Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts he’s ahead of schedule on his rehab and should be ready to go. Doubt JRob would invest that kind of money if he had any doubts.

Just sayin’ pump the brakes. Losing Davis and Smith WILL effect the O, can Dupree be enough to keep us scoring more than the other team(s)? I dunno- we’ll have to see before crown JRob King of the 2021 off season.

Him and Autry have a pretty good track record last 3 years. 15 sacks combined per year.

Davis and Jonnu will affect the offense but it’s not like it’s they were one of our main contributors. Henry, Brown, and Tannehill. Firkser almost had an identical stat line as Jonnu. Not saying they are the same player but production was similar.

Cheer up! You know how you hate that JRob let 1st round picks go after their rookie contract? Well, we just did the same to the Stoolers.

first - I don’t “hate JRob”. I just try to stay objective about his overall performance. We’ve picked up Dupree after an IR injury. Maybe it works out. It did for the Browns with Conklin (although more time had passed). But we let a couple of key O pieces go. Remember how Henry did before we had Davis/Smith at full utilization? Hope Firkser can do it. (And I’m unquestionably the biggest Firkser fan on this board.)

Him and Autry have a pretty good track record last 3 years. 15 sacks combined per year.

Davis and Jonnu will affect the offense but it’s not like it’s they were one of our main contributors. Henry, Brown, and Tannehill. Firkser almost had an identical stat line as Jonnu. Not saying they are the same player but production was similar.
See my other post.

first - I don’t “hate JRob”. I just try to stay objective about his overall performance. We’ve picked up Dupree after an IR injury. Maybe it works out. It did for the Browns with Conklin (although more time had passed). But we let a couple of key O pieces go. Remember how Henry did before we had Davis/Smith at full utilization? Hope Firkser can do it. (And I’m unquestionably the biggest Firkser fan on this board.)

How were they key O pieces? I loved Smith, but he disappeared after the middle of the season. Davis had a very good year in a contract year. But wasn’t great before. Don’t get me wrong they have to be replaced. But not at what they were going to cost. No Defense keeps us out of the Super Bowl. We could afford to lose a little offense to get good on defense. We can now go WR in round 1 if we choose. Options are open.

1. Read my post again. “Hate that” isn’t the same as “hate”.
2. There was no way we could have kept Davis and Jonnu and fixed anything on defense. It sucks, but this is how the NFL works. No team keeps most of its successful draft picks past their rookie deals.
2. When exactly did we have both Davis and Jonnu at “full utilization”? Henry has been Henry for over two years, now.

2. There was no way we could have kept Davis and Jonnu and fixed anything on defense. It sucks, but this is how the NFL works. No team keeps most of its successful draft picks past their rookie deals.
2. When exactly did we have both Davis and Jonnu at “full utilization”? Henry has been Henry for over two years, now.

Bingo... like Henry was a product of the great play of Smith and Davis. More than anything other than Henry being a beast, it was Tannehill and the threat of the deep ball, which we didn’t have with Mariota,

got it. Just saying that folks should pump the brakes on declaring this a win all together. JRob’s moves this off season are having to make up for some REALLY bad ones last year. I think JRob above average GM, just slightly. That opinion seems to trigger so many on this board.

Bingo... like Henry was a product of the great play of Smith and Davis. More than anything other than Henry being a beast, it was Tannehill and the threat of the deep ball, which we didn’t have with Mariota,
I’m not saying that. Davis and Jonnu helped a lot in getting Henry out in space. But, Henry still did his thing when either or both of them weren’t on the field.

got it. Just saying that folks should pump the brakes on declaring this a win all together. JRob’s moves this off season are having to make up for some REALLY bad ones last year. I think JRob above average GM, just slightly. That opinion seems to trigger so many on this board.
Sure, but we have the prerogative to be excited about this move. This is bigger than Beasley or Clowney. It might not work out, but it’s okay to be pumped about it right now.

Sure, but we have the prerogative to be excited about this move. This is bigger than Beasley or Clowney. It might not work out, but it’s okay to be pumped about it right now.
Not disagreeing. But I’m cautious. He’s coming off injury like others we’ve picked up in the past. I HOPE he delivers like everybody else. And these comment are in the context of JRob’s overall performance.

You sure don’t write like that’s how you feel. You seem depressed by these moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back