Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respect your stance but i see it as an entirely different world than the comics. Therefore i didnt mind the origin story.

Theres plenty about the show that doesnt jive with the comics.

Yeah it's a different universe compared to everything but it's such a fine line to walk when dealing with the most famous villain in all of the comics. It just came off as desperate. The actor did a good job, just rubbed me wrong how they tied his character up.

I'm pretty sure that the producers of Gotham said there were gonna be lots of red herrings. They started in right off the bat by putting a Barbara Gordon in a clock tower apartment but she's not Oracle. Jerome is not the Joker, but he starts the downward spiral of senseless crime in Gotham. The Red Hood was a red herring also. I think you gotta just forget the comic stories and accept this as alternate universe.

I'm pretty sure that the producers of Gotham said there were gonna be lots of red herrings. They started in right off the bat by putting a Barbara Gordon in a clock tower apartment but she's not Oracle. Jerome is not the Joker, but he starts the downward spiral of senseless crime in Gotham. The Red Hood was a red herring also. I think you gotta just forget the comic stories and accept this as alternate universe.
ya...i mean I'm no comic guy, and none of that really stood out to me, but like w penguin n his mom...as much as I remember his rich parents sent his freak ass down a river n he never knew them.

I read Nova/Captain America & Falcon/Iron Man/Tarzan (marvel)/Star Wars as a kid.

I am enjoying Gotham as a cheesey fun thing

TWD season premiere

NOT A SPOILER

I think rewatching I will appreciate the way the episode was done. With the flashbacks in B&W and 'now' in color. Probably the best way to tell the story but I am not gonna lie I found it annoying when I watched it. Again it will make rewatching better I am sure.

Not entirely true... James Gordon was/is married to a Barbara Gordon who is not the Batgirl/Oracle.

The rest, true.

ya...i mean I'm no comic guy, and none of that really stood out to me, but like w penguin n his mom...as much as I remember his rich parents sent his freak ass down a river n he never knew them.
That was merely the Tim Burton movie origin... not the comic Penguin's origin.

Does anyone watch The Leftovers? Thinking of starting that show.

LOL - there are so many superhero posts here that the 10 times Leftovers have been brought up in the last month seem like none..
Yes, watching season 2 now - which is already a lot better than season 1.
If you want a new show though - go with The Knick. Just plain outstanding stuff.

LOL - there are so many superhero posts here that the 10 times Leftovers have been brought up in the last month seem like none..
Yes, watching season 2 now - which is already a lot better than season 1.
If you want a new show though - go with The Knick. Just plain outstanding stuff.

Ah gotcha. I haven't been checking in on this thread as much until this week and didn't go back to read everything so yeah didn't realize it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back