Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade out of #3 methinks. Vince Young isn't top-10 material, he's only worth it if his athletic talent is up to scratch with someone like mcnabb, and even then he'd need a true #1. This draft is ****ty for WRs. I'd hate the VYoung pick.

Two great scenarios that are totally realistic - well probably

A take the OLman

B Young declare eligable and Titans take him 3rd and McNair hangs for a couple of years to mentor him

Ewker said:
do the Titans trade down to get more picks and Jay Cutler??

Seems like the most logical choice at this point. Unless somehow, by some miracle, Bush falls to us at #3, then it would be smart to get a few more #2s, #3s, or maybe a lower #1 with some other picks. We need a lot of bang for the buck, if you feel me; we have a number of holes to fill.:hmm:

We either take the Brick or hope another team wants him enough to trade with us. Roos can stay at RT and Bell can move to OG. A franchise LT is worth that early of a pick if a guys really looks like a stud.

I've been hearing that Houston may trade down because they may not want Bush because they are satisfied with Davis. Houston probably would like to get Fergusen (the Offensive Tackle from Virginia). I can see the Jets and 49ers trading up to get Bush. Saints will definitely get Leinert (poor matt). And then its us, the Titans. If we dont trade out, we are guarenteed get one of the three star prospects (Bush, Leinert, Fergusen). Do we trade down to about the 7 or 9 area to get someone like AJ Hawk, or do we stay put. I would mind getting an extra first round pick and coming out of the draft with AJ Hawk and maybe even Darnell Bing from the first round...I can't wait. Im happy everything turned out perfect for the titans today regarding the draft (except that the Saints won...)

TITANS '06!!!

did anyone see our defense today? we gave up 27 points in the first half to super stars like reggie williams, david garrard and labrandon toefield. take hawk, PLEASE!

Mike Keith and Frank Wychek said at the tale end of the broadcaswt that our slotting hinges on the St. Louis game tonight

I'm fine with 3, even though, I don't see a clear #3
We need D'Brickashaw, but #3 is a little high
some folks want Aj Hawk , see above
Vince Young =poor man's Mike Vick, I like him and I don't
Jay Cutler's my man ...... about 7 picks back

last year, their were 2 Qb's,3 RB's,a WR and 2 CB's all slated in the top 5
this year it looks like there's only 2 premiere players

which makes #3 a crappy place to pick

If Reggie goes #1 and Matt #2 ..... what does that leave us at #3 ?

If Houston does not want Bush, we should trade up with them and get Leinart. He might not have the stronget arm but he is a winner - see Tom Brady...

titansrule said:
If Houston does not want Bush, we should trade up with them and get Leinart. He might not have the stronget arm but he is a winner - see Tom Brady...

Is that a product of Matt
or his surrounding cast
or his outstanding coach

just because he's on a winning team, doesn't make it his doing

however, I think Matt's best shot at success is with Chow

on a side note, I bet San Diego would like to pick 3rd
maybe we trade them picks for Rivers, slide back and draft DeAngelo
pipe dream ..... but San Diego likes pipes

My favorite scenario is to trade down and get another first round pick. We then get two defensive playmakers with those picks, hopefully AJ Hawk and a safety, like Darnell Bing or Landry. I think we have a good defensive line, but drafting a guy like Kiwanuka or Dumervil wouldnt hurt.

Oh man, how i would love to get AJ Hawk first and then Chad Greenway/Demeco Ryans/Thomas Howard with the second first round pick...

Also, theres Eric Winston, someone who was thought to be a top 10 pick if he came out last year, before he got hurt. He could be a great offensive tackle...

There are so many possibilities. My mind is running wild!!!

titansrule said:

If Houston don't want Bush, let them sit and pick Brick, or trade back. No way should we trade up and let Houston get some sense of karma by screwing us like we did to them in the 04 draft.

That way, NO takes Leinhart and Bush falls to us at 3. If teams really want him, they can deal with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back