Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go look at the option for Corey Davis was higher than Julio Jones salary, the go look at the 3 yr deal Julio has left with us, then go look at the Jets 3 yr deal for Davis. Julio is cheaper this year and the next 2 years! And Davis has been hurt more than Julio and is much younger!

Thank you J-Rob! We are much better and if defense is just below average close to average we have a shot now!

I'm not as hot for this deal as many of you. I'm not saying it is a bad deal just not a slam dunk.

1. Julio's reign as an elite receiver may have ended. He had a 5 year run from 2014-2018 where he averaged almost 1600 yards a season. Now at age 32 he might be more of a 900 yard a season guy for the next 2-3 years.

2. Expensive. They are talking about a 2nd and a 5th. His annual cap hit the 3 years left in his contract is $12.5M a year. If he averages 900 yards a season he will be well worth it but injuries could erode that. He only had 51 catches last year.

Certainly Julio will be a nice guy to have if AJ goes down with an injury and Julio along with AJ and Josh Reynolds can be a dangerous trio.

Take into account how expensive a good WR is these days.

Kenny Galladay signed an $18M a year deal with the giants. Yikes. Good player but was coming off an injury year.

Corey Davis was not nearly as expensive with the Jets. His deal was just $12.3M a year and the third year salary is not guaranteed with a small SB.

Who would you rather have Corey Davis age 26-28 or Julio Jones age 32-34? Cap hit for both is about the same and Corey would have cost us no draft picks.

Go look at the option for Corey Davis was higher than Julio Jones salary, the go look at the 3 yr deal Julio has left with us, then go look at the Jets 3 yr deal for Davis. Julio is cheaper this year and the next 2 years! And Davis has been hurt more than Julio and is much younger!

Thank you J-Rob! We are much better and if defense is just below average close to average we have a shot now!

huh?

Corey is 6 years younger than Julio and would have cost us nothing in draft picks. Why did you not mention that?

As for contract we could have still worked a 3-4 year deal with Davis.

Kenny Galladay signed an $18M a year deal with the giants. Yikes. Good player but was coming off an injury year.

Corey Davis was not nearly as expensive with the Jets. His deal was just $12.3M a year and the third year salary is not guaranteed with a small SB.

Who would you rather have Corey Davis age 26-28 or Julio Jones age 32-34? Cap hit for both is about the same and Corey would have cost us no draft picks.

You're assuming Corey wanted to resign here. It appears perhaps he was eager for a chance to be top dog somewhere.

You're assuming Corey wanted to resign here. It appears perhaps he was eager for a chance to be top dog somewhere.

We are a playoff team with a good QB and many good players on offense. Why would he rather play with the Jets and a rookie QB? He did not get a great deal there.

We are a playoff team with a good QB and many good players on offense. Why would he rather play with the Jets and a rookie QB? He did not get a great deal there.

Oh I think it was a dumbass decision, assuming we offered him a deal.

But who knows? I can certainly see where he felt being the number 2 receiver on a run first team doesn't give him an adequate chance to increase his value.

Maybe he wanted to live in New York.

Who knows? But you can't just assume we had the option of getting him at all, or on the same deal the jets got.

I'd rather have Julio. Julio was still pacing for 90 catches and 1300 yards last season. Add long as he's healthy, be should be a considerable improvement over Corey Davis, who I would argue is a much more of a risk to get injured given his past.

I'm not as hot for this deal as many of you. I'm not saying it is a bad deal just not a slam dunk.

1. Julio's reign as an elite receiver may have ended. He had a 5 year run from 2014-2018 where he averaged almost 1600 yards a season. Now at age 32 he might be more of a 900 yard a season guy for the next 2-3 years.

2. Expensive. They are talking about a 2nd and a 5th. His annual cap hit the 3 years left in his contract is $12.5M a year. If he averages 900 yards a season he will be well worth it but injuries could erode that. He only had 51 catches last year.

Certainly Julio will be a nice guy to have if AJ goes down with an injury and Julio along with AJ and Josh Reynolds can be a dangerous trio.

Lol he had 800 yards almost in just 9 games last season.

the guy has played in 135 of 160 games in his career. That’s 84% for an oft injured position too.

Corey Davis played in 48 of 64 games. 75%.

Give me the hall of fame WR later in his career over the WR who has never eclipsed 1,000 yards receiving.

Y’all spent years complaining about Corey’s production and now you’d rather sign him to the same contract as Julio Jones? Lol some of y’all on here are absolutely WILD.

We had Davis ands saw his inability to beat single coverage against good CBs. He isn't a bad WR but he is a #2 and now we have 2 legit #1 guys. Also a nice hedge if we lose Brown for any period.

The offense is stacked and not just because of Julio. Evans and Hill give us a stacked RB group with play makers besides Henry and Evans gives us another element to the passing game. We also should be well upgraded at both OT positions compared to what we had last year going into the playoffs. Lewan being back is huge and after watching some of Kelly I realized how bad he was last year. Kelly was not a good zone run blocker lacking the agility and quickness and while not a swinging gate in pass pro he did struggle against better edge guys.

Lol he had 800 yards almost in just 9 games last season.

the guy has played in 135 of 160 games in his career. That’s 84% for an oft injured position too.

Corey Davis played in 48 of 64 games. 75%.
Yep and there were plenty of those 48 games where he was "banged up" "dealing with lingering injury" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back