Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I thought the first two episodes could have easily been compressed into one, this last one could have been two. It seemed rushed at points to me but, IMO, was one of the greatest episodes in any show I'd ever seen.

And I like how Arya took him out. I too think Bran had something to do with it. We'll see.

Where I thought the first two episodes could have easily been compressed into one, this last one could have been two. It seemed rushed at points to me but, IMO, was one of the greatest episodes in any show I'd ever seen.

And I like how Arya took him out. I too think Bran had something to do with it. We'll see.
I hope we'll see what Bran was doing all that time, but I honestly don't think we will. I hope there is more to this narrative but I'm not expecting it. I think it's obvious Bran knew or had an idea of what was going to happen.

The military aspect of it was freaking ridiculous and ruined the entire episode for me... I just don't understand half assing something like this.
my initial thoughts were similar... BUT... what if the Dothraki cavalry are 'one trick ponies' and ALL they know is the frontal charge???

in that case their only use was attrition of the deads army

as for the Unsullied in front of the trenches... I had zero issues with that because they did move behind it after engaging dead army. Probably more than one way to skin that cat though.

As for why the dragons were not used to destroy more of the dead army instead of chasing down Night King.... all I have is that they must have known killing Night King kills dead army.

one thing I would have like to have seen would have been the catapults BEHIND the trenches if not behind the walls of Winterfell... I mean the release point would clear the walls... I can only guess they were only good for reaching out and touching the dead army and had zero value other than long range.... I guess.

my initial thoughts were similar... BUT... what if the Dothraki cavalry are 'one trick ponies' and ALL they know is the frontal charge???

in that case their only use was attrition of the deads army

as for the Unsullied in front of the trenches... I had zero issues with that because they did move behind it after engaging dead army. Probably more than one way to skin that cat though.

As for why the dragons were not used to destroy more of the dead army instead of chasing down Night King.... all I have is that they must have known killing Night King kills dead army.

one thing I would have like to have seen would have been the catapults BEHIND the trenches if not behind the walls of Winterfell... I mean the release point would clear the walls... I can only guess they were only good for reaching out and touching the dead army and had zero value other than long range.... I guess.

True, but the Dothraki are similar to the Hun. Light calvalry that harrass and use horse bows to great effect. In the books it talks about their one loss against unsullied who just formed up with shield and the Dothraki couldn't penetrate them so eventually left.

I would go into more detail but I always forget how to do spoilers and don't want to spoil anyone. Also they were missing the waves of arrows which we have seen used before in the show.

I hope we'll see what Bran was doing all that time, but I honestly don't think we will. I hope there is more to this narrative but I'm not expecting it. I think it's obvious Bran knew or had an idea of what was going to happen.
Pretty sure all he was doing was flying around with the ravens following the Night's King.

Pretty sure all he was doing was flying around with the ravens following the Night's King.
Yeah probably and it sucks.

I did notice/learn about a few details in the ending sequence that gave me a little better feeling in terms of story telling.

OK, I can't get spoiler tags to work so GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS AHEAD

Jon tried to sacrifice himself for Arya at the end. You don't see her, but Viserion is guarding the Godswood and right before Jon Snow stands up and yells you see his expression change like he's seen something. He then stands up immediately and yells go three times toward Viserion, but was actually speaking to Arya. Next shot is WW's hair blowing as Arya enters the Godswood. It at least tells me Jon did have a part to play in that particular prophecy, but that he also has a final sacrifice to make. Also, when NK walks up to Bran, Bran looks directly where Arya eventually stabs him and NK gives him a confused smirk back. Bran knew how it would play out going back even to when he gave Arya the Catspaw.

Also, Kit Harrington said ep. 4 is one of his favorites ever, and mentions how everyone has been lulled into this sense of security. Curious what that means.

Yeah probably and it sucks.

I did notice/learn about a few details in the ending sequence that gave me a little better feeling in terms of story telling.

OK, I can't get spoiler tags to work so GAME OF THRONES SPOILERS AHEAD

Jon tried to sacrifice himself for Arya at the end. You don't see her, but Viserion is guarding the Godswood and right before Jon Snow stands up and yells you see his expression change like he's seen something. He then stands up immediately and yells go three times toward Viserion, but was actually speaking to Arya. Next shot is WW's hair blowing as Arya enters the Godswood. It at least tells me Jon did have a part to play in that particular prophecy, but that he also has a final sacrifice to make. Also, when NK walks up to Bran, Bran looks directly where Arya eventually stabs him and NK gives him a confused smirk back. Bran knew how it would play out going back even to when he gave Arya the Catspaw.

