Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone keeping up with The Leftovers?

Season two started last week. And of course it just is more confusing than ever.

But, I like it. Anyone else?

I think you missed it by about ten years, because you're ten years older than I am and I can't imagine having liked it if I were ten years older.
So... it's not so much a good show or really "classic"... it's nostalgic.

Much like Saved By The Bell is terrible... but nostalgic!

So... it's not so much a good show or really "classic"... it's nostalgic.

Much like Saved By The Bell is terrible... but nostalgic!
No. I don't consider Rocket Time good because it doesn't appeal to me. People younger than me love it.

People consider Three's Company to be a classic. I don't care for it. I'm sure if I grew up with it I would be able to appreciate it.

You weren't their target audience. I don't see why you would have liked it.

No. I don't consider Rocket Time good because it doesn't appeal to me. People younger than me love it.

People consider Three's Company to be a classic. I don't care for it. I'm sure if I grew up with it I would be able to appreciate it.

You weren't their target audience. I don't see why you would have liked it.
Nostalgic to a particular era/age.

Andy Griffith Show is a classic because it appeals to multiple eras and ages, still.

Still those that don't like it, but a large variety do. Classic.

Classic gets thrown around too much... really just nostalgic

Diggle's costume is fine, his helmet isn't. It just doesn't seem to fit.
The helmet is the most noticeable part of the costume though. Looking like some broke @$$ wannabe Magneto.

Oh, and damn Diggle is swole. He seemed noticeably bigger than previous seasons.

Anyone keeping up with The Leftovers?

Season two started last week. And of course it just is more confusing than ever.

But, I like it. Anyone else?

I posted on the this a page before..
That first episode piqued my interest more than anything in season one.
The "Fireman" looks like he is going to be a pretty great villain.

Anybody watch AHS last night?

Yeah.. I really wanted to not watch it but the wife insisted - and dammit it was pretty good.
They had to go and do a wondrous bit incorporating that freaking great She Wants Revenge tune mashup with Nosferatu - and though I know literally squat about Lady Gaga, but she was pretty effectively demonic. Whoever put together that sequence did a fantastic job.

I will say this - almost every season of this show has started off with a good first episode then literally lost their way for the rest of the season - and this one may be no different. And it is almost comedic how often they will outright steal scenes, bits and dialog from horror films etc. and there were a few undeniable moments of that in this episode - w The Shining taking the most hits here..

Yeah.. I really wanted to not watch it but the wife insisted - and dammit it was pretty good.
They had to go and do a wondrous bit incorporating that freaking great She Wants Revenge tune mashup with Nosferatu - and though I know literally squat about Lady Gaga, but she was pretty effectively demonic. Whoever put together that sequence did a fantastic job.

I will say this - almost every season of this show has started off with a good first episode then literally lost their way for the rest of the season - and this one may be no different. And it is almost comedic how often they will outright steal scenes, bits and dialog from horror films etc. and there were a few undeniable moments of that in this episode - w The Shining taking the most hits here..
I didn't even know the song but agree that scene was great. Probably the most memorable of the episode.

And yes the Shining nods were rather blatant. Overall I love the series but it can be a pretty mixed bag from week to week.

Yeah, it's a ****** helmet.
I would've liked to see him just get the standard hood costume but in black. That helmet is wack. So wack that it made me say wack for the time in 15 years.

Yeah I noticed that as well. He's packing some guns.
Yeah I mean he was always big but dude was looking like the Rock in last night's episode.

I would've liked to see him just get the standard hood costume but in black. That helmet is wack. So wack that it made me say wack for the time in 15 years.

I think he's meant to be some version of Guardian.

Guardian_Mal_Duncan_Earth-16_001.jpg

lol. He said that the helmets gonna do all kinds of cool things in an Interview...im really setting expectations ocean floor low for this season of arrow. They just needs scrap it and give it to Netflix so murderous Ollie can come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back