Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing like X-Files had been on TV before.

No so fast my friend.. The direct inspiration for The X Files..

Kolchak%20poster%202.jpg

I still say they need to ax a main character or two as they just have way too many "heros" at this point. Show was at its best when it was just Oliver, Diggle and Felicity working together.
To add to this...
You just KNOW the gay black guy eventually becomes part of the team as the "gadget guy". Last thing this show needs is another damn team member.

Calm down, Cruds; we're all friends here and it's no big deal. You know I luv ya and you and I usually agree on most things; we both like art...both are socially liberal...we're both huge Rush fans...etc. But I totally disagree with your complaint on this subject. I'm not gonna search for the quote from my phone here but your complaint is that your fave shows and subjects "got buried" by SH show posts, and now you're mad at those shows for having fans. If ANYONE ELSE had made this same complaint you would've charged them with Veruca Salting the issue. You know it, I know it and the American People know it. The problem is NOT SH shows; the problem is that YOUR colleagues in fandom are not participating. No, it is NOT reasonable to insist that this be settled by creating a separate, isolationist thread. Try PM'ing your fellow fans and asking them to participate more.

Pretty sure he's actually a comic book character, so yeah.
Ah.... I've never followed the Green Arrow comics. That sucks though. It's already ridiculous enough with everybody in the know.

I'm definitely sticking with it throughout the rest of the season but the show continues on this trajectory it may be my last.

Ah.... I've never followed the Green Arrow comics. That sucks though. It's already ridiculous enough with everybody in the know.

I'm definitely sticking with it throughout the rest of the season but the show continues on this trajectory it may be my last.

Next season is probably going to be the last regardless.

Next season is probably going to be the last regardless.
Oh really? Has there been some suggestion to that effect?

I just figured since shows like Supernatural and Vampire Diaries have ran so long they'd squeeze every last dollar out of Flash and Arrow as well.

Oh really? Has there been some suggestion to that effect?

I just figured since shows like Supernatural and Vampire Diaries have ran so long they'd squeeze every last dollar out of Flash and Arrow as well.

Well they probably will. But iirc they wanted to show the story of his 5 years on the island.
Naturally with it's popularity, they will probably squeeze it out but I believe that was the initial intention.

As for Flash, that will be interesting because he will be in the JL movie and DC don't like having two different versions of the same character at the same time (which is why Deadshot was "killed")

Ya know, I totally understand that, but...you gotta remember that GA isn't a superhero; he's a skilled vigilante, and he isn't skilled in THAT many things and can't be everywhere at once. Since this has all moved far beyond his original list of Dad's Targets, it woukd me an even more ridiculous show if he did everything alone.

Ya know, I totally understand that, but...you gotta remember that GA isn't a superhero; he's a skilled vigilante, and he isn't skilled in THAT many things and can't be everywhere at once. Since this has all moved far beyond his original list of Dad's Targets, it woukd me an even more ridiculous show if he did everything alone.
Yeah I get that. It's really not even the "team" aspect I mind. I mean it makes sense for him to have a skilled hacker and even a gadget guy. And yes even backup like Diggle. But with Thea and Laurel both being borderline superheroes now it's all just getting too convoluted and ridiculous imo. I think it's getting too far away from what made the first two seasons so special.

Yeah, having Laurel become Black Canary rather than Sara was the point when everything unraveled. Thea had an archery trophy in S1E1 and she was trained by Merlyn so I can suspend a bit of disbelief for that, but Laurel just sucks and her defenders insist that this is misogyny towards Katie Cassidy exclusively. No...the character just fuggin sucks and makes no sense.

She has defenders? LOL thats surprising. She is one of the most uninteresting TV characters Ive ever encountered.

The Speedy character isnt so bad. I think if they just got rid of Laurel everything would be good. There's simply too many costumed heroes. If Canary and Speedy were just occasional appearances it would be better. Having 4 heroes in every single episode is just overkill. Its supposed to be a show about Green Arrow, not Team Arrow.

I started watching it for the first time ever a few months back. Definitely did not age well. In fact I thought it flat out sucked. I gave up halfway through the 2nd season.

From what Id heard s2 and 3 are some of the best and I was not impressed with s2 one bit so I threw in the towel.

I'm kinda where you are now. I'm about halfway through season 2 and the stories are just lacking and it's like they kill off one role and bring the role back next season. I'm going to push through this season and give season 3 a chance. I would like to catch up so I can watch the new season coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back