Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest. I'm a little disappointed I got home from work and this dude is still on the team.

Chase. Motherfucking. McLaughlin.

I felt like that yesterday, but we have the Jags next. He has the leg. I’ll give him another week. He misses anything at all, move on.

He was awful but thankfully he made the game winning kick. I feel like they’re going to give him a few weeks to see if he improves. Coming off surgery with no reps and little time with the team definitely hurt him, Still not an excuse but hopefully he improves. if not bring the kid up from the practice squad

Reports say he was hitting 50+ FGs in warm ups (which is not hard to do in Denver)so power is not an issues in my opinion.

The lack of real kicking practice is what got him he join us about a week ago and the timing on his steps was just awful.

Now he was not the only one who struggle this week the lack of preseason is hurting kickers the most for some reason.

Let’s give him one more week. Doubt his nerves is an issue, he’s lived that for years. I pulled a Fack him immediately, but didn’t think it through! He’s been great on big kicks his whole career. Give him another shot

I like Vrabel’s HC style. Excerpt regarding Gostowski:

Titans vs. Broncos - Game Recap - September 14, 2020 - ESPN

“Titans coach and ex-teammate Mike Vrabel said he had no qualms about sending Gostkowski out for another try,

"Nope, and they did, obviously, because they weren't using their timeouts and they were banking on him missing," Vrabel said. "We've all got to do our job. And again, it's not on just one player. We'll get this stuff fixed. We've got a lot of faith in our players. Excited to get out of here with a win. This is a tough place to play."

I was mad as hell last night and wanted “dis”Gostowski gone. But if Vrabel thinks it can get fixed, I believe it can as well. Let’s see how it goes.

For clarity, last year titans were 8/18 on FG. The first NFL team under 50% since the 80’s.
Collectively going back to 1970, 49 teams have been under 50%, 38 were in the 70’s.

kicking in general has improved greatly, there is no reason for us to suck this bad.
At 25%, plenty of time to try improving but the titans currently fall under historically bad.

gostkowski is still on the team, he better put himself on a “made” streak quick or we can expect the same rotating door of s**t kickers again.

For clarity, last year titans were 8/18 on FG. The first NFL team under 50% since the 80’s.
Collectively going back to 1970, 49 teams have been under 50%, 38 were in the 70’s.

kicking in general has improved greatly, there is no reason for us to suck this bad.
At 25%, plenty of time to try improving but the titans currently fall under historically bad.

gostkowski is still on the team, he better put himself on a “made” streak quick or we can expect the same rotating door of s**t kickers again.
When I noticed rob had kicked as many the in 1 game as We made last year...

At this point I think you have to keep him. If you look at kickoffs and his pregame warm-up kicks, the hip is fine. Had we signed him 3 months ago instead of 2 weeks ago, it could be a different story. Same can be said about no preseason.

No need to cut him, but let's have a true kicker competition this week. We can even bring in a third to try out. Winner plays Sunday. I would make it a game of "around the world". First one to miss is gone. Let's see who steps up to the pressure.
Need to have a line in front of him while doing it. All his kicks were low.

I was thinking about the comments regarding his lack of reps/blaming the COVID preseason and camps as somewhat of an excuse for this guy.

I just wanted to say BS regarding all that. This guy is a kicker. COVID doesn’t limit him from reps in the slightest, he can go kick all day every day.
That said, he’s also a 14 year vet and has the 27th most, in game, FG att of all time. That doesn’t even count post season att.

This guy is a career 88% K including 75% 40-49.

Him sucking like he just did is a GIANT red flag that he hasn’t recovered from his injury and is about to repeat Succup’s terrible season from last year.
Few days till the Jax game, there should be another Kicker available on the roster now. I know we have other weak points, but like last year, suit up 2 kickers. Gostkowski misses his first att, he’s done and gets cut after the game. Don’t waste any more season on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back