Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the best throne in TV history

b987dfb92fcd9c887f08fbbf3326ea8c.jpg

h/t Omar

I have to rewatch the Wire

The complaints I specifically recall were that there were too many storylines going at once, the main characters never interact with each other, episodes would go by without a single appearance of people's favorite character and of course something about dragons..
Prior to last season I recall reading show runners had taken all this under advisement and were going to move faster to a resolve things.

I agree that elements of the ending where sped over in FF mode, but I also understand they were really in a no win spot. HBO should have bought them 6 or 8 more hours for the fans - but even as rushed as it felt you gotta keep in mind the massive logistical challenge they faced with this show.

Most theatrical movies are about 90 minutes long. This season gave us three or four full-movie length episodes. Some of which were just massive. The biggest thing ever shown on TV. Amidst all the complaining, we still got this - for the monthly price of an HBO subscription.
HBO would have paid whatever amount of money to keep got on the air for years more. DB & DB didn’t want to finish it properly

I’m keeping mine.. it’s what like 14.99 a month?? Lol

Plus Westworld in a year, I like the Ballers series, I watch Lebrons show, I want to rewatch the Wire, hard knocks in a few months.

As I said earlier, how many HBO subscriptions were canceled yesterday lol
I havent canceled mine yet, but I will soon. Especially since Dish and HBO are in contract disputes so I couldn't order it through Dish, I had to go with the HBONow streaming service for 15.99 a month.

I just started watching The Shield recently (Not to be confused with the Marvel show that has a similar name). The show is actually somewhat revolutionary, a gritty, morally ambiguous police show with lots of violence.

It is based off the Rampart district of LA and revolves around a special team of thug cops (Strike Team) who are incredibly brutal and corrupt. But they get results so at times the brass looks the other way.

Fans of The Wire will like the show @CRUDS @GoT @Dee @titantrusince82

There is some similarity with Season 3 of The Wire. The Strike Team allow one drug gang free reign, and even protect them, as long as they keep the violence down.

Without The Shield you would likely not have The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead and several others.

No major spoilers here:

I just started watching The Shield recently (Not to be confused with the Marvel show that has a similar name). The show is actually somewhat revolutionary, a gritty, morally ambiguous police show with lots of violence.

It is based off the Rampart district of LA and revolves around a special team of thug cops (Strike Team) who are incredibly brutal and corrupt. But they get results so at times the brass looks the other way.

Fans of The Wire will like the show @CRUDS @GoT @Dee @titantrusince82

There is some similarity with Season 3 of The Wire. The Strike Team allow one drug gang free reign, and even protect them, as long as they keep the violence down.

Without The Shield you would likely not have The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead and several others.

No major spoilers here:

That’s the show with the short bald headed white cop?? I think I remember that show from back in the day when I was a kid.

Showed on FX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back