Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 20 but I just do not think he is top 5. And he misses to much time. May come down, I am afraid, to Big Jeff or Brown.

I would take Big Jeff he is going to be next Aaron Donald
Agree on Simmons...would love to draft Burks, the next AJ Brown lol...doubt he's there at 26

As great as A.J. Brown is. He has not put up T. Hill or Adams numbers and he has missed some time. I would think and hope that he will accept a fair deal. He is a franchise player for us

AJ hasn't put up those numbers mostly because we're a run heavy team. He is, I believe, top 6 in TD catches since he entered the league, despite missing 7 games over this span.

Our offense can't afford to lose AJ. Henry won't last much longer. And we have a terrible history of drafting WRs. We need to get it done.

Are there any free agent OL left worth grabbing?
Yea, it seems like there are a couple decent options still out there. I'm cool with either of the Turner guards. There are a few Tackles left too.

I also don't hate the idea of brining back Quess. Should be cheap. He held is own and you would think he would only get better with another year as the starter. Dennis Kelly is a FA too, right? Solid depth.

Great franchise players don't give team friendly deals do they?

What is Browns market? 20-25 mil per year?
Look, I love AJ. He's the most exciting receiver we've had since... pre-injury Kenny Britt? Ever, maybe?

That said, he's not worth $20. I'll ok seeing him walk. Go get your bag homie, but its ok if it isn't here.

I wouldn't pay any non QB, and a few DEs, more than $20M. If someone can do the analytics I'm sure they'd prove it isn't worth it.

For prospective, Tom Brady is making $25M per year. Who wins Super Bowls? Tom Brady does. I could be wrong on this, but I have a feeling Brady has never been the highest paid QB in the league. Why? He understands it takes a team.

Will Adams be as good without Rogers? Doubt it. Will Hill be as good without Mahomes? Doubt it. Can they be gamebreakers that will win you a game? Maybe. Will the Raiders and Dolphins win a Super Bowl? Doubt it.

Look, I love AJ. He's the most exciting receiver we've had since... pre-injury Kenny Britt? Ever, maybe?

That said, he's not worth $20. I'll ok seeing him walk. Go get your bag homie, but its ok if it isn't here.

I wouldn't pay any non QB, and a few DEs, more than $20M. If someone can do the analytics I'm sure they'd prove it isn't worth it.

For prospective, Tom Brady is making $25M per year. Who wins Super Bowls? Tom Brady does. I could be wrong on this, but I have a feeling Brady has never been the highest paid QB in the league. Why? He understands it takes a team.

Will Adams be as good without Rogers? Doubt it. Will Hill be as good without Mahomes? Doubt it. Can they be gamebreakers that will win you a game? Maybe. Will the Raiders and Dolphins win a Super Bowl? Doubt it.
I agree with you but they are worth what someone is willing to pay...I hope we keep Brown but not at the expense of other positions

The salary cap should be going down not up...the salaries are getting ridiculous, for QBs or whatever...nobody should be making 30-50 million per year...it's out of control, we've all become immune to these contracts, it's sad...they're just athletes!

I think brown has the talent and shown the ability to be worth that $20 mil if that’s what top WR are getting just not for the current Tennessee system of offense.

fully agree on your premise. For example, in KC, they don’t really use their RB and it’s just an “insert RB here” style and pass the ball, so to me it’s more value for them to invest in a $20 mil WR than titans.

I agree with you but they are worth what someone is willing to pay...I hope we keep Brown but not at the expense of other positions

The salary cap should be going down not up...the salaries are getting ridiculous, for QBs or whatever...nobody should be making 30-50 million per year...it's out of control, we've all become immune to these contracts, it's sad...they're just athletes!
I’m ok with the players across the board getting more from the abundant profit the NFL is taking in but I agree, it’s pretty positionally raised vice everyone.

I think that QB cost has multiple factors, for starters, just look around these boards to see how many people think you live and die by the QB play. Match that with the draft every year when QBs slide up the board for no real apparent reason. Match that with how much teams are willing to trade for even mediocre QBs.

I’m still a firm believer in a turnover free QB can be part of a winning team and there’s no reason to break the bank on QB. Many disagree with my sentiment.

