Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that they don’t cut Gostkowski. I think they’ll give him a little more rope based on his history of being great.

He pulled it our at the end, so I’m thinking that they’ll give him a couple weeks to try and get things right.

But I’m not sure he still has any gas in the tank after his hip surgery. He was booting the kickoffs ok, but his accuracy of the FG attempts were all over the place. Maybe he can dial it back in with a little time?

I'm torn I'd like to cut his azz but don't want a revolving door at K. I think honestly we should get Gost and that kid from Iowa we got both really for Sunday and carry two K come game time. Unless there is a bonfide kicker out the that can come in a knock'em down that doesn't have a history of being trash.

I have a feeling that they don’t cut Gostkowski. I think they’ll give him a little more rope based on his history of being great.

He pulled it our at the end, so I’m thinking that they’ll give him a couple weeks to try and get things right.

But I’m not sure he still has any gas in the tank after his hip surgery. He was booting the kickoffs ok, but his accuracy of the FG attempts were all over the place. Maybe he can dial it back in with a little time?

We damn near lost this game because of him.

We likely are able able to beat Jax next week with no kicker, but I wouldn't like our odds against Minnesota without one. Gotta get it solved soon.

so let’s see, at $2.75MM, with about 50 expected FG attempts per season,
Mr. Gostkowski earned $55,000 for EACH missed FG. The missed PAT i think he kicked that one for free.

Is this going to be 2019 all over again when management hangs on to a guy post-injury instead if admitting the problem? That by all rights should have cost the Titans their season last year but for the NFL’s best red zone TD offense in the last 40 years.

Maybe they think we’ll do the miraculous again, and so dont really need
a FG kicker.

Mr. Gostkowski earned $55,000 for EACH missed FG. The missed PAT i think he kicked that one for free.

Is this going to be 2019 all over again when management hangs on to a guy post-injury instead if admitting the problem? That by all rights should have cost the Titans their season last year but for the NFL’s best red zone TD offense in the last 40 years.

a FG kicker.
I just looked up FA kickers, and its terrible

I think we have a kicker on our practice squad. If Gostkowski blows another game we have to make the switch to the rookie

a FG kicker.

50 att per season?
The nfl record is 52 att
There’s been 75 individual seasons total to even reach 40 FG att.
NFL Field Goal Attempts Single-Season Leaders (since 1938) | Pro-Football-Reference.com

The more I look back at it, the more I think they should keep him for a few more weeks and see if he can get things corrected.

He had one week with a new team, new snapper, holder, and special teams unit. His 3 misses were just barely wide, two of the snaps were bad, and I'm not sure I'm ready to put the blocked one on him.

Not necessarily making excuses for him, he's gotta do better, but I'm also not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I just looked up FA kickers, and its terrible

I think we have a kicker on our practice squad. If Gostkowski blows another game we have to make the switch to the rookie

how hard is it to sign an undrafted kicker from college? seriously i don't see how they can't get a job when you compare them to the list of revolving door scrubs like Parkey and Santos

I don't see any way they cut him with what's out there and a rookie on the PS. But JRob better bring in a few guys to look at because, if this doesn't get any better against the Jags, he'll have to make a move.

The more I look back at it, the more I think they should keep him for a few more weeks and see if he can get things corrected.

He had one week with a new team, new snapper, holder, and special teams unit. His 3 misses were just barely wide, two of the snaps were bad, and I'm not sure I'm ready to put the blocked one on him.

Not necessarily making excuses for him, he's gotta do better, but I'm also not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.
Yea well that baby 36 years old and just had hip surgery

Another week of blunders from him and he has to go.

how hard is it to sign an undrafted kicker from college? seriously i don't see how they can't get a job when you compare them to the list of revolving door scrubs like Parkey and Santos

Seriously

Every top 25 college team has a guy who can bomb it from 40+ consistently these days.

Just use a 7th on one next year and keep it rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back