Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was assured Tanne still had it. I was assured if we got him weapons he'd be back to playing like he did in 2020. I was assured QB was the last thing we needed this past draft....

This game was not surprising to anyone except Tanne fanboys.

I'm sure those 8 throws were the difference in play today... smh

Tannehill
16-34 198 yards, 0TD, 3INT 47.1%

Carr
23-33 305 yards, 1TD, 1INT 69.7%

Dismiss it all you want, the point is that one QB looked ready to play today, the other didn't. And the one that DID look ready was starting for a brand new team surrounded by brand new teammates in a brand new environment. The other one was Ryan Tannehill.

Honestly. New o line coach, 5 new starters 4 new players on online - still terrible. Tanny and his wrs still not on same page, still taking henry out for long periods of time, even though he was our only offensive bright spot majority of the game. We all knew we'd promote from within at oc, and once again that was a mistake

Play calling was not really the issue (even though I don't think it was amazing play calling or anything). The issue was a QB who completed less than 50% of his passes and threw 3 int's (could have easily been 5 INT's).

That was an awful spectacle to watch. Offense was just atrocious. Worst I can remember seeing Tannehill play too.

The D did so well but it was inevitable that they would fold at the end too.

I was assured Tanne still had it. I was assured if we got him weapons he'd be back to playing like he did in 2020. I was assured QB was the last thing we needed this past draft....

This game was not surprising to anyone except Tanne fanboys.
If you could quote anyone that said those things, that’d be great.
Otherwise you’re arguing against imaginary sayings. Pretty sure you are.

Tannehill

Carr

Dismiss it all you want, the point is that one QB looked ready to play today, the other didn't. And the one that DID look ready was starting for a brand new team surrounded by brand new teammates in a brand new environment. The other one was Ryan Tannehill.

Slam dunk comment. And I’m the moron in a Tannehill jersey ready to place it in a garbage can and light it up.

Tannehill

Carr

I’d like to keep context added as well.
Titans secondary, crap. Smart move to pass.
NO secondary, their strength, smart move would have been to keep running.

doesn’t excuse THill at all, but a stat line alone doesn’t really tell the entire story.

We are witnessing the same kind of QB play that got Mariota replaced by Tanny.

I remember being SOOO frustrated with Mariota missing wide open RBs in the flat by 10+ yard over-throws, and was telling anyone who would listen that if we just had a COMPETENT QB that we would be dangerous. They inserted a competent QB and we shot off. But that's all Tanny EVER was, even at his highest level, competent. Now we fast forward several years to a team with massive holes and a less than competent QB, and I'm genuinely shocked that anyone else is the slightest bit surprised by this.

I dunno what the heck we’re gonna do but this was not a promising look for the future offensively.

What happened to all the banter and grins the podium from these guys on how the tempo was so much higher and all the giddy crap we heard about this new offense. Other than having Spears on the field a lot saw nothing but same old stuff.

Slam dunk comment. And I’m the moron in a Tannehill jersey ready to place it in a garbage can and light it up.

Don't do that. Tanny had some great moments as a Titan and years from now you'll happen upon his jersey in your closet and remember those moments fondly. Plus, I'm sure it wasn't cheap and I hate the idea of wasting $$$s...

doesn’t excuse THill at all, but a stat line alone doesn’t really tell the entire story.

The point is Tanny looked like 3 steps behind all game. No movement, no fire. Looked like the same guy we saw last season before he went out with the injury.

Context does matter, I completely agree, but it was neither the Titans OR the Saints secondary that caused Tanny to overthrow 2 wide open receivers, taking potentially 2 touchdowns off the board.

Don't do that. Tanny had some great moments as a Titan and years from now you'll happen upon his jersey in your closet and remember those moments fondly. Plus, I'm sure it wasn't cheap and I hate the idea of wasting $$$s...

I may be mad right now; I get that. But bruh, I did not imagine the bad throws into double coverage.

There are plenty of receipts. Pretty sure you were one of those guys.
Definitely not.

but let’s make sure we got your talking points straight you said:
“I was assured Tanne still had it.”
-subjective on what “it” is, but I’ll sign that. I did say he was still capable.

“I was assured if we got him weapons he'd be back to playing like he did in 2020.”
-not sure who said this, but given some weapons, reasonable to assume we see a safer version. He only threw 7 INTs that year.

“I was assured QB was the last thing we needed this past draft”
-was this even about THill for the people who said they didn’t want to see them take a QB? Plenty argued against the options of QB to draft. And gaurentee no one said QB was the “last thing” needed. It just wasn’t the first.

Let’s not forget, in all of our justified disgust in Tannehill and Vrable, that ONE horrible series by the refs cost us the game. That’s how close this game actually was.

Another interesting stat for today
NO had 11 PD

next in the league was ARZ with 7 then a couple teams with 5.

Not only is NO secondary good, but having that many is also a sign of bad OL play.

The point is Tanny looked like 3 steps behind all game. No movement, no fire. Looked like the same guy we saw last season before he went out with the injury.
That may be his problem now. The OL was really bad last year and played dookie again today. Haven’t seen many cases late in a career but has he gotten David Carred?

He definitely had fire when he first took over, maybe it has worn. Arm strength wasn’t really an issue, but today didn’t look good. Not sure how much was the DL in his face.

I like trying to stretch the field. With limited time by the OL, I think he chose to force something to Hopkins. Hopkins is good, but you can’t just target him regardless of defenders on him. So his decision making seemed questionable at least.

As pointed out, I think this was his worst game as a Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back