On another note... Davante Parker for a 6th, maybe a 5th anyone? 29 years old. Two years left on his contract making $9m per year. Maybe get the Dolphins to eat part of that. Should have some chemistry with Tanny.

On another note... Davante Parker for a 6th, maybe a 5th anyone? 29 years old. Two years left on his contract making $9m per year. Maybe get the Dolphins to eat part of that. Should have some chemistry with Tanny.
He had a couple of years with Tannehill, not huge stats but some history...what happened to Kenny Stills? He had better stats with Tannehill, although only a couple of seasons as well

I’m ok with the players across the board getting more from the abundant profit the NFL is taking in but I agree, it’s pretty positionally raised vice everyone.

I think that QB cost has multiple factors, for starters, just look around these boards to see how many people think you live and die by the QB play. Match that with the draft every year when QBs slide up the board for no real apparent reason. Match that with how much teams are willing to trade for even mediocre QBs.

I’m still a firm believer in a turnover free QB can be part of a winning team and there’s no reason to break the bank on QB. Many disagree with my sentiment.
Case in point

Drew Rosenhaus on Tyreek Hill trade: Davante Adams' contract 'flipped everything upside down'

You're right, but worth from demand does not equal worth from value on field. We're paying $5 per gallon because of supply and demand, but we all know it isn't worth $5.

I hope we keep him too, but his value is not worth $20 million. I think MAYBE Adams is worth $20M but only if he stayed in GB. Hill MAYBE wroth $20m with Mahomes. But I don't think either's value is 15% of the salary cap with their new teams. I'm sorry but in my fan opinion, AJ is not worth $20 million, and especially not with Tannehill or any QB running the Titans offense.

I can’t stand the domino effect garbage either. People get new contracts based off what another person gets and often, it’s seems like a direct comparison between the 2 isn’t made but more like where a person would fall positional paid among like positions. To me, that’s a stupid way to negotiate.
For example, adams getting overpaid by LV should not immediately mean other teams agree to over pay for Hill. If they’re willing to pay, I guess that’s on them but it shouldn’t be used as “the bar” at a later negotiation.

we can argue Adams put up numbers to be considered the #1 WR in the league, his price is set accordingly. Hill is not #2 and is reaching a point that historically, a speed WR may start to decline. Even so, if another WR tries to use them as comparison, teams should be willing to say, “but your not as good”. That’s not a criticism if they’re saying you’re good but not the best. That should absolutely be the talk when we’re talking about a much lesser player like a #2/3 WR. That’s how bums like flacco and Eli manning broke the bank. They were never “the best” and should have never been in consideration of being paid as “the best”.
Let them sit out (I think JRob does pretty well on passing on the “overpriced” players). While it’s not discussed nearly as often when these huge contracts are announced is how that hurts the rest of the team.
Specifically for WR, you will never win a SB (or be complete failure) because of WR, so they should never be paid like they are.

You're right, but worth from demand does not equal worth from value on field. We're paying $5 per gallon because of supply and demand, but we all know it isn't worth $5.

I hope we keep him too, but his value is not worth $20 million. I think MAYBE Adams is worth $20M but only if he stayed in GB. Hill MAYBE wroth $20m with Mahomes. But I don't think either's value is 15% of the salary cap with their new teams. I'm sorry but in my fan opinion, AJ is not worth $20 million, and especially not with Tannehill or any QB running the Titans offense.
Different than the gas analogy, I think the value for a player can vary based on what the team is expected to do with said player. I posted earlier this example that Brown to Tennessee is not $20 mil value but Brown to say Packers (w/ Rogers) might be. His numbers would likely increase with rogers, including usage, over staying in Tennessee with Henry/THill/stupid Downing.

Different than the gas analogy, I think the value for a player can vary based on what the team is expected to do with said player. I posted earlier this example that Brown to Tennessee is not $20 mil value but Brown to say Packers (w/ Rogers) might be. His numbers would likely increase with rogers, including usage, over staying in Tennessee with Henry/THill/stupid Downing.
That's part of my point but I still don't think AJ is worth $20 with Rogers. At least not yet. He has some flaws that some people may not want to admit.

That said, if/when someone overpays for him, that's fine. I'll be happy and cheer him on. I just hope it isn't us.

OR he stays home with a reasonable deal. Like Landry and BDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back