Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to get two first round picks is to trade with a team that has two firsts, or trade players to a team willing to give a first rounder for them (such as Billy Volek, Travis Henry and Bo Schobel, for instance - that takes care of the Jets' issues, QB, future RB and DE).

GLinks said:
That way, NO takes Leinhart and Bush falls to us at 3. If teams really want him, they can deal with us.

Houston desparately needs a guy like D'Brick
let NO take Lienart - alot of people are starting to downgrade him anyway
but I do not see a scenario where Reggie Bush falls to #3

if Houston doesn't want Bush, there's no doubt in my mind that they SHOULD trade out of the slot. but then again, Houston doesn't make great draft day trade decisions :winker:

If Reggie Bush falls to #3, I'll pass out

The only way Houston takes Bush at this point, IMO, is if they have a buyer in mind. They'll take The Brick first if they have any sense, and move down to get him.

Puck said:
If Reggie Bush DOES fall to us at #3 and we DO NOT draft him, I'll be very pissed ...... and Floyd should be fired

I don't know about fired; If we take anyone else at #3 and Bush is available, then yeah I'd have a problem. But if Bush was available, and we traded out for someone like Brick or for more picks, then I wouldn't have a problem.

No way would they pass on that - oh they'd think about it good and hard, and if it was for a 1, 2 and 3 and a future pick, I'd say sure, go do it - but even our boys would wake up. They'd either take Bush or the Deal of the Century.

It's possible if Houston doesn't sell the position, and the Texans don't fire Casserly til after the draft, that Casserly screws them, or helps us, with a straight face and drafts D'Brickashaw ten seconds into their time on the clock.

It all amounts to the same, Houston stays or sells, Bush is likely gone at #1, then Leinhart at #2, and our choices unfold from there.

The good news is if all that happens and Houston trades down, we can probably trade our first with them and maybe get another pick so they can trade back up for Ferguson. (Say they get a 1, 2 and future 1 for Bush, we can probably trade ones and get the two. We'll get a one and two twos, they have our one, one of the twos and a future one, for example.)

Brooks is through. You can find him and Joey Harrington at the "bust" station, getting one-way tickets out of town.

"And with the second pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select...Matt Leinhart, QB, USC."

Puck said:
If Reggie Bush falls to #3, I'll pass out

Agree, I think we're dreaming if we thing there's some scenario where Bush lasts until pick #3. NO would take him at #2, and it sounds like he's the kind of player many teams will trade up for.

He won't last past one in all likelihood, but I think NO passes at #2. They need QB too badly and have too much money in McCallister to make that choice seem likely.

KamikaZ said:
I don't know about fired; If we take anyone else at #3 and Bush is available, then yeah I'd have a problem. But if Bush was available, and we traded out for someone like Brick or for more picks, then I wouldn't have a problem.

yeah my concept is that if he IS there @ 3 and we pass

I still don't see him there @ 3 though

but if he is, then he better be a Titan

not that i'm sure how accurate this phrae is, but I've heard, read and seen where Reggie Bush is one of the most promising prospects to come out since Shaun and LaDainion

rewind the clock and imagine yourself passing on either of those 2
LT2 went #5 -has 1200+ in EVERY season with no less than 10 TD's
Shaun went #19 and has never avgd. less than 4ypc or scored less than 14 TD's (rookies season excluded)

If Reggie is to be anything like either of these 2 ,then I see no reason to trade out.

The only thing I wonder about Bush is his size. Can he withstain the rigors of the NFL? 300+ carries, while staying relatively healthy and maintaining a good YPC to go along with his yardages. I know thats a question for every RB, but to draft a RB so high, to have so much hype, the questions still remain for me.

GLinks said:
He won't last past one in all likelihood, .

I still think people are selling Dom Davis short

he's one of the most underrated RB's in the league
if he had anything resembling a line in front he'd be a top 5 back

I Can almost see Houston taking a QB before taking a RB

another scenario has Vince Young and Matt Lienart going 1 / 2

btw,... Houston fired Dom Capers, but retained their GM
a new HC might create some influence

this is going to be one LONG waiting / anticipation game

Puck said:
alot of people said that about Emmitt

Size is issue -isn't he only 190? I just think too many teams will think he's the rare back of the decade - and somebody will trade up for him. Texans are in an excellent bargaining position.

You know, it might just be possible that Bush lasts until us.

Houston is happy with Dom Davis and decides on the Brick, New Orleans could trade out for someone wanting Bush but that most likely mean they miss out on Leinart (because we take him).

But if Houston don't want Bush they will trade out I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back