Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this Texans take Bush with #1 and then flip him over to us after we take The Brick. Not only do they receive him but we trade Hopkins, Brown, Beckham and Sirmon to the Texans for him. Just Wishful Thinking. They improve their oline immensly get help on d and get a talented rb in brown.

dg1979us said:
they are in a position to get a hell of a deal by trading down.

then again , this is the Texans savvy business model we're discussing

hell, they should just draft Reggie and trade Dom

(heard an interesting tidbit about Dom)
while at LSU (backing up Toefield), coach wanted to convert him to safety
and now he's a dangerous 2-way threat

but it's like this,..... imagine you had Eddie George on your team (call it '99), he was doing OK but nothing spectacular , and you had an opportunity to draft an LT or an Alexander. (you could also use the Travis Henry / Willis McGahee scenario here) - would you pull the trigger, even though it wasn't a "need" position (but certainly an upgrade)

wait a minut, scratch that - they probably need a QB worse than a RB

Puck said:
then again , this is the Texans savvy business model we're discussing

hell, they should just draft Reggie and trade Dom

(heard an interesting tidbit about Dom)
while at LSU (backing up Toefield), coach wanted to convert him to safety
and now he's a dangerous 2-way threat

but it's like this,..... imagine you had Eddie George on your team (call it '99), he was doing OK but nothing spectacular , and you had an opportunity to draft an LT or an Alexander. (you could also use the Travis Henry / Willis McGahee scenario here) - would you pull the trigger, even though it wasn't a "need" position (but certainly an upgrade)

wait a minut, scratch that - they probably need a QB worse than a RB

Houston has a lot of holes to fill, but RB isnt one of them. Davis is a very capable back who has decent #s behind a terrible line, and he is an excellent receiver too. One player wont even begin to fix the Texans, and there are probably 20 teams who would like Bush so I think they are crazy if they dont trade down and load up on picks. Houston seems to have quality skill position players in Davis, Johnson, and probably Carr if he had protection. If they take Bush they still have a ****ty Oline and Carr is still going to lead the league in getting sacked.

you know, the great thing about all this is that the combines and college days havent even started yet. and theres still a couple of games to finish in college for the year if i remember correctly:cool: :cool:

anything could happen

On running backs-
I'm not sold on the idea that Chris Brown is some kind of horrible RB. I do think he has issues staying healthy and when his contract is up that he should be allowed to walk away. However, I feel that his main problem is that he is unable to hit a hole because they are not there and when they are they are small and close fast. He's not a bruiser like Henry that is going to run straight ahead. I sense that there is an enormouse amount of dissatisfaction with both backs and as a result there seems to be alot of talk here about drafting at that position. That in my opinion would be a mistake for I feel what is at the heart of the running game issues is the interior line.

The "Brick" seems like a great prospect but I realize it seems hard to commit to that position when you have the #3 overall. That's tough. However, we do need a guy like that. I am of the frame of mind that we need a quarterback very badly. Perhaps whoever owns, say, #12 spot trades with us...and we pick up an extra third...or even 2nd...I don't know what that swap is worth...we can look to get Cutler or Hawk, rest assured that "Brick" will be gone...I really don't know...I do know that whatever Reese does alot of people will be unhappy.

I read somebody's post that mentioned a Phillip Rivers deal. That is very interesting to me but I've recently heard that Brees is hurt to some extent and that the Chargers are chilling out with the trade talk. Rumor mill.

GLinks said:
You never know how much longer Tiki can do what he's doing. I don't think Brandon Jacobs was drafted to be his replacement.

Let me explain a little more -- Jersey B, the Jets' Curtis Martin held the NFL rushing title after last year. Now he's injured and RB is a priority for them, right after QB. Drafting Tiki's replacement now while he's just had his best season ever is just smart. He's already 30. Maybe he'll be a 34-year-old running back with great production. You never know. But odds are against it...so I put the Giants in that category, too.

The #3 pick certainly isnt too high of a pick to take a franchise left takle. IF, and IF, D'Brickashaw is the "Orlando Pace" or "Jon Ogden" type of left takle, the 3rd pick is worth taking him 10 fold. I dont know if he is, but with the combine and evalutions, the Titans should be able to get a good feel. Getting him also allows the Titans to clear more cap room by cutting Hopkins. At some point the Titans are going to have to beat the Colts if they want to get back to their winning ways. That means shutting down or at least slowing down Dwight Freeney, I think The Brick is a good start to doing the that. I dont think Hawk is worth that high of a pick. They can wait and get Hodge in the second round who just had a huge game today in the Outback Bowl. Titans need a Middle Linebacker worse than and OLB IMO.

GLinks said:
Well, I hate this idea, but if Houston wants to trade down and still have a good shot at Ferguson, then the best trading partner is -- us. We give them our first and a third (that we get from trading Volek or Henry, second if we get that for one of those guys, even; also, throw in an OT like Loper if necessary) and we get Bush, they get Brick before anyone else can select him - guaranteed.

The best trading partner is easily the Jets, who are in dire need of a rb, unlike us.

i think we need oline, a solid oline is where a team begins in my opinion, roos was a nice start i think he did ok this year, stewart, loper and amano. they will provide nice depth, in my opinion we still need more tackles and guards not to metion a starting centre with hartwig leaving

THE53 said:
The best trading partner is easily the Jets, who are in dire need of a rb, unlike us.

I've already said just that in a few other threads. We're the best trading partner for Houston. The Jets are the best trading partner for US.

THE53 said:

i disagree, I think we need to re-evaluate our RB position

Chris Brown disappointed the hell out of me this year
Last year he had 100yards prior to halftime in several games
this year he didn't have a single 100 yard game

blame it on Chow's scheme if you'd like......
but that's just weird

Jeff Fisher offenses REQUIRE successful running games

now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying trade up to #1 and take Bush
but if he falls to #3, dont even think about it

Agreed. It's been two years and we're still not settled at running back. Bush if he fell to #3 would be awesome. I haven't ruled DeAngelo Williams out at #3, regardless of whether or not people say it's too high for him. He's the only RB who has proven he can carry the load mostly by himself for years at a time. Maroney split time last year with Barber, and Bush and White have split time through this year.

Thought: What if Bush changes his mind and returns to USC for another year?

Puck said:
I'd still consider LenDale White
he may be better suited to JEff's "POWER" running game

Are you still talking about if he lasts until round two, or would you consider him in round one?

I think we will take hawk at #3 he's a beast. I really dont see anyone really wanting to trade with us except the jets to either grab young if he comes out or deangelo or lawrence marouny or the packers to take hawk.

I hope hawk comes to tennessee next year. I think that would fix alot of our problems especially our running defence problems. I think mcnair will come back and we will sign a vet wide out. We could draft Lendal in the second. I think he would fit our old eddie george straight up running offence and go back to our old winning ways. I say we release williams and vinny fuller starts there next year along next to lamont. We sign KVB to a long term deal and our d-line will be set. We could possibly pick up a lt or rt in the free agency and we would go back to our winning ways.

GLinks said:
Are you still talking about if he lasts until round two, or would you consider him in round one?

ya know what,... it would have to be LATER in the round

like if we woulda traded with San Diego

I'm real curious as to see where White ends up

I've seen him projected to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back