Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the first episode or two of Breaking Bad, stopping and saying it was okay is like going to Morton's, ordering a filet mignon - eating a bite of the salad, walking out - then telling people "dinner was okay".

Watch The Wire. Best TV show ever. Period. Hands down. Do not believe me? Then ask GoT.

I'm with you on that - but it's not a show for everyone.
Shoot we got hundreds of "gay for" posts here about a CW show starring male models in tights.
Better to just enjoy The Wire and make a mental note..

Watch The Wire. Best TV show ever. Period. Hands down. Do not believe me? Then ask GoT.

I'm on season 3 episode 2 of The Wire.

I haven't cared for it too much so far. I like it, but I don't get the hype and how it's considered better than Breaking Bad.

Maybe it picks up in season 3 like BB did.

I'm on season 3 episode 2 of The Wire.

I haven't cared for it too much so far. I like it, but I don't get the hype and how it's considered better than Breaking Bad.

Maybe it picks up in season 3 like BB did.

Season 4 is sick. Season three they introduce Marlo who is way more hardcore than Avon Barksdale. Method Man also starts to have a bigger role.

The Wire centers far more in the real-life realm than BB (being based off actual Baltimore street figures). It's not fair to compare them as supposing to be similar.
BB is probably wilder and a more fantastic tale, but The Wire is of a completely different level of social importance.
I'd personally say Wire seasons 1-4 are near perfection and each makes a resounding social statement.
The acting and direction are equally fantastic in both shows and both shows are rich with dramatic characters.
If you've burned thru two seasons and don't like it I can predict it won't get better for you in coming seasons. Come back to it when you are 35 and I assure you it will make a different impact on you.

Season 4 is sick. Season three they introduce Marlo who is way more hardcore than Avon Barksdale. Method Man also starts to have a bigger role.

Marlo is a douchebag. I wish Omar would have ended him.
I see that Chris Partlow is now on 24. Not the same, but its nice to see him working..

Marlo is a douchebag. I wish Omar would have ended him.
I see that Chris Partlow is now on 24. Not the same, but its nice to see him working..

Chris always seemed like such a nice guy. But he wasn't. He was a horrible person. What he did to Andre's mom and what he did to Butchie. That was bad.

And Marlo is a douchebag. That is what makes it so interesting.

Chris always seemed like such a nice guy. But he wasn't. He was a horrible person. What he did to Andre's mom and what he did to Butchie. That was bad.

And Marlo is a douchebag. That is what makes it so interesting.

Chris is a monster.
Probably the most evil soul in that crew.
I enjoyed Marlow as a douchebag - but I side fully with the Barksdale crew.
I was crushed when they killed Bodie. Crushed.

Oh and Michael is in some TV commercial looking all Lenny Kravitz..
And of course Wallace is going to be the new Human Torch.

Omar was really good in Boardwalk Empire. Playing a somewhat similar character. A stoic gangster with a moral code. Herc also turns up on the show in Season 4 as Al Capone's oldest brother.

Ever see Oz? Lots of guys from that show went to The Wire: Carver, Cedric, Bodie and some others I cannot remember right now.

Chris is a monster.
Probably the most evil soul in that crew.
I enjoyed Marlow as a douchebag - but I side fully with the Barksdale crew.
I was crushed when they killed Brody. Crushed.

10 most tragic deaths from The Wire:

Do not agree with some of it. Especially number 10, Michael's stepfather. Frank is only number 8. I would have had him much higher. Prop Joe is 5 which is probably about right. Wallace is number 2 and Body is number 1.

Most tragic deaths:
Bodie
Wallace
DeAngelo
Frank Sobatka

Many of the others were hard to take but these guys were good souls caught in a tragic world.
The rest were all in the game, yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back