Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arrow
Of course we're supposed to hate Lance, but I'm gonna give props for creating a character who is a textbook case "dry drunk" ( recently recovering alcoholic).

Thought WD was really good tonight.

Watching FtWD for a few weeks then right into this really gives you perspective on just how much WD really is a super hero show. The latest hero has a fighting stick.
It was good episode:
too bad Nick Papageorgio had to buy it in his first episode.

Watching FtWD for a few weeks then right into this really gives you perspective on just how much WD really is a super hero show. The latest hero has a fighting stick.
Yeah for sure. The two shows have totally different vibes at this point.

It was good episode:
too bad Nick Papageorgio had to buy it in his first episode.
Nick Papageorgio from Yuma!

Man dude has aged since the last time I saw him.

Yeah for sure. The two shows have totally different vibes at this point.

Nick Papageorgio from Yuma!

Man dude has aged since the last time I saw him.

Yeah he was in one of the Harold and Kumar movies and looked like he had aged a bunch even then. In two years he will officially be older than Chevy Chase.
One of the other Rustys (Jason Lively - who I think is the original) worked a con table next to us earlier this year. He is known in the horror circles for the epic Night of The Creeps. Total goofball - who makes his money these days hocking popcorn balls at weekend swap shops etc. Ironically - his sister Blake is some big Hollywood deal now.. Time was also hard on him.

As much as I really want to remain bitter, Gotham was really solid yet again.

Still no Jerome though.....
lNviKU.gif

This is why I hated the idea of Gotham going the joker route. (I'll go light on spoilers)

1. Seemed like a desperate play to get viewership up. I liked Gotham the second time around because I could actually just binge, waiting weekly when the pace of the show was so slow was a killer. So hey let's throw in the idea of maybe the Joker coming into play.

2. Now here's the problem. Joker doesn't really have an origin. So either I'm going to be mad about a TV show not even centered around Batman that may be cancelled within 2 years is creating an origin story or he's not really the Joker.

3. What we saw at the beginning of this season was my worst fear. They made it even worse by basically making him a symbol. So really, it's someone watching the news at home and hearing a laugh. That scene was pretty brutal.

However, the show is better this year. Just wish they didn't get involved with the Joker aspect.

This is why I hated the idea of Gotham going the joker route. (I'll go light on spoilers)

1. Seemed like a desperate play to get viewership up. I liked Gotham the second time around because I could actually just binge, waiting weekly when the pace of the show was so slow was a killer. So hey let's throw in the idea of maybe the Joker coming into play.

2. Now here's the problem. Joker doesn't really have an origin. So either I'm going to be mad about a TV show not even centered around Batman that may be cancelled within 2 years is creating an origin story or he's not really the Joker.

3. What we saw at the beginning of this season was my worst fear. They made it even worse by basically making him a symbol. So really, it's someone watching the news at home and hearing a laugh. That scene was pretty brutal.

However, the show is better this year. Just wish they didn't get involved with the Joker aspect.
Respect your stance but i see it as an entirely different world than the comics. Therefore i didnt mind the origin story.

Theres plenty about the show that doesnt jive with the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back