Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Arrow goes, not sure what happened Wednesday night. After I give this season praise they throw up a very meh episode. I'm convinced the writers have never talked to a girl before because they don't know how to write any of the female characters.

-Diggle has to lose the helmet

-Sara? Really? So we're going to cheapen death even more in this show?

-It's amazing how Flash can get through a personal issue between characters in one episode, two at most, and it's really well done. Meanwhile, Arrow can take a good chunk of episodes or even half a season and it's still not very well put together.

-I kinda feel bad for Stephen Amell. He's a great guy and a pretty good actor but this serious tone of Green Arrow doesn't fit his style and his writers and supporting cast kinda suck.

I see Gotham and Agents of Shield take a huge step up and Flash is off to a good start as well,but it's almost like Arrow is declining despite being the longest running show of the bunch and kinda paved the way for comic shows having success, well recently.

Yeah I get that. It's really not even the "team" aspect I mind. I mean it makes sense for him to have a skilled hacker and even a gadget guy. And yes even backup like Diggle. But with Thea and Laurel both being borderline superheroes now it's all just getting too convoluted and ridiculous imo. I think it's getting too far away from what made the first two seasons so special.

The Flash having a team makes sense. Cisco is the tech and gadget guy, Joe is his inside to the police force, and everyone else kinda rotates in with help solving a meta-human crisis (Stein, Caitlin). Arrow, for the most part, takes on street level guys and ninjas. I'm not sure what Diggle and everyone else really brings to the table. Felicity is a must and maybe one side kick but not 4 lousy ones.

From what I gather, Arrow started sucking with the character issues because Marc Guggenheim started writing by proxy for his teen girl followers on Twitter. It is they who decided that Felicity was going to be a regular and replace Laurel and / or Sara as Oliver's sig O. Whether or not it was him specifically, this is still not the way to produce a show.

I'm disappointed in myself for not having watched more AHS. I've only seen "Murder House" and about a quarter of "Coven". Had to skip "Asylum" because that's too disturbing a subject for me. "Freak Show" looks awesome.

I'm disappointed in myself for not having watched more AHS. I've only seen "Murder House" and about a quarter of "Coven". Had to skip "Asylum" because that's too disturbing a subject for me. "Freak Show" looks awesome.
As of right now the first season is still my favorite. Asylum was certainly the most disturbing IMO so if you already have a proclivity to avoid that type of subject matter then you made the right decision.

I've enjoyed every season though. I even liked Coven, which most people seemed to hate. It was definitely lighter on the horror than the other seasons but I still enjoyed the story. Freak Show had the coolest setting but had some issues as well.

All in all, this is one of my favorite series currently running.

I bailed after season 2. Too much ridiculous 24 style plots. Too unrealistic.

Any reason I should catch up?
Nah. First two seasons were the best by far so if you felt the need to bail after season 2 then I don't think anything which has happened since would change your mind.

I still enjoy it but it's gone downhill.

Man Showtime always seems to ruin their shows. The only one that seems not to have dropped to me is Shameless. Although I can understand that show not being for everyone.

Only ones I've ever really kept up with are Homeland, Dexter and Weeds. But yeah, they all fell off after 2-4 seasons. I'm not sure its really a Showtime problem but just more of an American television problem in general. We tend to run our shows into the ground in an effort to milk every single cent from the property.

I really respect when creators/producers call it quits on a high note before the show becomes a shell of what it once was. Those instances seem to be pretty few and far between though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back