Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first two seasons were great. Unfortunately it just wasn't the same without Andy Whitfield.
Yeah, i read primary actor from first two seasons got cancer and unfortunately past away. I agree it did take some luster off the show bringing in a new primary actor but regardless the storyline, action fighting scenes and good amount of naked hot women kept me entertained...Crixus, crixus, crixus!

Have you heard the owl theory lol?

An "owl society" came out and said the injuries to the back of her head were consistent with an owl attack.

It's hard to imagine that much blood from a fall. That alone always made me think he was guilty. I'm not an investigator but something just didnt add up as I watched more. I also, based on what I saw, have a hard time believing he did it with the "weapon" that showed up.

He would have had to done it light enough to break the skin but not harm the skull and let her bleed to death.

They found a piece of a feather in her hand but didnt think anything about it at the time.

Just thought it was interesting
I hadn't heard that but just read up on it. Ya know, it's actually not completely implausible.

Last edited by a moderator:
More on The Staircase......

I'm only 5 or 6 episodes in right now. So far I haven't heard any real compelling evidence that he did it. That said.... there is just something sleazy/off about the guy. It does seem a crazy result of falling down the stairs. But I think the whole they just drank two entire bottles of wine thing is not being treated with enough relevance. And didn't she have a cocktail of prescription drugs in her system as well? It's really not that crazy.

Just now really getting into the actual trial stuff but so far a lot of the state's "experts" are downright laughable. The one woman who said it's impossible to get injured under the eye by falling down the stairs because there is "bone protruding to protect that area". Like WTF? That doesn't even begin to make sense. And then the blood spatter analyst who just did experiments from various directions with various levels of intensity until he got the results he wanted. He sure as shit ain't no Dexter.

Regardless of whether or not MP did it, it's super frustrating to see cases like this play out in such an inept, devious, and arguably unethical manner.

More on The Staircase......

I'm only 5 or 6 episodes in right now. So far I haven't heard any real compelling evidence that he did it. That said.... there is just something sleazy/off about the guy. It does seem a crazy result of falling down the stairs. But I think the whole they just drank two entire bottles of wine thing is not being treated with enough relevance. And didn't she have a cocktail of prescription drugs in her system as well? It's really not that crazy.

Just now really getting into the actual trial stuff but so far a lot of the state's "experts" are downright laughable. The one woman who said it's impossible to get injured under the eye by falling down the stairs because there is "bone protruding to protect that area". Like WTF? That doesn't even begin to make sense. And then the blood spatter analyst who just did experiments from various directions with various levels of intensity until he got the results he wanted. He sure as **** ain't no Dexter.

Regardless of whether or not MP did it, it's super frustrating to see cases like this play out in such an inept, devious, and arguably unethical manner.
Oh yea man. I mean everything points to him being guilty (don’t know if you’ve got to his ex wife stuff too...soooo coincidental lol)

Dude just exudes “I’m smarter than you imma get away with it” type attitude. I’m a little ahead of you...yea those witnesses were pretty terrible lol.

Also that 911 call he seemed to be acting. Acting terribly but dam he seemed like a rookie actor reading a script

Oh yea man. I mean everything points to him being guilty (don’t know if you’ve got to his ex wife stuff too...soooo coincidental lol)

Dude just exudes “I’m smarter than you imma get away with it” type attitude. I’m a little ahead of you...yea those witnesses were pretty terrible lol.
Ex wife stuff? I don't think I've got into that yet. Unless you mean their friend in Germany who died.

Also that 911 call he seemed to be acting. Acting terribly but dam he seemed like a rookie actor reading a script
Yeah I can see that. I always try not to read too much into 911 calls though. In moments like that I just think it's tough to critique someone's demeanor. Easy to say "they weren't upset enough" or "they were too upset" or "they didn't sound authentic." But I mean if you found our wife in a bloody pool and barely breathing you can't really say exactly how you'd react.

Ex wife stuff? I don't think I've got into that yet. Unless you mean their friend in Germany who died.

Yeah I can see that. I always try not to read too much into 911 calls though. In moments like that I just think it's tough to critique someone's demeanor. Easy to say "they weren't upset enough" or "they were too upset" or "they didn't sound authentic." But I mean if you found our wife in a bloody pool and barely breathing you can't really say exactly how you'd react.
Wasn’t it his ex wife in Germany? The girls mom? Have they talked about her? I’m usually doing other shit while watching lol

Wasn’t it his ex wife in Germany? The girls mom? Have they talked about her? I’m usually doing other **** while watching lol
Nah that woman was just their good friend. And then he adopted her children (the two girls) after she died because the husband was already dead.

Oooh ok. I see, makes me see things a lol different lol not too much
Yeah it's still odd.

IDK man, it's one of those things where my gut is telling me he did it but there's just no super strong evidence. It's just all these little bitty questionable things that when put together makes him look really bad.

Atypical

So I finished this a few nights ago, it had its misses, but overall I enjoyed it and hope they make a second season. The humor gave a Parks and Rec vibe at points.

My only gripe, is they had a few moments where the story line felt a bit forced, but overall had several funny moments.

So my wife and I are about to try and start a new show. Suggestions from Netflix?

We’ve already seen Stranger Things, The Last Kingdom and Altered Carbon.

Open to all suggestions. It’s always nice to have a serious/dramatic type show and a comedy show to jump between every now and then.
Have yall watched GLOW? It's a really fun show and season 2 is coming soon.

The docu-series Evil Genius and that The Staircase we've been talking about are pretty good if you're into true crime stuff. (Evil Genius is the more interesting of the two imo)

Mindhunter is really, really good.

I assume you've seen Ozark? If not I'd put that at the top of the list.

Have yall watched GLOW? It's a really fun show and season 2 is coming soon.

The docu-series Evil Genius and that The Staircase we've been talking about are pretty good if you're into true crime stuff. (Evil Genius is the more interesting of the two imo)

Mindhunter is really, really good.

I assume you've seen Ozark? If not I'd put that at the top of the list.
Ozark, The Punisher, and that new Lost in Space show are on our shortlist. Just haven’t decided which to start with. Also curious if there’s anything else out there we need to look at.

Unfortunately my wife doesn’t really like true crime docs so those are something I try and catch on my own occasionally.

I’ve heard good things about GLOW but my wife can’t get past it’s about women wrestlers. Lol.

Ozark, The Punisher, and that new Lost in Space show are on our shortlist. Just haven’t decided which to start with. Also curious if there’s anything else out there we need to look at.

Unfortunately my wife doesn’t really like true crime docs so those are something I try and catch on my own occasionally.

I’ve heard good things about GLOW but my wife can’t get past it’s about women wrestlers. Lol.
Dude. Watch Ozark. You won't regret it. I'm confident you'll both love it.

GLOW. Yeah, my wife was the exact same way. I had to wear her down to give it a shot. But she ended up loving it even more than I did. I also have friends whose wives/girlfriends thought it looked stupid and ended up loving it. They are 30 minute episodes. If you can get her to commit to 2 episodes I bet she'll get hooked. There's a lot for women in that show. It's not all about wrestling.

I’ll probably start with Ozark. One season will be easy to get through.
Ozark is good. The best show on Netflix is Wentworth.

How did you like the Last Kingdom? I am a fan of Bernard Cornwell and was reading the books when season 1 came out so I was bias. I really liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back