Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill
16-34 198 yards, 0TD, 3INT 47.1%

Carr
23-33 305 yards, 1TD, 1INT 69.7%

Dismiss it all you want, the point is that one QB looked ready to play today, the other didn't. And the one that DID look ready was starting for a brand new team surrounded by brand new teammates in a brand new environment. The other one was Ryan Tannehill.
Tannehill just played awful. He would have played just the same if he got 8 reps in preseason.

I could see your argument if one guy played 2 games vs the other guy not playing at all... but 8 freaking throws? Come on.

Definitely not.

but let’s make sure we got your talking points straight you said:
“I was assured Tanne still had it.”
-subjective on what “it” is, but I’ll sign that. I did say he was still capable.

“I was assured if we got him weapons he'd be back to playing like he did in 2020.”
-not sure who said this, but given some weapons, reasonable to assume we see a safer version. He only threw 7 INTs that year.

“I was assured QB was the last thing we needed this past draft”
-was this even about THill for the people who said they didn’t want to see them take a QB? Plenty argued against the options of QB to draft. And gaurentee no one said QB was the “last thing” needed. It just wasn’t the first.

Yeah I'm not the best when it comes to keeping up with other board posters, but if memory serves I don't recall HurrayTitans being one of the strident Tannehill excuse makers... I could be wrong certainly though as I am usually drinking whenever I'm on this site... >:)

Tannehill wasn't playing well from the start. The coaches solution? Take Derrick Henry (ya know, the best player on the team by far) off the field and try to make Kickstand (the rookie) a weapon.

Tannehill wasn't playing well from the start. The coaches solution? Take Derrick Henry (ya know, the best player on the team by far) off the field and try to make Kickstand (the rookie) a weapon.

Your attack on Spears is ridiculous and childish. He is a weapon He is a very good player. Has done nothing to deserve these BS nicknames. There is nothing wrong with his knee. Not his fault THill made another horrible throw to him on what would have been an easy TD after he got wide open. Quit being mad at players because they do what they are told. If THill does his job the bad call on the defensive TD notwithstanding, the Titans win this game. This is on THill. The game plan was fine. Everyone needs to get used to less Henry. It’s the road to success. Running him into the ground isn’t.

The point is Tanny looked like 3 steps behind all game. No movement, no fire. Looked like the same guy we saw last season before he went out with the injury.
He definitely was not moving around much. That’s something he should have know he was going to have to do with his new non coherent offensive line

Your attack on Spears is ridiculous and childish. He is a weapon He is a very good player. Has done nothing to deserve these BS nicknames. There is nothing wrong with his knee. Not his fault THill made another horrible throw to him on what would have been an easy TD after he got wide open. Quit being mad at players because they do what they are told. If THill does his job the bad call on the defensive TD notwithstanding, the Titans win this game. This is on THill. The game plan was fine. Everyone needs to get used to less Henry. It’s the road to success. Running him into the ground isn’t.
There was no knock on Kickstand. Taking your best player off the field to try to throw to a rookie RB is stupid. Plain and simple.

Yes, he had the opportunity to make some plays... would have been great if he did... but the Titans offense runs through Henry whether it's with the ball in his hands or the fear of him getting the ball. No one is worried when a rookie RB in his first game is out there.

Could have still used Spears and kept Henry in the game. That has to be the least Henry has played in a game since being a full time starter. Just crazy.

I know I've been saying all off-season that I wasn't buying the offense hype due to new OC or signing Hopkins. That it was the same old story.
But, today still pissed me off. I didn't want to be right about that.

Fun Fact: The last 6 games I've been to, we've lost.

It was such a great atmosphere in New Orleans. Would've been epic had we won. At least the Saints know how to party. All Titans fans I came in contact with agreed that Tannehill is awful but there's nothing better right now.

I'll give this offense a pass today as it seemed like most offenses looked lost across the NFL today.

Wasn't necessarily impressed with the defense today. I think any plays by the defense was just a product of a mediocre Saints offense.

If Tanny doesn't show any signs of life by week 4, I'd say just give it to Levis. Because this offense just flat out looked exactly like last season.

When you are playing a team who is bad against the run and great against the pass, you run Henry into the ground. Whatever they tried to do today leads to nothing but failure.

Tannehill just played awful. He would have played just the same if he got 8 reps in preseason.

