be able to ride through one more....... Unless we can get him in the 3rd.
I hear this a lot, but aside from Farley and Simmons, who did we take that had injury concerns coming out of college?

Looking at the past 4 draft classes, there don't seem to be any stand out years where he took big risks on several players coming off injuries:
  • 2022 - None that I can tell
  • 2021 - Farley was a big risk. No one else had major college injury concerns
  • 2020 - Wilson was a bum and a bust, but not an injury risk. The rest of that class were healthy their whole college careers.
  • 2019 - Simmons was a risk, but it worked out big time. Even AJ never missed a game in college.
So I'm just not sure where this idea that JRob took a bunch of guys that had known injuries. On the two he did take a risk, he was 50/50 - and one was a huge success.

I hear this a lot, but aside from Farley and Simmons, who did we take that had injury concerns coming out of college?

Looking at the past 4 draft classes, there don't seem to be any stand out years where he took big risks on several players coming off injuries:
  • 2020 - Wilson was a bum and a bust, but not an injury risk. The rest of that class were healthy their whole college careers.
  • 2019 - Simmons was a risk, but it worked out big time. Even AJ never missed a game in college.
So I'm just not sure where this idea that JRob took a bunch of guys that had known injuries. On the two he did take a risk, he was 50/50 - and one was a huge success.
Not drafts picks but signing bud off a torn ACL and trading for woods also off a torn ACL.

Already mentioned, but I was going to say consider the FA signings as well.

Not a fan of cutting Dupree unless you really think his health issues are going to be a persistent problem. You can save as much cap space by just doing a straight restructure of his contract.

I want to see Landry, Autry, Simmons, and Dupree get after it.

Not a fan of cutting Dupree unless you really think his health issues are going to be a persistent problem. You can save as much cap space by just doing a straight restructure of his contract.

I think we all do, but Bud straight up pussed out last year and I mean pussed out. You just don't want guys like that on your team at all.

We can designate him as a post June 1 cut and only have 4.5 million in dead money. You likely aren't going to restructure better than that. And if you do, you are just kicking the can to next year.

I get the feeling that Dupree will have nagging knee issues due to age/previous injuries. I also get the feeling that Dupree is more content collecting a paycheck rather than pushing himself through injuries or taking the necessary self care to help avoid injuries. Maybe that's not fair to Dupree, but given Vrabel's comments a few weeks ago, I feel that's probably the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

And that's the larger part of the issue...

We already need a LT, LG, WR, QB, ILB, and probably another CB..... no reason to cram an edge in there....

I think we all do, but Bud straight up pussed out last year and I mean pussed out. You just don't want guys like that on your team at all.
507484b6-ae07-47ff-b1ab-9dcf415051b4-USP_NFL__AFC_Divisional_Round-Cincinnati_Bengals_a_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back