Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every report I've seen has said Houston would take Reggie, if he we're available to them, and obviously he is. It may not make sense, and one would think that they'd take D'Brickashaw, but I've heard that they WILL take Bush if they get the #1. If this is what happens, New Orleans will more than likely take Leinart. Brooks is toast in NO. They've been starting Todd Bouman the past few games. They also have Adrian McPherson, who they drafted last year in the later rounds, but he is EXTREMELY raw as a QB, and will likely not be a starter.

That leaves us with a pick of taking D'Brickashaw (my pick), taking AJ Hawk, or possibly trading down and stockpiling more picks. Ideally, I'd like us to take D'Brickashaw with our 1st, and take a LB with our 2nd, since Cutler is likely to go off in the mid-late 1st. LBs that are likely to be available early 2nd, could be guys like D'Qwell Jackson, Abdul Hodge, Ernie Sims, Paul Posluzny(if he declares)...so this draft is loaded at LB.

KamikaZ said:
God, the "What If" sceneros for the Draft have begun...:ha:

ok, "How 'bout" LenDale White
one site ranks him as the best 'POWER' back in the country
certainly more suited to Jeff's mentality

6.7 ypc and 21 TD's
he's also USC"s all time TD leader - scoring 49 TD's (in only 3 years)
led the team in rushing last year
hmmmm,.....

Well, I hate this idea, but if Houston wants to trade down and still have a good shot at Ferguson, then the best trading partner is -- us. We give them our first and a third (that we get from trading Volek or Henry, second if we get that for one of those guys, even; also, throw in an OT like Loper if necessary) and we get Bush, they get Brick before anyone else can select him - guaranteed.

Picking third gives us the ability to pick a high quality player, or trade down for multiple players. Let's face it , we have a lot of needs, one player won't turn the tide next season.

JDee

Puck said:
ok, "How 'bout" LenDale White
one site ranks him as the best 'POWER' back in the country
certainly more suited to Jeff's mentality

6.7 ypc and 21 TD's
he's also USC"s all time TD leader - scoring 49 TD's (in only 3 years)
led the team in rushing last year
hmmmm,.....

I suggested him if we were out of the top 5 - he suits Fisher to a T.

But at #3 - what about DeAngelo Williams if Bush is gone? If Bush is LaDanian and D.Williams is Shaun Alexander, would I take Alexander at #3 if LT wasn't there? Yes I would.

jdee said:
P Let's face it , we have a lot of needs, one player won't turn the tide next season.

JDee
Neither will one draft turn around what we have this year.
But one Franchise Player we could get at #3 could turn the tide in 2-3 years maybe.

jdee said:
Picking third gives us the ability to pick a high quality player, or trade down for multiple players. Let's face it , we have a lot of needs, one player won't turn the tide next season.

JDee

Third really is a good place to be - we got McNair at #3. And we have the possibility of selling our pick if we were lucky enough to have Bush or Leinhart fall to us. But maybe we can sell it for chances at Hawk, Ferguson, D. Williams, M. Williams, J.Williams, V.Young, etc.

The wait will be torture, but somehow enjoyable.

GLinks said:
I suggested him if we were out of the top 5 - he suits Fisher to a T.

But at #3 - what about DeAngelo Williams if Bush is gone? If Bush is LaDanian and D.Williams is Shaun Alexander, would I take Alexander at #3 if LT wasn't there? Yes I would.

no, no, no, ....... LenDale in a later round

interesting equation you had going there

question : would yu rather have LT or Shaun Alexander ?
(me thinksa Shaun for me)

GLinks said:
Well, I hate this idea, but if Houston wants to trade down and still have a good shot at Ferguson, then the best trading partner is -- us. We give them our first and a third (that we get from trading Volek or Henry, second if we get that for one of those guys, even; also, throw in an OT like Loper if necessary) and we get Bush, they get Brick before anyone else can select him - guaranteed.

I think it'd take much more than a 1st and a 3rd. San Diego got a ton to trade Eli to NY. I think they got another #1 and something like 2nd 3rd and 5th rounder -all for moving about 3-4 places

Me, too, Puck. Me, too.

No, top 10 is too high for LenDale, but he probably doesn't make it past Pittsburgh. I'd love to get him in round two, but that is unlikely. Philadelphia, New England, Arizona, either New York, Minnesota, Green Bay all need a new running back, too.

smili said:
I think it'd take much more than a 1st and a 3rd. San Diego got a ton to trade Eli to NY. I think they got another #1 and something like 2nd 3rd and 5th rounder -all for moving about 3-4 places

I offered less because we'd be moving less than in that trade, or ATL moving from #5 to #1 to get Vick. The further you trade down, the less likely you still get the player you want. That's why we're "perfect." At #3 Houston can't miss on the Brick.

I really don't think running back is what we need at #3. I know Brown has been somewhat disappointing, but he is a quality NFL running back. We've got to go O-line or D-line or linebacker with the first pick. There isn't a quality QB to take as high as #3.

JDee

D'Brick - value - best LT in the draft
M Williams - value - may be best DE, can play DT, too. Young Kevin Carter, hopefully better.
D Williams - value - can replace CBrown and THenry. Can run and catch. Can move the pile, and elude defenders. Has wiggle and breakaway speed. "A danger to take it to the house every time he touches the ball." (I love that cliche.)
AJ Hawk - value - terror at LB.

Some of you will see many of these as reaches, but outside of franchise QB (value regardless of where selected), these are going to be the top players remaining regardless of position, and we could use one of each of them. And jdee, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac weren't needs last year, but if one was there at #6, we would have selected that player. We may have RB covered on paper, but you never know. Just like if some of us don't like Young or Cutler, it doesn't mean the FO won't pull the trigger and take one of them at #3. We don't have to like them for us to take them. See: Pacman Jones. And it could still be the right pick after all. That's the exciting part, once you've gotten over the realization that another draft has gone by and yet again Floyd and Jeff didn't listen to you once.

Gunny said:
You know, it might just be possible that Bush lasts until us.

Houston is happy with Dom Davis and decides on the Brick, New Orleans could trade out for someone wanting Bush but that most likely mean they miss out on Leinart (because we take him).

But if Houston don't want Bush they will trade out I would imagine.

yeah there is no way at this point that Bush would fall to us. I dont know that Houston will take him, and I dont think they should, but they are in a position to get a hell of a deal by trading down.

Soxcat said:
We either take the Brick or hope another team wants him enough to trade with us. Roos can stay at RT and Bell can move to OG. A franchise LT is worth that early of a pick if a guys really looks like a stud.

I agree, if brick is at 3 you take him unless we get a good trade for him. Hopkins is about done so if we can replace him with a potential Ogden or Jones like left tackle then we would be insane to pass that up. Unless we are given a really good deal with picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back