I could see your argument if one guy played 2 games vs the other guy not playing at all... but 8 freaking throws? Come on.

Well, it was 8 throws but it looks like a total of 12 preseason plays vs 3 plays, all of which were hand offs.

And you may be right, maybe it didn't make any difference. Maybe it didn't make any difference in game 1 of last season where we started off slow and looking lost on offense? Maybe, I don't know, there's some benefit to breaking in a new offense and new offensive components BEFORE week 1 of the season? The Saints certainly thought so.

Yeah, it was mind-boggling. And, the consequence of taking Henry off the field in passing situations early tells the defense late that when Henry's on the field, it's an obvious run.

Fun Fact: The last 6 games I've been to, we've lost.

It was such a great atmosphere in New Orleans. Would've been epic had we won. At least the Saints know how to party. All Titans fans I came in contact with agreed that Tannehill is awful but there's nothing better right now.

I'll give this offense a pass today as it seemed like most offenses looked lost across the NFL today.

Wasn't necessarily impressed with the defense today. I think any plays by the defense was just a product of a mediocre Saints offense.

If Tanny doesn't show any signs of life by week 4, I'd say just give it to Levis. Because this offense just flat out looked exactly like last season.

Hope you at least enjoyed the experience!

Also, we can now curb ALL of the Vrabel, OC, Tannehill talk, the obvious reason for today's loss was the presence of Titanup1982!

Well, it was 8 throws but it looks like a total of 12 preseason plays vs 3 plays, all of which were hand offs.

And you may be right, maybe it didn't make any difference. Maybe it didn't make any difference in game 1 of last season where we started off slow and looking lost on offense? Maybe, I don't know, there's some benefit to breaking in a new offense and new offensive components BEFORE week 1 of the season? The Saints certainly thought so.
I agree that starters may need to play in the preseason. But then you risk injury and teams only have 3 games to check out what they have in young guys/guys on the roster bubble. So do you play starters who you know are going to be on the team and maybe overlook some guys that could have made the team with more opportunity?

Either way, teams across the league start out slow every season and more and more starters don't play in the preseason. My thing is, 10-12 plays in a preseason game isn't going to make a difference. If the starters need preseason to get going, I'd argue they need at least a full game, if not 2.

Tannehill throwing 8 passes in the preseason wouldn't have helped his poor decision making and throws today.

Oh, almost didn’t realize, that’s 8 straight losses.
An article pointed out, 2nd longest losing streak in franchise history (tied).

still have a ways to go for the “record”. 18 straight back in 72-73.

longest home losing streak -13
Longest road losing streak -23

I agree that starters may need to play in the preseason. But then you risk injury and teams only have 3 games to check out what they have in young guys/guys on the roster bubble. So do you play starters who you know are going to be on the team and maybe overlook some guys that could have made the team with more opportunity?

Either way, teams across the league start out slow every season and more and more starters don't play in the preseason. My thing is, 10-12 plays in a preseason game isn't going to make a difference. If the starters need preseason to get going, I'd argue they need at least a full game, if not 2.

Tannehill throwing 8 passes in the preseason wouldn't have helped his poor decision making and throws today.
I agree that all teams start slow pretty much regardless of what they do in preseason.

I will argue that the amount of starter play should correlate with the amount of new starters especially if entire units are turned over from the previous year.
In the titans case, the OL needed about max playing time. Bright side to the risk, if any got hurt, it seems an equally bad guy right behind.

That’s where I think THill could’ve benefited from some more preseason. He also has a new target in Hopkins and really still new in Burks and Philips (who wouldn’t have played anyway).

Defenses get gassed. That wasn’t a fold.
Agree they do get gassed but they also did fold on the final drive. Gave up 2 third downs to see out the clock. Fulton got completely torched.

We obviously lost because of our offense (I also hated the 4th down decision to kick the FG to make it 16-15) but still feel it was inevitable the D would break at the end too once we gave the ball back.

A miserable loss.

Agree they do get gassed but they also did fold on the final drive. Gave up 2 third downs to see out the clock. Fulton got completely torched.

We obviously lost because of our offense (I also hated the 4th down decision to kick the FG to make it 16-15) but still feel it was inevitable the D would break at the end too once we gave the ball back.

A miserable loss.

Miserable indeed.

That call to kick a FG instead of go for it was insane. We had 3 timeouts had we not made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back