Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe because I've seen how we utilize our FAs? Randy Moss you allude to, benched and blocked more than ran routes.

Those two DE clowns we picked up last year.

Dion Lewis ?

We have all this talent now, and we are putting it in the hands of a rookie.. sorry for being skeptical that he'll know what to do with them. I fully expect 1st/2nd down runs up the middle then deep routes on 3rd down to be the norm.

I'd rather Tannehill call the offense.

You are comparing Julio Jones to Dion Lewis?!?! LMAO

maybe because I've seen how we utilize our FAs? Randy Moss you allude to, benched and blocked more than ran routes.

Dion Lewis ?

We have all this talent now, and we are putting it in the hands of a rookie.. sorry for being skeptical that he'll know what to do with them. I fully expect 1st/2nd down runs up the middle then deep routes on 3rd down to be the norm.

How did we utilize Delanie Walker? Brian Orakpo? Wesley Woodyard?

I keep seeing people say he is the reason Del Rio got fired. I don't watch Raider football so I wouldn't have a clue.

Well that whole team was a colossal failure. But LeFleur wasn’t successful here and he’s been doing just fine in GB. Cant just a guy off of 1 year. Especially in an organization like the Raiders.

Dion Lewis ?

Dude, for every bust FA signing we've had, I can name 2+ good ones. That's the NFL.

You can choose to be pessimistic, but Downing isn't a rookie OC and has a ton more experience than Arthur Smith had when he took over. He got Derrick Carr, Derrick FREAKING Carr, to 3 straight Pro Bowls, including in his lone season as OC.

He also got a 5,000 yard and 40TD season out of Matt Stafford.

Obviously the past doesn't guarantee future success, but I choose to be more optimistic.

As compared to keeping your draft picks and spending the money elsewhere?

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited and optimistic but he's 32 and has missed games as of late. It's not without risk.

I'm a lifelong Bama fan as well

Yeah nothing is without risk here; Tanny is getting up there, King is in his prime and AJ didn't have a true buddy WR2 to pair with him - not even mentioning the fact the we have a very good TE2 as our only primary weapon at that position. They needed a playmaker , the window won't be open for very long - it made sense to pull the trigger.

The risk is if he ends up like Moss did in the one year he was here then well we're in trouble - but the benefit (SB contending team) fully outweighs that IMO.

seriously, if we didnt know anything about the trade talks, Julio stays in Atlanta. Next season he has a 1k+ season, then it comes out that we could have had him for a 2nd and a 4th, people would be going into riot mode.

You can't not take the chance for a 2nd and 4th.

Yeah nothing is without risk here; Tanny is getting up there, King is in his prime and AJ didn't have a true buddy WR2 to pair with him - not even mentioning the fact the we have a very good TE2 as our only primary weapon at that position. They needed a playmaker , the window won't be open for very long - it made sense to pull the trigger.

The risk is if he ends up like Moss did in the one year he was here then well we're in trouble - but the benefit (SB contending team) fully outweighs that IMO.
Not sure Tannehill is "getting up there" he's 32
5 more years?
Adding Jones helps Firkser as well

Outside of an injury, I find the likelihood of this turning into a Moss situation fairly slim:
- Moss was traded for a few games into the season, so he had no time to get integrated with the team;
- Moss had effectively quit caring by that point;
- Jeff Fisher was the coach

Outside of an injury, I find the likelihood of this turning into a Moss situation fairly slim:
- Moss was traded for a few games into the season, so he had no time to get integrated with the team;
- Moss had effectively quit caring by that point;
- Jeff Fisher was the coach

lol yeah I didn't mean to compare the two that wasn't my original point but you are right- very different circumstances in that regard

Not sure Tannehill is "getting up there" he's 32
5 more years?
Adding Jones helps Firkser as well

Yeahhh , ill give you that. I guess I am going off the elite. The elite will age like a fine wine ala Brady and Rodgers and the higher they get doesn't really matter - they are still going to win. Tanny is in the very, very good category not elite so I guess I am basing it off a few more very solid years left in him - anything after 2023 and beyond is gravy.

I think Josh Reynolds and firk have good years this year. You just can't focus on anything else when you have Jones, brown and Henry all on the field. Add to this that our wrs and tes are all bigger guys that can block, it's going to be almost impossible to stop Henry. I'm very excited for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back