Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adoree played well for us up until last year, but he never got picks and he was a liability in run defense with his poor tackling of larger players. Let’s be real here though, the culture of our defense last year was S O F T. Now we’ve just brought in three big time veteran maniacs from playoff teams. I’m totally digging where this is going.

Agreed. I think Adoree kicked himself out of town with how he handled that knee injury last year. You heard JRob talk about how they want guys who will fight back from injuries. Think that was a shot at AJ25.

Agreed. I think Adoree kicked himself out of town with how he handled that knee injury last year. You heard JRob talk about how they want guys who will fight back from injuries. Think that was a shot at AJ25.
Coulda been a shot at half our team, we had a lot of injuries

Yup, hopefully the era of 20 yards off the WR is over....

Nobody played 20 yards off receivers. This was all about pass rush. They played off because they were limiting the deep all. It’s called “off man” it’s deployed by most NFL teams. The problem with this coverage for the Titans was the PASS RUSH.

PASS RUSH. PASS RUSH PASS RUSH

Even If we have fixed the pass rush they will still play some off man. Get ready for that.

Nobody played 20 yards off receivers. This was all about pass rush. They played off because they were limiting the deep all. It’s called “off man” it’s deployed by most NFL teams. The problem with this coverage for the Titans was the PASS RUSH.

Even If we have fixed the pass rush they will still play some off man. Get ready for that.

Yea, I guess I was the only one seeing 4 yard out and spot routes.....

Yea, I guess I was the only one seeing 4 yard out and spot routes.....

I’m not saying they didn’t happen. I clearly stated the defense they were running and why it didn’t work well for them. When you take away the deep route, you open up the short passing game. It’s a chess match and we were playing checkers last year. But it begins with a pass rush. They weren’t playing off coverage because they wanted to, they did it because they had to. Understand?

Playing way off is how Pittsburgh controlled the clock and ate up the D. One example, I’m sure there’s more. 10 yards, 20 yards, doesn’t really matter, they were consistently far enough away that short, quick passes were almost guaranteed success.

Yea, on third and 9 sitting back 10+ really isnt smart though...

He's older but an upgrade over Adoree

Former Giants and current Kansas City Chiefs defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, who praised Jenkins’ qualities, per The Athletic’s Dan Duggan.

“Janoris is one of the most competitive players I have coached in the NFL,” former Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo said. “When he walked through the door, our practice intensity went up tenfold. He made the other DBs better just by his example.”

Former Giants head coach Pat Shurmur echoed those sentiments, while also noting that Jenkins would be a good teacher for younger players.

“He’ll become a good teacher,” coach Pat Shurmur said after the draft. “I admire Janoris. He’s tough. He’s competitive. He always answers the bell. I’ve gained a huge appreciation for him coaching him over the last year or so. So just put all these young guys in a room with him and I think Janoris will be Janoris. If these young guys are smart enough to listen, then they’re going to learn a lot of really good stuff.”

Older yes, But be real.. Watkins is 27 and Davis is 26. Not really a big deal.
Crazy. It feels like he’s 30. Those complaining about not keeping Davis and criticizing Watkins for being injury prone... Um... so is Corey Davis. Maybe not as bad, but for $40m, that’s risky.

I’m all for bringing in Watkins. Good vet. Playoff and SB experience. Shouldn’t cost much. Solid #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back