Also, Kit Harrington said ep. 4 is one of his favorites ever, and mentions how everyone has been lulled into this sense of security. Curious what that means.

SPOILERS... KIND OF

I saw where Kit said that was his favorite episode of the series and I am still trying to figure out why. It wasn't a terrible episode, but far from one of the better GoT episodes.

SPOILERS... KIND OF

I saw where Kit said that was his favorite episode of the series and I am still trying to figure out why. It wasn't a terrible episode, but far from one of the better GoT episodes.
Not sure either, I’m guessing it’s just what the actors are supposed to be saying to keep the hype rolling.

I have zero expectations at this point. They’ve shown repeatedly that they just don’t know how to handle the story after they ran out of book material. Execution has been awful. Are we supposed to believe Dany and her dragons couldn’t spot Euron’s fleet? Is Dany that incompetent to not realize she could have just flown around them and burned their fleet? It’s really just getting ridiculous at this point.

I hope I’m wrong but it looks like we are getting a straightforward Hollywood ending for the most part. I really wish they would address Bran and the three eyed raven. The books have that set up a lot different.

Yeah they’ve botched it big time. There were a lot of dumb parts. Why didn’t Cersei just wipe out the last dragon and 95% of dany’s council? Or why didn’t she kill Tyrion? That was a good scene though. Very cool visually.

Euron is the worst character in the history of television and that includes Dana brody

I turned on The Originals on Netflix just to have sound and I've ended up liking it.

It's almost like a soap opera with vampires, witches, and werewolves.

5 seasons long and I'm into the 2nd season. A bit cheesy at times but it's been good.

I turned on The Originals on Netflix just to have sound and I've ended up liking it.

It's almost like a soap opera with vampires, witches, and werewolves.

5 seasons long and I'm into the 2nd season. A bit cheesy at times but it's been good.

Go back and watch True Blood lol

That was the shit

Not sure either, I’m guessing it’s just what the actors are supposed to be saying to keep the hype rolling.

I have zero expectations at this point. They’ve shown repeatedly that they just don’t know how to handle the story after they ran out of book material. Execution has been awful. Are we supposed to believe Dany and her dragons couldn’t spot Euron’s fleet? Is Dany that incompetent to not realize she could have just flown around them and burned their fleet? It’s really just getting ridiculous at this point.

I hope I’m wrong but it looks like we are getting a straightforward Hollywood ending for the most part. I really wish they would address Bran and the three eyed raven. The books have that set up a lot different.

The only problem with that Spoiler is GRRM has already confirmed (this year) that the ending will be almost exactly the same as the books. The only differences will be the secondary characters. I guess then you can start speculating who are the "secondary" characters.

I started reading the books atleast 10 years before HBO. I have no problem saying the show is much better than the books.

In his entire career, GRRM has written a total of 2 good books. And those 2 are a compilation, not 2 total books.... Book 1 (game of thrones) sucked until the last 1/4th. Book 2 was good. Book 3 was good in pieces. Books 4 and 5 were some of the worst books I have read.

Yeah they’ve botched it big time. There were a lot of dumb parts. Why didn’t Cersei just wipe out the last dragon and 95% of dany’s council? Or why didn’t she kill Tyrion? That was a good scene though. Very cool visually.

Euron is the worst character in the history of television and that includes Dana brody

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Why didn't Dany just fly up real high, go behind them, and burn every single ship? There is no way they could have turned around fast enough. All their scorpions were aimed forward with only so much movement.

The only problem with that Spoiler is GRRM has already confirmed (this year) that the ending will be almost exactly the same as the books. The only differences will be the secondary characters. I guess then you can start speculating who are the "secondary" characters.

I started reading the books atleast 10 years before HBO. I have no problem saying the show is much better than the books.

In his entire career, GRRM has written a total of 2 good books. And those 2 are a compilation, not 2 total books.... Book 1 (game of thrones) sucked until the last 1/4th. Book 2 was good. Book 3 was good in pieces. Books 4 and 5 were some of the worst books I have read.

I know Martin supposedly told them the ending and that it is supposed to be similar but how they get their matters. The books still have the benefit of the doubt that all of these prophecies, secondary characters, and history can still come in to play. The books don’t even have a Night King like the show. Well they do but not in the same sense.

I agree Book 4 was shit and 5 was only a little bit better but I really enjoyed books 1-3.

I'm guessing you don't read many books, then. Sure, books 4 and 5 didn't live up to the first 3, but they are better than 90% of the fantasy books out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back