Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
JRob did what he needed to do. He got a couple of guys that can get to the qb. May draft another. Will it work out? Who knows? But this is what the team needed. Now to see how we build the Offense.

If it doesn't work, I'm sure there will be more cuts, and acquisitions next year.

Wouldn’t you agree that it’s difficult to find an NFL player who isn’t “coming off an injury?”
No doubt for “premiere” players that others teams willing to let go. I just temper my enthusiasm that there is a reason known to those teams as to why they willing to let that player go. In our case we let Conklin go and replaced him with Wilson. That’s squarely on JRob. And we’re letting Davis go, to clear space to AGAIN attempt to get D rush/line help. I’m cautious to see if it works out simply because JRob hasn’t impressed me that much in that department.

Love this. Had a feeling it would be dupree. We have a history of Steelers players balling out once we sign them(nate washington, Chris hope). Let's hope he comes back right from the acl, but all indications are that he should be fine. This signing and the Autry signing is exactly what this team needed. Im really hoping we can work something out for Jayon now, although I don't see it happening anymore. Who knows though.

Love this. Had a feeling it would be dupree. We have a history of Steelers players balling out once we sign them. Let's hope he comes back right from the acl, but all indications are that he should be fine.

Nate Washington and Chris hope fo SHO. (IIRC)

got it. Just saying that folks should pump the brakes on declaring this a win all together. JRob’s moves this off season are having to make up for some REALLY bad ones last year. I think JRob above average GM, just slightly. That opinion seems to trigger so many on this board.

No doubt for “premiere” players that others teams willing to let go. I just temper my enthusiasm that there is a reason known to those teams as to why they willing to let that player go. In our case we let Conklin go and replaced him with Wilson. That’s squarely on JRob. And we’re letting Davis go, to clear space to AGAIN attempt to get D rush/line help. I’m cautious to see if it works out simply because JRob hasn’t impressed me that much in that department.

Not sure how there are still complaints about JRob at all. He’s undefeated this year, what more do you want?!

I'd say the complaints are more towards the fact that we have like 20 million in dead cap right now that could've been spent to bring back a Corey and a johnnu. If not for the horrendous contracts given out to Butler, humphreys, vacarro and the GOD awful pick of isaiah wilson. Nobody's perfect though, he's doing what he must to make up for them mistakes now. Hopefully it pans out. And for gods sake I sure hope last years draft was simply a result of covid related issues.

Umm, that’s what every team does. We wouldn’t be able to sign free agents if every team kept their good players. The Steelers couldn’t afford two top edge rushers. They didn’t decide they just didn’t want Dupree. They franchised him last year. JRob replaced Conklin with Kelly. Yes, the Wilson pick was terrible, but why don’t you exercise some caution and wait to see how this year plays out before making a judgement.

I'd say the complaints are more towards the fact that we have like 20 million in dead cap right now that could've been spent to bring back a Corey and a johnnu. If not for the horrendous contracts given out to Butler, humphreys, vacarro and the GOD awful pick of isaiah wilson. Nobody's perfect though, he's doing what he must to make up for them mistakes now. Hopefully it pans out. And for gods sake I sure hope last years draft was simply a result of covid related issues.
Eh, I was just being sarcastic anyway.

everyone should have complaints about at least the 2020 moves.

Umm, that’s what every team does. We wouldn’t be able to sign free agents if every team kept their good players. The Steelers couldn’t afford two top edge rushers. They didn’t decide they just didn’t want Dupree. They franchised him last year. JRob replaced Conklin with Kelly. Yes, the Wilson pick was terrible, but why don’t you exercise some caution and wait to see how this year plays out before making a judgement.

“pump the brakes”. “ I’ll wait until next next year year” were exact statements I made in prior posts regarding “judging” these moves. Look- I understand this is supposed to be an optimistic time for every team. We’re ALL undefeated right now. But I am NOT. going to drink the hype coolaid and gloss over the moves that take away the O weapons and get jacked on the hype about picking up a D player the Steelers didn’t make a priority to retain. Yes it’s part of the off season process for all teams. But I’m willing to wait until next year to judge the moves, until then all is opinion. And IMO Based off JRobs past record, I’m not certain we’ve taken a step forward. That’s all I’m saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back