Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the SNL premiere. Leslie Jones is the worst thing to happen to comedy in some time. IDK why they are featuring her so much. They've actually got a decent cast aside from her.

I had never heard of her before Ghostbusters, she seems to only play the loud ghetto woman.

I had never heard of her before Ghostbusters, she seems to only play the loud ghetto woman.
That's exactly right. I know Lorne Michaels was being pressured about black female cast members and they're clearly trying to force her into the role of major player. But she just ain't it.

50681.6a00d83451b05569e201157255f84e970b-250wi.jpg

I meant Charlie 'Darkness' Murphy of course

and yes I know the pic is Eddie. He totally nailed the claymation humor.

That was your first mistake.

I haven't watched a full episode of SNL in probably 12 years.
I've watched it ever since I was a little kid. It's just kind of a thing I do, despite how bad it may be. The frustrating thing is they do have some really good cast members right now (mostly women not named Leslie Jones) but the writing is just really bad for the most part.

There were a few pretty good sketches last night though. Then they decided to make the second half of the show the Leslie Jones Comedy Hour and so it ended on a terrible note. Maybe she's actually connecting with some people? IDK, it's a crazy world. But IMO she is flat out painful to watch and her shtick has been done a million times before.

I really enjoyed the Fear the WD finale. Overall a really solid series imo.

Agreed.
To me that was the best episode of either WD for a long, long time. And it worked because the let things simmer to a boil. Ie - they worked the drama naturally.
It was tense and it was kinda scary. Strand can be a great character. I hope he sticks it out for a while..
And unfortunately social media's response was "finally, an episode that didn't suck".
Ugh.
I hope they continue with the slow burn path and stay away from cartoon-like characters.

Agreed.
To me that was the best episode of either WD for a long, long time. And it worked because the let things simmer to a boil. Ie - they worked the drama naturally.
It was tense and it was kinda scary. Strand can be a great character. I hope he sticks it out for a while..
And unfortunately social media's response was "finally, an episode that didn't suck".
Ugh.
I hope they continue with the slow burn path and stay away from cartoon-like characters.
Yeah totally. I enjoyed the slow burn. While WD can start to feel somewhat tedious at times, with this I never felt my attention waning one bit.

Also.... did Strand at all remind you of a certain former Titan player?

Just so everyone is aware AMC is doing a complete TWD marathon heading into sunday evenings season opener.

set your VCRs for 'the grove'. Total stand alone episode and IMO one of the hardest to watch TV episodes ever, but in a good way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back